My animations.

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

My animations.

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:13 pm

My first fight ever. I know it sucks.
Spoiler:

The first fight of my "Savage Battles" series (Ik the name is crap). Savage Battles were just random fights and stuff I did.
Spoiler:

Dab
Spoiler:

Violently Dabbing
Spoiler:

This is a teaser for my most recent battle i'm working on. Just a checkpoint for where I am to where I started. I've progressed a lot! You can also see the stick Jojishi uses! I feel like such a copy cat now.
Spoiler:

Another little teaser, SSJ transformation.
Spoiler:

Another teaser.
Spoiler:

This is something i've done recently.
Spoiler:
Last edited by YolkyKinkajou on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Re: My animations.

Postby Jojishi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Welcome to TheDarkDemon. Just so you know for future reference, you're only allowed one topic/thread in an animation section. Use this thread to update on. When you have an update, edit your animation into your first post and then make a new post saying update. This will bump your thread to the top of the section so people know there is an update.

As for the animations, they look interesting. Savage Battle has a cool angle in it at the end there. With your movements, they will look a lot better if you move every joint in every frame. Right now, what you're doing is moving (for example) the lower arm, clicking next frame, then moving the upper arm, clicking next frame and then moving the back, etc. What looks better is moving it all one frame, then moving it all the next. Obviously for some movements (such as a waving gesture) you won't need to do this, but it's something to keep in mind.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:12 pm

I appreciate the response and feedback. But trust me these are just old animations when I was really bad.

Oh yeah I was wondering if you had a stk available for your SSJ Bro-Jamba. I know it's just the SSF Brolnemba but you have the hair spiked.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby Jojishi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Okay, well I'll be looking forward to when you post some new animations. :)

I'm sorry, but I don't give the sticks out to anyone. I might release a DBZ pack some time in the future, but for now it's not happening. My reason behind this is it's not technically my stick and I respect the wishes of the original stick-maker to hang onto it.

In case you're wondering why I edited your post second post into the previous, it's because you're not allowed to double post unless it's an update. I hope this cleared things up.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:33 pm

I know that the pack was made by LG59. I have his pack already. In fact I use the same Brolnemba sticks in my newest fights. It's just that the SSJ Bro-Jamba or otherwise your picture is not in the pack. So i'm assuming you customly edited it. Also would replying to you like this count as double post?
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby Jojishi » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:44 pm

YolkyKinkajou wrote:I know that the pack was made by LG59. I have his pack already. In fact I use the same Brolnemba sticks in my newest fights. It's just that the SSJ Bro-Jamba or otherwise your picture is not in the pack. So i'm assuming you customly edited it. Also would replying to you like this count as double post?

A double post is when you make a second new post in a row. So if the most recent post is your own, but you make a new post after it then that's a double post. You haven't double posted this time, so don't worry about it. And as I mentioned above, it's completely fine if it's for an update.

SSJ Bro-Jamba was made by a friend of mine, and he'd prefer if I didn't hand it out.

Any other questions might be best suited to PMs at this point. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby AnimationWizard » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:14 pm

god dammit everyone was more creative than me at the start >:(
AnimationWizardOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 pm

Update.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Update
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Update.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby Setto » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Use spoilers god damn it
It's pretty stiff overall and some of the movements are awkward. looks cool though :D
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:46 am

>When you feel like you've improved so much and you believe your animations are fairly smooth but someone says it's pretty stiff and the movements are awkward. DEFEAT.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby Fuel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:18 pm

I know what you're going through man. Back in 2010 when I was a beginner, after putting lots of effort into an animation and uploading it, everybody would say that was stiff and awkward, and it hurt a little, but I realized that its all so I could become better. I observed the movements from the best at that time and started to incorporate what I learned into my animations. After working on movements for a while I felt ready to showcase them in a longer animation, which promoted me to intermediate! Don't give up YolkyKinkajou! You have a lot of potential, keep practicing,remember the entire body tends to bend in each simple movement. Read some tutorials, download and observe some piv. files of great animators, watch and learn how they do their movements, once you understand the patterns try it out in some quick tests, and trust me you will improve. Practice makes perfect, hope this helps man. :)
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby YolkyKinkajou » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:39 pm

It will help me. Thank you.
Cool!
YolkyKinkajouOffline

Postby Setto » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:35 pm

YolkyKinkajou wrote:>When you feel like you've improved so much and you believe your animations are fairly smooth but someone says it's pretty stiff and the movements are awkward. DEFEAT.

you have improved a considerable amount, but if you don't get criticism you can't git gud
I was worse than you for like 6 months after i started, you're lucky you found this site lol
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall