Antonamsii - Rip, bbodd

Start your journey with Pivot here.

Moderator: Rank Team

What do you think about these animations ?

Funny
8%
Entertaining
24%
Creative
49%
Original
11%
Inspiring
5%
Deep
No votes
Other (with explaination in the thread, thanks)
3%

Total votes : 37

Re: Antonamsii - with poll

Postby Bullzeye » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:01 am

i would really like to tel u that ur first one is ur worst. even ur oldest is better than ur first[on the thred]
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Anton » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:34 am

I'd like to know how exactly it is worse. Give CC if you dare (scool
I admit : i cared a lot about ranks, when i started... but not anymore.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Kestril » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Yeah I don't know how you're not intermediate XD

I can't really see any flaws to comment on in your more recent animations.

But I did notice that all your animations have a great deal of creativity and are very entertaining to watch.
KestrilOffline

Postby Anton » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Kestril wrote:Yeah I don't know how you're not intermediate XD

I can't really see any flaws to comment on in your more recent animations.

I do know why, don't worry xD. I just have everything i need in theory.

I'm bored, btw ... I'll just ... CC myself, ok ?

The animation gets inconsistent througout the second part (when the BG gets purple), while the stickmen are in midair, their momentum paradoxes and their constant shakyness makes the thing unbearable to watch. And while we're at it, Red's smile is so lazy, i mean come on, can produce a way better face expression rather than copy Blue's and add two more lines.
The zoom thing was neat, but the yellow-grayish dude should has been zommed in more.
After Red's second teleportation, what is Blue doing ? Grabbing a piece of air and earn rotative momentum from it ?
For Red's final attack the hands are too snappy, maybe the movement could have exceeded a little before getting back to the goal position.
The pace is changing completely in the end, looks rushed (it is)

Overall, a lot of little details or just plain flaws make this anim improvable, but still entertaining to watch nevertheless.

I'll continue doing remakes of this every time i feel getting significantly better than the last remake until the anim is flawless (which i highly doubt of getting to that point)
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Raymond » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:14 am

Anton that is really something great. It reminds me of that one animator who went inactive awhile back. He made that one long animation with the default horse and he animated a lot, but was always stuck as a beginner and I think he still is. He was really good though, I just can't think of his name. Your styles have the similar wacky poses, but your animations are still fun to watch. I think if you want to improve you should spend more time on a few scenes. Your fighting is interesting, but some of the close ups where they don't move as much can be pretty static. Mainly in the scene where they're falling from the sky and you zoomed in on their faces. The way you had them move pretty fast and then suddenly stop and start shaking was kind of weird. The rest was great though, especially the beginning.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Coweetie » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:20 am

there should be a new rank called creative animators :D
you*re simpyl one of the few who animate their ideas, and animate them good to watch even though it has some mistakes in it. but you could get these out with a little practise in no time.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Anton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:00 am

Micro update. (effort has been made on the gunner only :3)
I don't have time for big projects but i want to animate so bad D:

The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Llama » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 am

I saw a random leg buckle right before the thick black stick asked "why?". Seemed off-putting, but I loved the flow of movement on the shooting stick.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Four » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Even though you didn't focus that much on the figure being shot it kinda lowers the quality of the animation. I really love your style man. Maybe with the smoke(?) effect you should have instead of just fading it made it grow smaller and add some more particles.
Courtesy.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Anton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Also, i've finished up that little thing that stayed in my folder for a pretty amount of time.

Swordie thingie

I think it's good enough for a thread update too.
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby SharpBeast » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Very nice movements there, especially stabbing attacks. Really good. I was surprised that sword didnt get out of screen, how did you find exact color that forum bg has? Anyways I loved it! Keep it up.
The dude who gets shot in the back..... is he bulletproof?
My Thread
I removed your signature because it was too big. You can use the same one, just shrink it or put it in a spoiler.
SharpBeastOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Anton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:41 am

To get the BG color, it's simple : printscreen and look in paint for the RVB values.

I had no particular idea about the dude who gets shot at. Let's just say he's not really a living thing.
Maybe i can draw from this a prequel telling why he's shooting him, and a sequel about what are the consequences.
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am

For the most part, your animation was pretty damn decent, I enjoyed watching it especially when the sword got off screen. That was a nice touch. Although, what I don't like about your animation is how abrupt the air stabs are considering how 'stop and go' they are. Actually, most sword hits are abrupt which might require you to learn more about flow because your lack of flow resulted in abruptness. Try to make your spacing at least 1px bigger during each transition and see how it goes. Never let any segment reach a full stop if you're going to transition to another move. That added to easing since easing and flow are like egg and bacon. Without easing, flow won't be as good. I know you're trying to make you movement powerful like that, but balancing out the abruptness and smoothness may result in a smooth power; The second half of your animation where the vertical stab and animal jumping thingie happened was actually smooth when the opposite should have happened: As I said earlier, balancing out the abruptness and smoothness will work wonders. The vertical stab should have been more powerful. I have made this animation to clarify what i have said. May not be the best example considering it's rushed, but I think it serves the purpose. http://www.pivotanimation.org/files/use ... 453393.piv
Same goes for the jump because unless there is no gravity at all, the jump should have been faster as well.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Amir » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:31 am

I think it flowed pretty fine and I like that 'stop and go', I don't think it makes the quality lower, it's just a different style.
Very nice animation Anton.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Extra » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:14 am

I dunno Sifter, I think the stop and go sword stabs and slashes really add to it.
I think it looks awesome.
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Beginners Hall