Rexog's Animations

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Rexog's Animations

Postby RexogtheMantis » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Welcome to my thread, enjoy your stay.
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoX42k ... subscriber

27/09/2017
Here are 3 scenes I made for a future project.

RexogtheMantisOffline

Re: Rexog's Animations

Postby elixir » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:06 pm

really nice stuff
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:57 am

Pretty cool stuff. I can see at least one major thing you can work on, and that is how impactful the movements are. That is to say, the lack of anticipation and many fundamental aspects of animation made things look—although smooth and all, which isn't really enough—more or less static in a way.

This is generally what you have going for right now: Only thing I'm able to see is smoothness. Sounds like a cat's moan.
Spoiler:

Now see what happens when you add some proper anticipation, tremors, and struggle to the movement. This sounds like a beast roar.
Spoiler:

From the few gifs here, that's the general thing. You're lacking in fundamentals—especially anticipation. I would advise you to go familiarize yourself with your infamous 12 principles of animation. With time I'm confident you'll improve, so just hang in there. I still enjoy the backgrounds that you've added which is always a nice touch.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby RexogtheMantis » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:22 am

Sifter wrote:Pretty cool stuff. I can see at least one major thing you can work on, and that is how impactful the movements are. That is to say, the lack of anticipation and many fundamental aspects of animation made things look—although smooth and all, which isn't really enough—more or less static in a way.

This is generally what you have going for right now: Only thing I'm able to see is smoothness. Sounds like a cat's moan.
Spoiler:

Now see what happens when you add some proper anticipation, tremors, and struggle to the movement. This sounds like a beast roar.
Spoiler:

From the few gifs here, that's the general thing. You're lacking in fundamentals—especially anticipation. I would advise you to go familiarize yourself with your infamous 12 principles of animation. With time I'm confident you'll improve, so just hang in there. I still enjoy the backgrounds that you've added which is always a nice touch.

I actually see what you mean, although I can only see a lack of antecipation in the third gif. I will fix it. Thanks for your criticism.
RexogtheMantisOffline

Postby AlpK » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:01 am

I was too hypnotized by the smoothness and beauty to realize how rough and beastly they should actually be. Sifter says it all. Also welcome, dude!
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby PG da boi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

Nice, your backgrounds, sticks and effects are pretty good
PG da boiOffline
Active
Active

Postby FrozenSoulHD » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Those are some nice dinosaurs :)