Tryna make it out the intermediate hood...

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Tryna make it out the intermediate hood...

Postby Chris » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:50 pm

NEW

-I can't afford to get rusty-
Tell me what you think

Deception GIF PIV

Swordsman GIF PIV

Short Combo (GIF not needed) PIV

Memphis Tribute GIF PIV

Dark Fight GIF PIV
Oh, this one will be continued for sure ;)

My thread is a series of unfinished projects and shorts. Give me a quick PM if you really really want me to continue something, and i'll make time to do it. Also check me out on the Dojo, I know I haven't been putting much there but I soon will as i'm getting the newest version of flash. The one I have now lags so much...

My Dojo Profile
Last edited by Chris on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Re: 7Th's Thread

Postby Cheese » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Waiting to see more of deception to see where it's going, but I really like that swordsman one, its real smooth.
Not sure how I feel about dark fight, but I'll wait for more on that one too.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:08 am

These all look great so far. Good to see some new animations from you. I haven't seen anything new from you in a while, and now I can see why.

Dark Fight looks awesome. Movements look fantastic, the effects are great and I love that glow around the main character's head. The entire animation has a certain atmosphere to it that I like a lot. The jump movement at the start had great anticipation and the 3D on the leg looked good when the character was in the air. The entire pose had a lot of power to it.

The blades of grass that went into the air looked good, however, when the jump created that huge crater I would have expected to see some debris flying from the crater. A few rocks and particles there would have looked great.

Memphis tribute looks like it's coming along well. The fast cuts between each shot keep an action feel in the animation. I think the screen with the "Go! Go!" text could last a bit longer, maybe somewhere around 5-10 frames. I like the close ups and blurs.

Short combo was ok. I thought the punches were animated well and it was cool that you attempted the 3D. On frame 27 it would have looked better to make the back lower-leg bend the other way. I just edited it then and it made the stick-man actually look like he rotated, whereas before I knew his body was rotating but it didn't feel like it was. I thought the effect at frame 49 looked cheap. I can see why you did it though. It does add more power to have a flashy sort of effect, but it can only compensate so much for the lack of power. If you had some anticipation by showing the character throw their arms back and lean forward, then throw their arms up and jump it would have loads more power.

Your file with the slight edits I made.

So keep in mind that having anticipation gives a lot of power to a movement depending on how much you have, how much the spacing speeds up in the attack movement. A good example is the Dark Fight animation where you show anticipation before the jump. As a result it's much more powerful.

Swordsman has a great zoom in movement and I love the camera angle of the sword. I really, really liked that one.

Deception has an interesting background and the movements look good. I like the colour scheme a lot.

I hope you find this advice helpful. I really like what you're working on right now. I think it's great that you're animating these projects. They're all showing a lot of promise and it's awesome to see more animations from you. I think your style is amazing. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 am

Thank you Jojishi that advice really helped, i'm going to definately use some of those tips
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Lord » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:57 am

Nice animations so far 7th, keep them going. ;)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Aron » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Dayum, dude.
Continue the Dark Fight, man. It was sick, and it reminded me of Limbo.

Courtesy?
AronOffline
back, bitches
back, bitches

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Aron wrote:Dayum, dude.
Continue the Dark Fight, man. It was sick, and it reminded me of Limbo.

Courtesy?

I was about to make a Limbo animation out of it, but then I thought about the flash ghost fight, and I decided to make a hybrid of the two.

BTW welcome to the forums man, I'm glad you found that particular animation interesting and I hope you enjoy your stay here. (thumbsup
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Mori » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:27 am

Those anims are really awesome, I wish you'd make a limbo animation.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby socks » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:23 pm

If you finish any one of these i'll be happy.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Cressel » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:50 am

The projects look great, the top two have a great cinematic feel going on although the camera stops for a moment on Deception which looks weird. Some movements look weird on the Swordman animation, the punch specifically although it could be cause it's unfinished.

Looking forward seeing you finish any of these.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Update with some more poo
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby tuna » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:47 am

very nice man, very clean spacing.power was demonstrated nicely. wasn't sure about the kicks at the end, the poses seemed a little infeasible. nice work, glad to see that you're back
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby RetiredBATS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 am

Looks good the only thing i noticed is the feeling that he`s performing in water or just has no weight. Other than that looks good.
RetiredBATSOffline
TryNotToWetYourself
TryNotToWetYourself

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area