Postby Meh » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:10 am

Small update :P
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Re: My Animations

Postby Hydrogenex » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 am

The newest anim looks fairly nice, but it has that slight feel of jerkiness when he lands.
It kinda looks like he's made of rubber to be honest.
The arms are what give this away to me, you should've contracted them more. To me, it'll look a bit more natural. (The left arm is a really big problem, watch it a couple of times, and you'll see it looks a bit stiff.)

As for the Combo Test 2, the trails look fairly nice, although at the end he just suddenly comes to a stop. As soon as he reaches a kind of T-shaped pose, he seems to just suddenly the little momentum he had and just lowers his arms, and becomes very stiff again. The attacks are pretty good, the downwards punch a bit weird to look at, but still nice.

The parkour part can be improved, by not over-easing your run. Try to make it flow. Mitch made a tutorial on it, but it seems Jojishi has already given you the link, so I'm not gonna touch up that much on that. The head seems to jerk around a bit, but I'm too lazy to talk about that (I'm an asshole, baby). The moment he jumps between the two pillars, it seems as if all the weight had gone out for a moment, which just really looks unnatural. Don't worry about weight yet doe, it comes with time. The wall jump is just a massive mistake (No offense.), because I'm not sure he'd be able to pull it off with the momentum he gained from running. He'd basically splat into the wall. And yes, I do see that you tried to make it slow-mo, and I guess I'll forgive it for now. The spike jump wasn't bad, it needs a bit of work, as the balancing on the rail part happened a bit too fast (His arms moved a bit too fast, so it looks pretty weird.).

Well, I'm not gonna take a look at the older anims, a bit too lazy right now, but I sincerely do hope you improve quickly, I see quite a good animator in you. Then again, I'm pretty shit at animating, so all of this that I just spat out can be easily described as bullshit nonsense, but nevertheless, I tried. Hope to see more of you soon, courtesy?

-H̛y͜d̨ro͢-
My signature sucks, go away plz.

Wanna see my cringe anims? Here ya go!

HydrogenexOffline
Active
Active

Postby Meh » Thu May 11, 2017 4:29 am

Ayyyy
A small update with 2 run loop and 2 random things
Thank you -H̛y͜d̨ro͢- for your advise, I will remember that for my future animation (sorry if there are any mistakes that repeat in this update and for my bad English)
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Postby Fleance » Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 pm

TL;DR, work on shakiness/posing/stiffness

You have definitely surpassed low beginner yet not a high beginner yet. The problems I'm am seeing consistently through your animations are posing, stiffness, and shakiness. Once you fix those things I'd definitely say you're a high beginner, possibly even low inters. keep working I want to see great things soon!

DDC13(14?) - 198 / 1000+ Frames
FleanceOffline
Active
Active

Postby Bullzeye » Wed May 24, 2017 11:15 pm

all of those animations that u have here are small, animate some longer animations with more movement.
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: TheDucker1's Trash

Postby Meh » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:06 am

uppppppade with some trahs :C
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Re: Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 am

cup-date
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Re: I want cnc :v

Postby Meh » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:27 am

i'll make another bump
Words
MehOffline
Active
Active

Postby Zaaz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am

I think you're going in the right direction with this animation, but I really feel like you should add more frames, so that the eyes can actually follow what the stick is doing. It looks too choppy right now, but if you add more frames it will smooth the animation out and the viewer won't have to rewatch it 3-4 times to actually follow what movements the stick is making. After the sticks first punch he suddenly leans backwards and then forward right after, which doesn't make for very realistic movement, after the first punch you should add more frames to ease into the next movement, and not just have him fly straight into the next pose.

This animation is very stop and go'ish. I feel like you animated the arms pretty well here, the first three punches actually feel like punches, but again without a lot of frames, it looks pretty choppy. The sticks legs doesn't move much at all, and you don't get the feeling that he's walking or stepping forward when punching, but instead it just feels like he's sliding across. I don't know about the last attack he does, it looks like he just pulls himself forward by grabbing the air, and then he comes to a complete stop. Here you should make him ease forward after spacing the stick so much forward. A car wouldn't be able to come to a complete stop immediately if it's moving at 60 km/h, and that's how you should think when animating with huge spacing, or just animation in general, try and think how the movement would look like in real life, and apply that to your animations.

The sword stab feels weird because you made it seem like the sword was pretty heavy to start off with, but then he just easily swings it up on his should afterwards. Again, you spaced a lot, and then made it come to a complete stop, it would look way smoother if you eased the movement after such a fast movement.

This is in my opinion your best animation so far, it looks really good. It would've looked more finished if the stick came to a standstill instead of just fading out, but overall I think this animation is really good. Good Job!

Also, don't let criticism discourage you, I know when I started animating, I'd get a little bummed out when people pointed out errors and mistakes in my animations, but in the end people are just trying to help you get better. Good luck on your future animations. :)
ZaazOffline
Active
Active

Postby Blademaster » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 am

Just a few more and you'll be intermediate. Zaaz gave good cnc
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Previous

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall