illogical's thread...

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

illogical's thread...

Postby illogical » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

Illogical's Thread...

Hey Guys! I'm Illogical, and I used to make some fighting animations, but I realised I had to start basic. [DUHH!]

My Run Loop, which is super crap.

here's ma walking loop!

I also made some backgrounds. Credits to LKbp animator.

Thank you!!!

Plz CC!!!
Last edited by illogical on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
It's not about the software you use, it's about the skills you use
Illogical, proud to be on darkdemon
illogicalOffline

Re: illogical's thread...

Postby yungdissy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 am

It looks like your main issue is the lack of feedback from movements/punches etc. The movements are smooth, but there's no real sense of easing or impact because of the way their limbs and torsos move. Look at it this way; if you punch someone in the face, their head will sharply move in the opposite direction of the punch and then snap back, but along with that change in momentum to the head, the body will also move and compensate for the loss of balance. A good example of the lack of gravity in this animation is the way your character lowers his leg at the end of the last kick. The rest of the body stays still but the leg moves in a static speed to the ground, where if that character were to do that in real life, he would fall forward slightly and catch himself. Just keep practicing, maybe watch some good fight choreography videos to get an idea about the easing and bouncing of people's limbs, torsos and heads and take mental notes about how each body part reacts to being hit.
yungdissyOffline

Re: illogical's thread...

Postby Blademaster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:07 am

Ah your animation is kinda stiff and lifeless. Idk maybe start with the basics, e.g. walking, running, jumping.

I also suggest to learn about easing & spacing.
Instead of animating a stickfigure you could start with moving a circle or just one arm of the stick.

Also, welcome to thedarkdemon.com, i hope you enjoy your stay and have some fun.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall