[Koolcid's Thread] - First Intermediate Animation! :)

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Is koolcid a bad animator?

Yes
7%
Yes
No votes
Yes
20%
Yes
No votes
Yes
7%
Yes
No votes
Yes
No votes
Yes
No votes
Kinda
7%
No
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: [Koolcid's Thread]-I think I'm Gettin the Hang of Acroba

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:33 am

The Specter wrote:
Jon wrote:
The Specter wrote:So? You should try to make it your own. Anyway congrats on the inters, pretty deserved. Develop your own style though, now that your an inter.

Let him do what he wants. If his style is similar to Wrays, who cares? Echo's is the same as Krustaliens.

Echo's is similar but more loose bouncy and less 'realistic' in general. This animation was a carbon copy. He doesn't have to take my advice. He definitely won't. I'm just saying that it could be beneficial in the future to not depend of Wraybies style. (This is all just assuming he continues to animate exclusively like this). Sorry for posting a response, wont do it again. Once again congrats on the move up

You're free to express your opinion. But this doesn't look exactly like Wray's style. I've animated a bit with Wray, spoke to him a lot, and been following his animations since he first came back, and Wray has this knack for really giving a whole lot of build up to his moves, which Koolcid hasn't done. The transition between the moves is way different to how Wray would do it. It's definitely a generic style, I'll give you that, but I wouldn't say this is even close to being a carbon copy of Wray's style.

Also remember it's never one animation that get's you a move up, we've said this for ages, and this is why intermediate attempts aren't necessary, overall, I'd say Koolcid's style follows more along the lines of Kody (Nice Pants)'s style, particularly the two acrobatics animations prior to the newest update.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Caleb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:01 pm

If I look at both animations I can clearly tell they're not by the same animator. Koolcid spaces entirely different. It's clear he's inspired, but definitely not a copycat.
^Click it for a free animation lesson^
Animation thread (last updated: World war I)
CalebOffline
Forgotten entity
Forgotten entity

Postby The Specter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:05 pm

I guess you guys are right and I'm not denying hes an intermediate. Im just saying that this one particular animation wasnt really close to his normal style and might have been a little too heavily lifted from another animation. E: Especially because it was a tutorial so Wray pretty much animated it for him anyway.

His
Spoiler:

Wray's
Spoiler:
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Mori » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Frikin copied
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Koolcid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Elite44 wrote:Frikin copied

What the fuck are you talking about?

Wray told me to make a fucking acrobatic combo based off his animation as practice so I can learn the spacing and the movements since he was mentoring me I even said that this was meant to be a test animation and nothing serious.

You're really starting to piss me off Elite, why don't you get the fuck off my thread.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Mat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Yeah ok.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Grams » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:54 pm

Mat wrote:

Yeah ok.

lelzx2

And since I don't want to just shitpost, lookin' smooth as a whistle Koolcid.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Yogurt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 pm

god damnit darkdemon
"And she walked in a third time and she was just fingering his ass shes such a fucking genki girl."
-Mitch
YogurtOffline
reitred staff
reitred staff

Postby Cheese » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:58 pm

I mean, congrats and all, but if its acrobatics thats getting people to intermediate, I'll just go ahead and permanently take the title of best beginner
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Re: [Koolcid's Thread] - First Intermediate Animation! :)

Postby Koolcid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:51 pm

Update everyone! :)
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Lucas » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 pm

This animation is pretty much exactly the middle/ending of the animation that "got" you intermediate. I mean, I know you have the skills, but you gotta variate your animations. Not speaking of creativity, the animation was overall well animated, besides the last jump. I don't really know how to explain this but the stickfigure suddently got an impulse that was physically impossible. But I really don't know if its just my eyes, I'm really tired today xD

You have the skills man, just gotta find a better and more creative use of them, and no I'm not telling you to stop doing movement-only animations, but different movements and more variability.

IMO.

Keep it up XD
LucasOffline
Active
Active

Postby Koolcid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Lucas wrote:This animation is pretty much exactly the middle/ending of the animation that "got" you intermediate. I mean, I know you have the skills, but you gotta variate your animations. Not speaking of creativity, the animation was overall well animated, besides the last jump. I don't really know how to explain this but the stickfigure suddently got an impulse that was physically impossible. But I really don't know if its just my eyes, I'm really tired today xD

You have the skills man, just gotta find a better and more creative use of them, and no I'm not telling you to stop doing movement-only animations, but different movements and more variability.

IMO.

Keep it up XD

I'm pretty much working on perfecting acrobatic movements. I want to be able to animate absolutely anything I want. So I am working on acrobatics for now until I can easily animate them perfectly. Probably going to make a couple more acrobatic animations then move on to something else. :)
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby Lucas » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:16 pm

Koolcid wrote:
Lucas wrote:This animation is pretty much exactly the middle/ending of the animation that "got" you intermediate. I mean, I know you have the skills, but you gotta variate your animations. Not speaking of creativity, the animation was overall well animated, besides the last jump. I don't really know how to explain this but the stickfigure suddently got an impulse that was physically impossible. But I really don't know if its just my eyes, I'm really tired today xD

IMO.

Keep it up XD

I'm pretty much working on perfecting acrobatic movements. I want to be able to animate absolutely anything I want. So I am working on acrobatics for now until I can easily animate them perfectly. Probably going to make a couple more acrobatic animations then move on to something else. :)

Good luck then, I hope your plan works and you animate a lot of cool stuff XD
LucasOffline
Active
Active

Postby Koolcid » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Once I feel like I got everything from movements, acrobatics, weapons, 3-D, parkour. And all that down pat. I'm going to make one big animation with all of that.
KoolcidOffline
Matorator
Matorator

Postby The Specter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 pm

I think what lucas was getting at is that it could have looked a little more realistic if the second backhandspring was faster than the first. Which would show the buildup of power that would allow for such a high jump. Also I would have liked to see a different position in the air. Like layed out or something. Just some things to think about for your next anim. I can't wait for your giant animation and see how everything meshes together.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area