Medium Beginner
29%

Total votes : 21

Luna - 19 May 2014 - Two animations posted

Postby Царица Луна » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Other Pivot Threads
The Arsenal - ACOG
Old Thread (most/all links are dead)

22 Mar 2014 - Not sure if I'll be active in animating again but I made something.

Spoiler:
20 Oct 2012 - I have recently made two animations after over a year since animating (one of which posted in the thread). I changed the kind of stickman I would use since I felt my old ones were too inconvenient for several reasons. As of now, I doubt I will be making pivot animations regularly. But we'll see. Both 2011 and 2012 have been slow in terms of Pivot. I am lost when it comes to the standards of being an intermediate animator; I expect it has risen since 2010?

11 May 2014 - Preview?
Hopefully this will end up being a long animation.

17 April 2014 - Practice - Landing and shooting
Just trying some things. Didn't bother adding in the ejected shells.

10 April 2014 - Practice - Kicks
I am somewhat pleased with the results. Also tried to do spins.

09 April 2014 - Practice - Punches
I was reading Senzo's fighting tutorial and made this. The most challenging part of this was getting the fall right which I'm not completely satisfied with. One thing I just noticed is how stiff the legs look when they bounce back up.

22 March 2014 - Practice - Run Jump Run
Main focus on this animation was the stickfigure's reaction when landing and turning to continue running.

27 Feb 2014 - Sir calm down
Didn't bother finishing.

phpBB [video]

I have been informed that I'm one of the winners for the Pivot 4 competition. This is the complete animation.

02 April 2013 - Sterilization Teaser
Something I'm currently working on.

05 February 2013 - Acrobat
Some movement tests with the new base.

Spoiler:
13 October 2012 - Small Combo
First somewhat lengthy animation after the year-long break.

Spoiler:
15 September 2011 - Walk Loop
Last animation I made before my year-long break from pivot.

19 August 2011
Last somewhat lengthy animation before my year-long break from pivot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWiONG0h4Y
For those who remember me from 2009, you might have known that I was working on a Pivot series, highly inspired by Madness Combat, called Chaos. The first episode was released and I began to work on the second one. But the project died off sometime in 2010 and I currently have no interest in continuing or reworking on the series. The sounds are slightly off in the video.

Dead Links
Spoiler:
*Dead Link*
July 25-August 12/2011 (Should I continue this?)

Recent
*Dead Link*
Feb 23-March 11/2011? (Got bored at the end)

*Dead Link*
Casualties - 1st place animation in first Beginner's Competition (last animation before my motivation to animate started to decline)
Last edited by Царица Луна on Mon May 19, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: Luna's Animations

Postby Waffles Mgee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm

I think you should redo your thread designs. The red text on black highlight is a tad annoying, some tags are dead like the youtube video one, and I think it's best if you just link all your older animations, only showing one or two of your newest in full.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Waffles Mgee wrote:I think you should redo your thread designs. The red text on black highlight is a tad annoying, some tags are dead like the youtube video one, and I think it's best if you just link all your older animations, only showing one or two of your newest in full.

On the previous forum the spoilers actually hid the content instead of just highlighting it like in this forum; I'm hoping a change will be made for that.

Some work is definitely needed for the thread.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Llama » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Is there any particular reason you changed your name here to Krovavaya Luna instead of Princess Luna? Not saying it's bad, just curious is all.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm

115PIVOT wrote:Is there any particular reason you changed your name here to Krovavaya Luna instead of Princess Luna? Not saying it's bad, just curious is all.

