Drayne's Thread

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Drayne's Thread

Postby Jojishi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Welcome to our site Drayne. I think your animations are very good. You obviously have quite a bit of experience with Pivot.

The one thing you can improve on would be your spacing. While it usually looks fine, there are some moments where it stops abruptly. When it stops too soon, it doesn't look good.

Rondade backflip fail [Passage Débutant] looks good up until the landing. The landing is passable, but it could look better. When the stick-figure lands he stops very abruptly. With all the momentum he had before, he could move further back when he's landing to keep some of the flow.

The spacing also looks like this when you stop suddenly:

|-----------|------------|-------|--|-|

When in my opinion, it should slow down but not to a complete stop so soon. This could look better:

|-----------|---------|------|----|---|--|-|

"|" = frame, "-"= spacing.

With the bottom example, the movement takes longer to stop.

Basically, this applies to lots of the landings in your flip animations. Make the easing more gradual so it doesn't stop too fast. I hope this advice helps.

I really liked the top animation. That was super creative and fun to watch.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: Drayne's Thread

Postby Drayne » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 am

Thank you Jojishi ! :)
I got a bad english but i understood what you said, so notice that the first animations are the older, so yeah this animation is pretty bad ahah, thank you again and cya ! :D
DrayneOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall