Kicks and FPS change

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Kicks and FPS change

Postby socks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Kicks and stuff, yo.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Stickly » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:02 am

Veteran.
My Animation Thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4795
SticklyOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Horsie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:56 pm

so fucking awesome
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Technical » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Stripes, that reminds me of an animation by Wrabies. I think he was doing a joint with someone.
TechnicalOffline

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:15 pm

That was very smooth and wow man it's fucking awesome, vets!
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Jojishi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 pm

That was very, very good. The 3D was animated extremely well and the spacing in it was great. There was some nice momentum and the spins looked awesome. The stick-figure even has pants which is a nice touch.

I like it a lot. Definitely the highest quality animation I've seen come from an Intermediate in months.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby socks » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:19 am

Jojishi wrote:That was very, very good. The 3D was animated extremely well and the spacing in it was great. There was some nice momentum and the spins looked awesome. The stick-figure even has pants which is a nice touch.

Amir wrote:That was very smooth and wow man it's fucking awesome, vets!

Stickly wrote:Veteran.

MiCh wrote:so fucking awesome

Aww Jeez guys, thanks. It was just a little goof around, I'll try and make something more appealing soon!
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:33 am

Stripes wrote:
A bunch of people wrote:Compliments compliments compliments

Aww Jeez guys, thanks. It was just a little goof around, I'll try and make something more appealing soon!

Woah man, if that was a little goof around then I can't wait to see something you put effort into. Great work Stripes (thumbsup
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby The Black Mamba » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:03 pm

I love the spacing you apply to your animations, it always looks nice man. This animations reminded me a lot of Wray and NP's unfinished joint, don't know if you drew inspiration from that animation but you nailed the movements man. There isn't much more to say, you have a good understanding of gravity, weight (physics in general). The only problems I saw were some of the poses and the rotation axis. In the beginning, the first kick shouldn't have been executed the way it was. He barely had balance but was still able to push himself forward and generate enough momentum to kick, his back foot was too far behind his body. It should have been planted somewhere near the center of the body to keep balance. In that situation, someone would normally fall forward and plant their front foot to regain balance then execute the kick. You might of been able to pull it off if you didn't slow him down when in that pose. As for the rotation axis, you seemed to rotate his torso one too many times when doing some of the jumps and kicks. I also don't agree with the constant limb re-sizing, but I guess that's become common within many people's styles. I still really liked this though, can't wait for more stuff from you.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby -▲- » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Amazing! this kicks look like flash!
-▲-Offline
Professional
Professional

Postby The Specter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:35 pm

I think I might be the only one here who thought some of your older stuff looked better. Everything just looked a little too floaty. The second half is pretty much exactly the same as the first half and, TBM said you had a great understanding of gravity and weight but it looked like he didn't even jump on the second jump and he went pretty high and stayed there for quite a long time. It was a very smooth animation and it wasn't bad, I just dont really see it being vets.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby socks » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 pm

The Specter wrote:I think I might be the only one here who thought some of your older stuff looked better. Everything just looked a little too floaty. The second half is pretty much exactly the same as the first half and, TBM said you had a great understanding of gravity and weight but it looked like he didn't even jump on the second jump and he went pretty high and stayed there for quite a long time. It was a very smooth animation and it wasn't bad, I just dont really see it being vets.

Yeah, I don't think it's vets. And it does seem a tad bit floaty at some areas.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Cressel » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Really nice job, the smoothness of it was really appealing. Although I'm not fond of the limb resizing, it feels random and out of place, as in it is not really doing 3D but just resizing to keep the animation smooth. Other than that Mamba already spoke it out, it feels out of balance a lot of the time.

I'm really liking the detail on the stickman as well, the pants are a nice touch.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Previous

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area