Your thread

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Your thread

Postby Silver » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 am

Intro

Spoiler:
Yo'
Last edited by Silver on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 27 times in total.
SilverOffline
VIP
VIP

Re: Dbz incomplete

Postby Jojishi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Welcome to the site Silver. Those animations look quite good. There's a bit of shakiness in the spacing (movement from one frame to the next), which means that the spacing amount is inconsistent in areas.

Example of shaky spacing ("|" = frame, "-" = spacing amount):
|-|-------|----|------------|---|----------|

Smooth spacing:
|-|--|----|--------|--------|------|---|-|

You could also start learning to ease, which is the slowing down and speeding up of movement. If you use the principle of how a car never starts straight away at full speed, and that it needs time to build up it's speed, you'll see that basically every movement uses easing in some form.

I also highly recommend Mitch's tutorial which covers all of the basics. Nice stuff so far though.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Silver » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Thank you, I'll try that
Last edited by Silver on Sat May 27, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:39 pm

These look pretty good. Some movements are kind of jittery, but you're off to a good start. I remember using those DBZ sticks almost 8 years ago. It's crazy to see them still being used.

If want to improve, I'd recommend making some tests which focus more on the aspects of animation. Like easing, momentum, flow, and realistic postures. Physics play a huge role in how believable your animation looks. You can have some of the worst spacing, but still have a somewhat realistic animation as long as you follow the rules of physics. Now obviously DBZ animations are not known for realism, but you can make an otherwise unrealistic movement, look more believable when there is a good balance between realism and exaggeration.

If you practice and get a good understanding of physics and realism, it will improve your DBZ animations by a lot and I'm assuming that's what you're trying to do. It also makes it easier on us to critique a test, because we know what you're trying to accomplish in that test, where as in a DBZ animation it's hard to pick out what you really spent time on and what you didn't. So I would just keep those things in mind, but continue to do what you enjoy.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Dat Boi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:16 am

What I've seen, when alot of animators do dbz anims..It looks like they are running in the air..Why? I don't know
Dat BoiOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Your thread

Postby Silver » Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 pm

Upd8
SilverOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Ray » Sun May 28, 2017 3:28 pm

When the stk actually performs the flip, it looks unnatural because it started moving in the direction of the flip instead of in the direction he was previously going. He has to still move forward just a hair or make the onion skin smaller when he changes directions. Still pretty good. Make more!
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Silver » Wed May 31, 2017 3:34 pm

thx for Cnc fixed it
SilverOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Bullzeye » Wed May 31, 2017 10:25 pm

now that u have fixed that point, it does look better ( ignoring the point that how he lost so much momentum for the jump). the animation is very smooth and i like it. i wouldnt have even thought of improving that if it was me!
anyway, the last flip could have used a better and longer landing animation, it would have looked much better than, although there is no space for it lol! never mind.
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Silver » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 am

update

chris joint
SilverOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Bullzeye » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:34 pm

This is a very nice flip this time, with proper momentum as well, and I think u tried to make a last back pain too, which looked kinda funny!
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Vito » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 pm

That's a cute tricks dude! But I think you didn't execute them well, the stick looks stop and go when its about to twist. It is because its slowing-down right before its going to twist, didn't get enough momentum from the run, the twist looks floaty tho it looks like its just twisting in the same line, you need to make it higher and then lower again. I see its gaining momentum from the twist to flip which is pretty good. The flip itself looks stiff because of the heavy spacing (kinda slowing down in mid air and then go really fast when its about to land). The landing is good just make sure it lands in a good way so the stick doesn't look it's going to fall. I see you're putting a lot effort, good job dude. Keep it up!
. (scared .
VitoOffline
VIP

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall