K Universe animations?

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

K Universe animations?

Postby K Universe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:10 am

Hello all.

Please let me explain something before I go on: I have thought about coming here many MANY times before but just didn't feel like I was ready. Not as in I wasn't good enough... or maybe that too lol. But... I just haven't made anything "worth while" I guess

Part of trying to make animations for YouTube (Which is what I do) is releasing content "steadily" so when I would like to focus on making everything clean and perfect, I just don't have the time to do it. So my animations suffer sometimes. But the average viewer doesn't notice small things like shakiness and when a single finger doesn't move.

Another reason I feel like I was afraid to come here is there's a "favorable" environment. I don't do people lol. I love Dinosaurs. I thought many times that could be a reason I may not progress as much is because I do these weird things. But, perhaps that is me judging people before they do to me and that's unfair

With that out of the way, here are some particular animations I'm proud of

These were done this year (2016) on a short film I made:

Flip:
Spoiler:

Dodge:
Spoiler:

Battle:
Spoiler:

Battle 2:
Spoiler:

Fall:
Spoiler:

Run:
Spoiler:

Attack
Spoiler:

Older stuff:

Head Hit (lol):
Spoiler:

Newer stuff:

Spinosaurus:
Spoiler:

Tyrannosaurus
Spoiler:

Bite Switch:
Spoiler:

Getting up:
Spoiler:

So yeah... here are my stuff... I know they're probably not that impressive lol. I've been animating since 2008 and I have not a lot of stuff going on. But when I look at the higher level stuff here... idk. All the camera movements and 3d stuff. I want to do that but I limit myself because I try get things done as ASAP as possible

XD anyway. Well, enjoy ripping me apart
Last edited by K Universe on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"One of the greatest delusions of the average man is to forget that life is death's prisoner."
K UniverseOffline

Re: K Universe animations?

Postby Llama » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:41 am

Don't knock yourself for one second, I'm really impressed with what you got. You have a very good sense of consistent flow and fluid movement. The movements of the dinosaurs are very smooth and consistent, which is great, but sometimes erratic, quick movements serve best, especially in action sequences.

Don't feel bad because you don't do humanoid forms, dinosaurs are great as well. It's really hard to find a good/attractive niche like you did, especially when 95% of Pivot animations are stick figures fighting, quite a few of them not that great either. You've found your niche and you've worked to master it, which by far outweighs any sort of precedent or expectations people believe you should follow. I love dinosaurs so it was a pretty big surprise to see such quality dino animations here.

Keep doing what you're doing, man, what you've shown is pretty damn impressive and I can't wait to see what else you make. Hell, if you get a quick move up or if your animation is deemed good enough, join the DDC we have going on. Within the monotony of seeing Stickman over and over it would be pretty cool to see a dinosaur somewhere in there, especially since you can clearly animate them well.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Youngster » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:02 am

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"

Currently working on:Something
YoungsterOffline
Noob
VIP

Postby AlpK » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Yes! Here you are. Yeah man, you should join DDC once you get moved up. Keep up this beautiful work bro.
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Cavolia » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Looking good. Curious what you're going to muster up when putting everything together for a short film.
-"I'm just like you, just not a fool. I'm just like you, just not as cool"

www.Janovich.nl
my personal website
CavoliaOffline
massive fgt
Regular

Postby MrMushroom » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Omg dude its rly good :D I love that flow. Keep it up! :)
I am growing in the forest :P

DDC13 - 190/300 frames
MrMushroomOffline
Active
Active

Postby Alexis » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:03 pm

loving the bite switch one, so adorable man
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Raymond » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 pm

These are great! I know most people post stick fights around here, but pivot is becoming intricate enough where you can expect a lot of different things. You shouldn't be afraid to share your animations because they're dinosaur animations. I can tell you're good, but if you keep getting better, being different from other people will make you stand out.

I notice your figures can get kind of stiff. An example is during your first battle scene. The dinosaurs move horizontally but they have no vertical motion. Like if their back legs get tired and give way to the weight, then their back end would drop closer to the ground. It would make the fight seem more like a struggle.

I like slow and smooth styles like yours. It gives off a colossus vibe, it makes things feel heavy if you know what I mean. My favorite is the Spinosaurus. The colors and textures bring it to life. And the small details on the legs/claws make it feel very fluid and dynamic. I would like to see more like that.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:41 pm

Im oftly surprised at pivot's capablities now. Nice work.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby K Universe » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Alright. That's probably all the comments I'll get

so... (afraid to ask lol) what rank am I?
"One of the greatest delusions of the average man is to forget that life is death's prisoner."
K UniverseOffline

Postby Llama » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 am

You're easily intermediate rank. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't been moved up already considering you clearly have the skill and the work to show it.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby elixir » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Llama wrote:You're easily intermediate rank. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't been moved up already considering you clearly have the skill and the work to show it.

maybe they don't know how to rank dinosaurs lol.

nice anims dude
elixirOffline
VIP

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall