Kick:
Spoiler:

Combo
Spoiler:

Earthbender
Spoiler:

Punch test
Spoiler:
Last edited by DostPs on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 10 times in total.
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Dostps' animations

Postby Valkyn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Add more power to the punch by increasing the spacing with the arm. i.e: |-|------------|--|-| (the |'s are frames, the -'s are the spacing between the frames)
I like that you tried to have anticipation to the punch, but I personally don't think someone would pull their leg up that high to punch something. With that said, the foot should be planted before the punch is thrown in order for the stick to have a solid base allowing it to throw its momentum forward with some balance. You animated the punch before the front leg hit the ground, which took away from the power and made him look pretty off balance.
Also, foot placement. Make sure that back foot stays in one spot throughout the punch, maybe lifting it a little at the end because of momentum. An easy trick is to make a marker - create a stick that's 0 length and make it static. It'll leave you with an orange node that you can use as a marker to keep the foot in place by lining up the joint nodes of the heel and/or toes behind the orange marker.

Hope this helps.
"No u." ~Aristotle

ValkynOffline
no longer than 20 ch
VIP

Postby DostPs » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:11 am

Valkyn wrote:Add more power to the punch by increasing the spacing with the arm. i.e: |-|------------|--|-| (the |'s are frames, the -'s are the spacing between the frames)
I like that you tried to have anticipation to the punch, but I personally don't think someone would pull their leg up that high to punch something. With that said, the foot should be planted before the punch is thrown in order for the stick to have a solid base allowing it to throw its momentum forward with some balance. You animated the punch before the front leg hit the ground, which took away from the power and made him look pretty off balance.
Also, foot placement. Make sure that back foot stays in one spot throughout the punch, maybe lifting it a little at the end because of momentum. An easy trick is to make a marker - create a stick that's 0 length and make it static. It'll leave you with an orange node that you can use as a marker to keep the foot in place by lining up the joint nodes of the heel and/or toes behind the orange marker.

Hope this helps.

thank you a lot!
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby SIFTER » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm

It's nice that you're trying to exaggerate your poses and anticipating the movement, but because your spacing was lacking in proper easing. Even what Valkyn shown counts as easing. It doesn't have to be so subtle. Valkyn has pretty much said it all, but to add to what he said, you could've done with less frames, depending on what sort of movement you were going for. If this exact exaggeration is what you had in mind, then I'd prefer it to be this way
Spoiler:

If not, then something as simple as this should suffice
Spoiler:

I hope this helps.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Re: Dostps' animations!

Postby DostPs » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 am

New animation: Earthbender!

DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Jojishi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 pm

The earth-bending animation is fantastic. Movements look good and also have power to them. The only thing that could look better would be if the rocks were filled and coloured, instead of being outlined. But that's just my personal preference.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby DostPs » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Jojishi wrote:The earth-bending animation is fantastic. Movements look good and also have power to them. The only thing that could look better would be if the rocks were filled and coloured, instead of being outlined. But that's just my personal preference.

Thank you, I'm so happy I'm finally improving, even if slowly!!

btw, i guess i'll make another earthbender animation, but this time with colored rocks :D
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby DostPs » Wed May 03, 2017 5:56 pm

New animation! Combo!

DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Re: Dostps' animations! [Update: Combo]

Postby Echo » Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 am

I don't really get the starting pose, it just looks like a difficult pose to start animating from. After the walk he starts doing the thingy that i can't really explain but i think it would look much better with more smoothed out movements, it looks like you spaced out the first part of the movement well but than just kinda gave up and it really looked beginner-ish. You should've kept increasing his arm spacing every frame a bit more and you shouldn't have skipped like 1 frame, well it just kinda looks like that's what you did. If you wanted to make it look more powerful you just had to make more buildup to make it look more powerful. When he jumped it looked really weird at the end, you made it look very stiff, as if there was no jump, you should definitely work on that make it more intense and fix that ending pose, it looks weird the way he's leaning forward.
That's it for now, i hope this helped.
Keep it up !

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby DostPs » Mon May 08, 2017 2:54 am

Echo wrote:I don't really get the starting pose, it just looks like a difficult pose to start animating from. After the walk he starts doing the thingy that i can't really explain but i think it would look much better with more smoothed out movements, it looks like you spaced out the first part of the movement well but than just kinda gave up and it really looked beginner-ish. You should've kept increasing his arm spacing every frame a bit more and you shouldn't have skipped like 1 frame, well it just kinda looks like that's what you did. If you wanted to make it look more powerful you just had to make more buildup to make it look more powerful. When he jumped it looked really weird at the end, you made it look very stiff, as if there was no jump, you should definitely work on that make it more intense and fix that ending pose, it looks weird the way he's leaning forward.
That's it for now, i hope this helped.
Keep it up !

Thanks
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Fenix » Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 pm

If you want to make a jump, i'd recommend to make him crouch a little to show anticipation before the jump. The longer the guy crouches the more he jumps. It also looked a little bit weird how there was no in-between the punch and the quick. Let the guy finish the punch before he goes and does a super duper kick :)
Courtesy?
FenixOffline
Active
Active

Re: Dostps' animations: Kick

Postby DostPs » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:30 pm

New animation: Kick

DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall