Affinity

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Affinity

Postby Affinity » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:53 pm

hello there

Spoiler:
Last edited by Affinity on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AffinityOffline

Re: Affinity

Postby Echo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:00 pm

I actually like this a lot, kinda reminds me when I play games... cuz they lag... anyway nice animation but there are some things that could use some fixing, for example you should give him more time to get back up after those punches, not only will that make the movement more realistic, it would also make it smoother. While doing the punches his legs kinda went stop and go, you should space them better to make it look more clean. The kiss at the very end, as beautiful as it was I kinda feel like it was rushed a bit and you should add some more frames to that movement.

Keep animating and stay active !

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Alexis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm

woah hey, nice animation dude! is it a coincidence i made something like this a few days ago?
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

Postby Finom » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Alt confirmed.

Jk I love the animation, and it's been a while since I've seen a practical use of that stance. The kiss was fairly lovely, and I like the flow. Keep going, I'll be looking forward to what you've got.
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Affinity » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:50 pm

thanks guys <3

added another one
AffinityOffline

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:25 pm

You're actually very good! Spacing, easing, flow... All of it looks nice.

The newest looks great, however, on the rebound style landing after that flip a more noticeable "bounce" could look better. Currently it almost looks like a straight legged and stiff landing, so bounce a few pixels higher and lasting slightly longer in air-time could help.

Going into that bent-over pose before the splits is abrupt and stiff. I know you were going for a sudden stop, but a small amount of easing would still give you this and take away some stiffness.

You've got the basics down, so you can improve on one small thing: stiffness. You can still use it in areas like attacks (which need it for power) but other places can look unnatural when they don't need this power. I was impressed when I first saw your thread, so good stuff man! High Begginer, if you wanted a rank. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall