Godjah's Thread

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Godjah's Thread

Postby Godjah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello DarkDemon community! I've been interested in animating for years, using pivot on and off for about ten, but I never really got any where. Since I need a hobby I decided to look into animation a little bit more seriously. First of all I would like to be ranked. This is just a small animation i put together to test movement and 3D perspective in a pivot fight.
I'm sure this animation is beginner but I would appreciate tips and ideas so that I can progress!

Thanks Everyone!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an update test adding camera movement. more to come.
Last edited by Godjah on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GodjahOffline

Re: Godjah's Thread

Postby yungdissy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Pretty darn spiffy. Looks like you have a solid understanding of spacing and movement, but I think you should focus on trying to simulate gravity, and also work a little bit on your easing. The spacing could use a tiny bit of work as well, some of the movements like the first punch don't feel like they have a lot of weight to them (which is also attributed to the fact that the blue stick's pose had a backwards center of gravity.) Overall though, looking good. As for your rank, probably med-high beginner, leaning more to high. I recommend doing practice fights and acrobatics to practice movement in relation to gravity and the reactions of your characters. Check out the tutorial tab as well, lots and lots of useful stuff in there--and most importantly check out the high level animators' threads, intermediate and above. Try emulating the style they move their characters. Good job!
yungdissyOffline

Re: Godjah's Thread

Postby Godjah » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Hey thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to make some adjustments to my animation and try practice animations; I'll be posting them all within the week!
GodjahOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall