OmegaBERT-revenge

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

OmegaBERT-revenge

Postby Rimidalv » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:53 am

Part 1
Spoiler:
Last edited by Rimidalv on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Re: OmegaWu vs Omegabert

Postby Lord » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:25 am

If Omegabert is the blue guy, I think this should be renamed 'Omegawu kicks Omegaberts ass'. That would be more fitting.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: Omegawu kicks Omegaberts ass

Postby Cressel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

If you would've added cracks at the end it would have been 10/10. I love the animation, Bert's face is pretty expressive even though you just gave him eyes.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Gage » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Why is this in intermediate section?

Not to sound rood but this is obviously beginner, you gotta work on smoothing out your movements, this animation is really stiff
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Gary » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 pm

He won BBoDDC. The winner got Intermediate and VIP. His other anims also showed that he was intermediate, but this was intermediate as well. He's probably just rusty.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mat » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 pm

That fight was way too one-sided to be a quick vs omega Bert battle. And the quality of the animation was fairly low. I personally think you should have kept it in freestyle. This wasn't intermediate quality to be honest. But then again there are other animations in this section that shouldn't be as well. Fuck it.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Effects are pretty simple, not very good also. I like the animation style and the jump, but it's beginner, good luck with breaking your rust!
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby The Black Mamba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Lol, I love how everyone's rusty. Well, it wasn't very long so there isn't much to say. I like the camera angles you tried to incorporate but maybe you should hold off on that stuff till you break your rust. Little bit of a one sided fight and your movements weren't as eased and didn't flow together as they should. It doesn't matter cause you'll be back to your former glory in no time man, keep it up.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Jojishi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm going to have to lock this anyway since it isn't in your thread. Put this in your thread and don't make another topic in this section.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Raymond » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Jojishi wrote:I'm going to have to lock this anyway since it isn't in your thread. Put this in your thread and don't make another topic in this section.

This is the first animation thread he has made here. I'm not sure if you didn't realize that or not, but I'll unlock it. Keep an eye out for that next time Jojishi.

I really liked this animation. I don't think it meets up to your usual standards, but I like the cinematic feel you gave it. One scene that stands out to me is the one where bert is laying on the ground and wu is dashing through the air towards him. The way you had the camera panning made it feel really dynamic. As Cressel said, adding cracks to the ground would of been a nice final touch, but either way keep up the good work dude.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Jojishi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Raymond wrote:
Jojishi wrote:I'm going to have to lock this anyway since it isn't in your thread. Put this in your thread and don't make another topic in this section.

This is the first animation thread he has made here. I'm not sure if you didn't realize that or not, but I'll unlock it. Keep an eye out for that next time Jojishi.

My bad. That was a huge mistake I just made. I thought he was RetiredBats. They both have extremely similar styles and an "R" at the beginning of their names. Oh well... Sorry about that Rimidalv.

Anyway, I commented on the animation in the free-style thread. I thought it was really good and it's nice that it has an ending to it now. It probably could have had more movement to it, but I liked the slow motion and the power displayed. It's slightly rusty looking but I'm sure that will wear off.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Rimidalv » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 am

No worries joji ^_^
And speaking of ending, omegabert will have his revenge soon.
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Re: OmegaBERT-revenge

Postby Rimidalv » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Here's part 2
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Postby Lord » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Did Omegabert just pinch Omegawu's ass after he got up from the ground?! :)
Also, the gunshot from Omegabert was fiiiiiiiine, can't say the same for the smoke though.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Anton » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 pm

I can't really tell why i don't like Omegabert's combo before shooting with his arm-cannon, but it is still VERY good.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area