*Shrugs* I simply prefer having it as my online identity.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: Luna - 09 Apr 2014 - Practice - Punches

Postby Царица Луна » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm

I made another.
09 April 2014 - Practice - Punches
I was reading Senzo's fighting tutorial and made this. The most challenging part of this was getting the fall right which I'm not completely satisfied with. One thing I just noticed is how stiff the legs look when they bounce back up.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: Luna - 09 Apr 2014 - Practice - Punches

Postby The Specter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Its good to see you animating again!! This animation looked pretty good, spacing on the puncher seemed a little off when he was coming back up from the punch, keep em coming!
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Re: Luna - 10 Apr 2014 - Practice - Punches

Postby Царица Луна » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm

10 April 2014 - Practice - Kicks
I am somewhat pleased with the results. Also tried to do spins.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: Luna - 10 Apr 2014 - Practice - Kicks

Postby Bullzeye » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 am

why do I feel that ur kick was a litle im balanced
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby The Specter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am

One of the kicks was maybe a little too fast, but the rest was really good. My favorite part is when hes on one foot and he stops for a little to jump into that other kick. Nicely done!
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:56 am

Chaos 2 is a really impressive cartoon. Full of content ones. Though, enemies were dying too fast. Maybe you should've increased frame density for movements? I think nowadays you have it.
In terms of movement quality, you did mostly well for:
13 October 2012 - Small Combo (great inertia here)
02 April 2013 - Sterilization Teaser (reaction of stick and implemention of this reaction made me happy)

Your newest animations lack smoothness (frame density) and a beeeit of inertia (I mean flow, which in the punches ani to be fair you carried out pretty good). For example 2014 kick ones. There are some moments in which you should've that stick fallen. And I understand, it's a kind of style, but legs' kicks were too stiff.

Be imaginative. Cool backgrounds are the half of victory, and they make you to do movements well.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Царица Луна » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:41 am

Looz-Ashae wrote:Chaos 2 is a really impressive cartoon. Full of content ones. Though, enemies were dying too fast. Maybe you should've increased frame density for movements? I think nowadays you have it.
In terms of movement quality, you did mostly well for:
13 October 2012 - Small Combo (great inertia here)
02 April 2013 - Sterilization Teaser (reaction of stick and implemention of this reaction made me happy)

Your newest animations lack smoothness (frame density) and a beeeit of inertia (I mean flow, which in the punches ani to be fair you carried out pretty good). For example 2014 kick ones. There are some moments in which you should've that stick fallen. And I understand, it's a kind of style, but legs' kicks were too stiff.

Be imaginative. Cool backgrounds are the half of victory, and they make you to do movements well.

Chaos 2 is a dead project but the short series is something I sometimes I look back to because I had enough motivation to animate to make the relatively long animations (Chaos 1 was released but needs to be reuploaded but I'm not sure if I'll ever be in the mood to put the animation together and add all the sound effects again).

As you know, the Sterilization animation you saw was just a preview. I have finished the full animation; I edited the first post of the thread so that the video link is more obvious if you're interested in watching it.

The reason why my animations have been visually simple recently is because I've been more focusing on practicing movements. I could add backgrounds but there really isn't too much reason to add them now; if I get enough motivation to make longer animations with a setting then I'll probably put more work on the graphics as well.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:24 am

>I've been more focusing on practicing movements
Please no. You will end up animating a short fightings of 2 sticks on white background if you continue doing that. But! You'll have your perfect movements.

It's much more interesting to watch non-trivial movies full of colors, sounds, music, dialogs and plot of course. The more duration movie has, the more interest to the "beauty" of movements fades and more it's being focused on what's going on there.
Stickman on crack for example.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Царица Луна » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 am

Looz-Ashae wrote:>I've been more focusing on practicing movements
Please no. You will end up animating a short fightings of 2 sticks on white background if you continue doing that. But! You'll have your perfect movements.

It's much more interesting to watch non-trivial movies full of colors, sounds, music, dialogs and plot of course. The more duration movie has, the more interest to the "beauty" of movements fades and more it's being focused on what's going on there.
Stickman on crack for example.

Oh don't worry about that because I actually have been using as well as prefer to use sprites and backgrounds in my animations; it's actually more unusual for me to make animations that are graphically simple. If my motivation to animations is still alive by then, I'll probably make just a few more practice animations before I make something more graphically appealing.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Looz-Ashae » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:30 am

Pleasant to heard (pr pleasant to see on the Internets?). I'm looking forward to check your new stuff! :)
Btw, I don't see any problems in the full version of "Sterelization". As well as I can't call you a beginner. That's a nonsense.
A thread
R'agnarus
Looz-AshaeOffline
Active
Active

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall