[Kuro] Kuro vs Firecracker

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Rank?

Low Inter
No votes
Med Inter
39%
High Inter
18%
Veteran
43%

Total votes : 28

Re: [Kuro] Senzo Style (Attemp)

Postby -Y- » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Update. :D
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby elixir » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:28 pm

looks very nice man
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Jack » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:50 pm

It doesn't quite feel right that his head goes back and his feet go forward, since there's no force directed at his feet.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby Cressel » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Yeah like Jack said the way he falls feels wrong, there's no reason for his legs to go forward like that.
Also the punching feels really weak, the stance is just bad, and without solid grounding the arm flailing isn't enough to give that strong impact. Ground positioning is really important to punching.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm

I think it'd be better if you were to move the stick's torso and back leg instead of making him be still. He doesnt have to walk as he hits but some small movement in the direction of the force would've been nice. (For example, he punches and then takes a small step forward).
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Re: [Kuro] More Combos

Postby -Y- » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Update (new)
- (alñdkasdk).
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby SIFTER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:33 pm

I don't know what to say. Your combos seems almost perfect to me as they're well chained and everything, the combo with the black and grey stickfigures lacks power in the black figure's hits. It seems as though you haven't given the kick enough anticipation nor the poses allowed any of it. What I would do to fix it is to use the same amount of frames but tweak the poses a little bit so as to give the leg enough room to wind up for a powerful enough kick. Basically give it some extra range, if it makes sense. It should be useful to make the spacing heavier as well. Same thing kinda goes for the rest of the combo, and the rest would be just nitpicking. It's good.

The one with the orange stickfigure, if I saw it on the anonymous section, I wouldn't have helped but think it was Firecracker's for how similar it is in terms of style. Though, I would change the last keypose to something like this, for example:
Seems like you were struggling with finding a way to transition to that upper cut without breaking your arc or spacing in general. To avoid this situation, try not to think so much about your arcs and just create your keypose th way you want it to be the add inbetweens. That will clarify it for you. Last pose is importat because it adds to the overall appeal of the whole animation, so pay attention to it next time. It's still neat to see you finishing the movements to the very end which is something many tend not to do, so kudos to you for that.

Over all, your combos are so good, now I would suggest you move to something else. Try to explore new things. Keep it up.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Blademaster » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:58 am

Nice feedback^

The orange Combo was veteran level. Your awesome man!

Now that you developed a certain and great style I'd like to hell you to get veteran vor even elite. I think you're ready for it.

I'd suggest to make this step by step.

- what do you need?

->. good length. I'd say you try to go for around +300 frames. Be patient and take your time. Don't rush and enjoy it :)

How to reach a high number of frames

Just follow these short advices.

You need:
Story
- this can be anything in your favor, maybe like an epic battle between 2 or multiple characters to show off your nice animation style.
Think about something fun and what gives you a good feeling ^^.

Try to make a storyboard and think about some cool angles to make it more exciting. Don't worry it doesn't have to be exactly like that. You will come up with cool ideas while animating, I am sure. :)
It's up to you how detailed your backgrounds are. Sometimes it's easier to keep it simple and use some nice camera movement.

Movements
- You already got them and are improving in a crazy speed. Just write down some cool combo chains and make use of the background
Have fun.

Effects
- I think you know how to make them. Don't overdo and keep them clean.

And I guess that's almost everything.

If you have any questions or want some feedback feel free ask me ^^
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Raymond » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:11 am

Both of those combos are so cool to watch. Especially the animation with the orange stick figure. That one in particular stands out because of how agile he is. He's constantly bouncing around almost as if he's walking on air. If you watch a MMA fight you'll notice some fighters actually do this. It gets their blood pumping and just makes it easier for them to get into position for counter attacks.

Think about it this way, if you're already moving around, it takes less effort to re-position yourself because rather than using more energy to generate momentum, you can just transfer the momentum that you already generated from moving around.

I can't really think of anything you should work on. Even if there were some minor flaws which I'm not seeing, in a longer animation no one would notice them. I know you made a really long DBZ animation. I was really impressed with that. It made me feel somewhat nostalgic since DBZ animations are what got me into pivot in the first place and it was animations like yours that inspired me. If you posted it on your thread I've got a feeling you would be moved up. Also if you made something longer, using the movements you displayed in these last two animations, and put in the same amount of effort as your DBZ animation (adding some simple backgrounds and effects) you might even have a shot at getting Elite.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Re: [Kuro] Fight Fail

Postby -Y- » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:34 pm

:c nice fail
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Lord » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:25 am

This looks real nice, something just went wrong at the end. You should fix it, don't give up on it. :p
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Blademaster » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 am

what lord said.
It's not failed at all. These movements + reactions were super b.
Great work ^^
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Carl » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:57 pm

This is beautiful
CarlOffline
Active
Active

Re: [Kuro] Black Vs Red

Postby -Y- » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:16 am

Update!
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Re: [Kuro] Black Vs Red

Postby Alexis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:09 am

woah dude! its like with each animation you get better and better! not to mention that you also crank these up almost every other week! your amazing dude keep going.
Don't Start.
AlexisOffline
pretty fuckin' dead
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area