[Kuro] Kuro vs Firecracker

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Rank?

Low Inter
No votes
Med Inter
39%
High Inter
18%
Veteran
43%

Total votes : 28

Re: [Kuro] Black Vs Red

Postby Blademaster » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 am

Kuro wrote:Update!
UnusAngelusAlatum wrote:woah dude! its like with each animation you get better and better! not to mention that you also crank these up almost every other week! your amazing dude keep going.

What he said.
The newest was just brilliant.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Euclid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 am

JEEEEEEEEEEZUS FUCK
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby XElite109 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

This shit looks amazing. god the punches have so much power the movements are so smooth and feel so natural and the reactions to the punches pretty realistic. what really bothers me though is the heads placement it really looks odd how he looks like his neck is always sticking up and just doesn't make much sense. fix that and this thing will be perfect.
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Extra » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:31 pm

your newest is so nice, it inspires me to animate
nice man
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Ussay » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:03 pm

Bro, it's a good thing to see how you improve with each new animation you post, I really love this style you're developing, and I hope you keep going! But as I always say, I'd love to see a nice, full and complex project from you, would be the thing.
(heart
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Re: [Kuro] Some Old Shorts+Prew (Red Vs Blue)

Postby -Y- » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:16 pm

Thanks guys
:D
Red vs Blue 16/04/16
Update in first page.
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby XElite109 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:17 pm

There's a few weird looking blocks by the red guy in this one. I love the weight behind the punches but the transition of the blue guy to doing that flip on what I think is a post just wasn't long enough especially after getting clocks in the head. If you made him try to catch his breath there and regain stability then try moonsaulting. The moonsault as feels a bit half assed with little to no intent of hitting the red guy. I personally really hate that flip cause it ruins the feel of the animation. Anyway keep it up, I hope to see more.
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Cheese » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Wow.
You've been getting really good recently, I especially love that one on the grid with the black and red fighting. These are all really great and you're getting good pretty fast. Sometimes I wish I could animate like you, but I always remember I've got my own known style too.
Really great work you're doin bud.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Re: [Kuro] Nice Update :v

Postby -Y- » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:38 am

Mini-Update
add goku vs turles :v
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Re: [Kuro] Nice Update :v

Postby Lithium » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 pm

Amazing animations. You have a way with fighting. The style Shadows firecracker's, similar poses and spacing. Hopefully your thread will slither it's way into the veteran section in due time. Looking forward to your upcoming work, hopefully you release something in the near future so we can see.
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: [Kuro] Kuro vs Firecracker

Postby -Y- » Sat May 21, 2016 12:07 am

Okey...update guys.
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby elixir » Sat May 21, 2016 1:27 am

holy shit that was amazing
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon May 23, 2016 5:42 am

What can I say Kuro? That was absolutely incredible. You've made quite the entertaining animation here and it's of a decent length.

The combos are great and I can see your style starting to develop now. In particular, the close up scene with the blocking and counter-attacks where the spacing was slowed down a bit. Things flowed very well here. The effects in the animation weren't anything super mind-blowing but they were used well and got the job done. I liked the dust effect that I think you made, but it would have been nice to see different dust sticks instead of the same one being used. The background was good; nothing super detailed but added to the ankmation's quality.

What's holding it back in my opinion is a lack of 3D of any kind. If you don't need to have it in the fight scenes, that's fine, but changing the perspective up can keep the animation feeling fresh. You could have added a scene at the start with a 45 degree angles run of the orange guy running to the cliff. Just a few 3D angles to mix things up, nothing too crazy.

There was also one part I felt was rushed. When the blue guy is sent backwards, recovers and then flys forward, the dust effect you used here was the same as the other parts but scaled up massively. In this case it would have looked a lot better to make a new one since it was obvious it was scaled up a lot. For a big dust cloud it also faded too fast.

That was about all I could criticise, although some movements did feel off. I'm not sure if it was just awkward poses or something was sketchy with the spacing, but some movements just didn't look as high quality or polished as lots of the combos were. In your short animations your movements have been great, so I'm not sure what's happened here. It was only a few scenes so it can be forgiven.

In my opinion you should still get moved up to Veteran. The movements you've shown in your animations have been fantastic and while they were sketchy at times in this animation that shouldn't be enough to hold you back since most of it was good. You've shown that you can do an animation with length to it, effects and backgrounds so you've demonstrated that you can commit yourself (although I didn't doubt this with your DBZ animation).

If I'm completely honest though I think you could benefit from extra time as an Intermediate to really hone down your style and maybe make something else that's more polished and less rushed looking in areas. It looks like you've been just starting to come into your own the past month or so as opposed to imitating another style. I think you've got just enough to be Veteran but it's up to other staff members whether you get there. You should be proud you made such an entertaining animation anyway. Always have fun and do your best. :)

P.S: I hope my comment doesn't discourage you from animating. I know I was vague on the movements for example. With those I think you just need to plan it out a little bit more and not rush through things (I apologise if you didn't actually rush, but it felt like you did at times for some reason). I also think you're a fantastic animator so even if this was an attempt for Veteran, I hope you don't get discouraged if you don't get Veteran. Hopefully my comment helped even if it was only a little. I put it off for a few days, but decided I absolutely had to post something when you only got a one line comment. I know you tried on this one and want honest cc. Anyway, best wishes dude.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby -Y- » Thu May 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for the cc Jojishi, I'm glad to have your sincerity. I guess not even get a veteran , so we 'll see with that surprise.

PS: Thanks for the RANKTEAM by always be present,Thanks to his advice I'm getting much better.
just kidding , Fucking lazys.
-Y-Offline
Regular
Regular

Postby Blademaster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Locked on request.
Inform someone of the staff to unlock it, kuro.
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Previous

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area