Vissy Can Animate! (sorta)

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Vissy Can Animate! (sorta)

Postby Vissy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 pm

This would be the place to look at my moving stickfigures! I'm not a great animator, probably worse than average, but I'm constantly looking to improve my stuff - and I think I've made some improvements. Look at my stuff below.

A try at a realistic soccer kick (tried to get the arm movement right, it could be snappier):

Spoiler:

An old walk cycle. It's pretty horrible, but I've never really gotten those right anyway.

Spoiler:
VissyOffline

Re: Vissy Can Animate! (sorta)

Postby Reseen13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Well, I mean. The walk cycle is a bit iffy, there is no head body and the back is pretty stiff looking, the arms move to fast as well. For the first one, it's too slow up that fps and add more frames and try to fix your foot placement, that makes an animation look way better. And if its a soccer kick, I would imagine it having more force than it has, maybe delete a few of the inbetweens during the kick to make it look faster. And his arm just kind of snaps into position, get some easing on that arm.
Reseen13Offline

Postby Pivot Gamer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:55 pm

i`ve seen some problems in the footing, try to use markers for the foots to make a good footing. your animations are a little shaky and need some easing in some parts. By the moment keep practicing and asking for cc.
Pivot GamerOffline
Active
Active

Postby cheddarjalapeno » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:28 pm

I like the walk really. The soccer kick needs a soccer ball obviously. Try 4 frames for the kick (with realistic buildup if thats what your going for) and focus on the swing of the arm about 40 percent for you and the rest is pose and itll all turn out! :)
cheddarjalapenoOffline

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall