~Sasuke's Thread [HUGE Update]

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: ~Sasuke's Thread

Postby ~Sasuke » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Mothaf*ckin update:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Enjoy, cc etc.

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

SWDBZC2: 1674 Frames

Keoy Joint: 65 Frames
~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:17 am

Move this man to intermediate!

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Mat » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 am

What is this blasphemy?!
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Cressel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 am

Alright so here I go, Imma start with this one animation:
http://a.pomf.se/isdbzb.gif
The beginning was good, the subtle camera movement works, but (this is complete personal opinion) I think camera movements are meant to better follow the sticks movement to avoid doing many scene changes. So I find the camera movement you added even though appealing, pointles because the sticks instantly went offscreen.

Now movement-wise,There was a really sudden increase in speed for Grace when she started running, It did throw me off because of how slow the first step. Nleasted's fighting stance was nailed but then in the idle animation i see shakiness at some point, mostly noticeable on the legs. I know idle animations are hard but you changed direction too quick so it looks like it shakes more than an idle animation to me. Idle animations don't work with camera movements too well either because of how subtle they're supposed to be, thanks to the camera movement you wouldnt notice them and if you do then it's awkward like it was in this animation.
What bothers the most of that animation is the backflip though, Grace comes in running, slows down, and then does the backflip. Her slowing down completely killed the momentum, then there's the sudden increase for the backflip, she didn't even jump or anything to get any vertical impulse. The buildup is too subtle and it looks like she just spin in place to me, I dunno it just looks straight up off.
The way you animated it also makes it look like she stomped on his face more than kicked him during the backflip. Dunno if it was intentional, but if it was then a stomp would've killed momentum and not let her do a backflip.
the reaction was fine and the blood was a nice detail.
The rest was alright, I'm unsure if the push needed that double framing since it makes it look like it was a punch instead.

http://a.pomf.se/vcadzx.gif
This was alright, the buildup was weak imo. The pose choice before the flip was pretty bad as well. He starts with his feet separate midair as if he was running, but then he closes them before landing, it just looks weird. Like yeah before doing a frontflip you put your feet together for the jump but the positioning is really different. The landing was really weird too, he has most of his body inclined back instead of a steady baalnced position and although the momentum was going forward i think the bounce from landing wouldve thrown him out of balance.

http://a.pomf.se/cighsv.gif
Extra is love, I just don't like the arm flailing, the rest is great.

http://a.pomf.se/chjzms.gif
I have no idea if that's actually possible to do but it looks neat. The throw seems too slow compared to how high that thing goes and how fast it spins. Him bending his knees to throw just looks weird to me as well because of how weak the throw is.

Really nice job overall. Your basics are pretty good regarding the common easing/stiffness/you know the drill, so you're close to intermediate alright. I feel that you still lack for it though because of how awkward your poses and movement choices are. Keep it up.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby ~Sasuke » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 am

Cressel wrote:Alright so here I go, Imma start with this one animation:
http://a.pomf.se/isdbzb.gif
The beginning was good, the subtle camera movement works, but (this is complete personal opinion) I think camera movements are meant to better follow the sticks movement to avoid doing many scene changes. So I find the camera movement you added even though appealing, pointles because the sticks instantly went offscreen.

Now movement-wise,There was a really sudden increase in speed for Grace when she started running, It did throw me off because of how slow the first step. Nleasted's fighting stance was nailed but then in the idle animation i see shakiness at some point, mostly noticeable on the legs. I know idle animations are hard but you changed direction too quick so it looks like it shakes more than an idle animation to me. Idle animations don't work with camera movements too well either because of how subtle they're supposed to be, thanks to the camera movement you wouldnt notice them and if you do then it's awkward like it was in this animation.
What bothers the most of that animation is the backflip though, Grace comes in running, slows down, and then does the backflip. Her slowing down completely killed the momentum, then there's the sudden increase for the backflip, she didn't even jump or anything to get any vertical impulse. The buildup is too subtle and it looks like she just spin in place to me, I dunno it just looks straight up off.
The way you animated it also makes it look like she stomped on his face more than kicked him during the backflip. Dunno if it was intentional, but if it was then a stomp would've killed momentum and not let her do a backflip.
the reaction was fine and the blood was a nice detail.
The rest was alright, I'm unsure if the push needed that double framing since it makes it look like it was a punch instead.

http://a.pomf.se/vcadzx.gif
This was alright, the buildup was weak imo. The pose choice before the flip was pretty bad as well. He starts with his feet separate midair as if he was running, but then he closes them before landing, it just looks weird. Like yeah before doing a frontflip you put your feet together for the jump but the positioning is really different. The landing was really weird too, he has most of his body inclined back instead of a steady baalnced position and although the momentum was going forward i think the bounce from landing wouldve thrown him out of balance.

http://a.pomf.se/cighsv.gif
Extra is love, I just don't like the arm flailing, the rest is great.

http://a.pomf.se/chjzms.gif
I have no idea if that's actually possible to do but it looks neat. The throw seems too slow compared to how high that thing goes and how fast it spins. Him bending his knees to throw just looks weird to me as well because of how weak the throw is.

Really nice job overall. Your basics are pretty good regarding the common easing/stiffness/you know the drill, so you're close to intermediate alright. I feel that you still lack for it though because of how awkward your poses and movement choices are. Keep it up.

Thanks for the CC Cress. I did see all the problems you pointed out, and with so many in the dojo one I guess I'm picking 2 new characters and starting over. And it's pretty hard to fix something like this when there's a circular camera movement. As for the last one you mentioned, not a lot of people know how it works, but no one has also ever tried to animate it. It's called a Kendama, a Japanese skill toy or whatever. You can read up on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendama And here you can watch a video to see that indeed it does require for you to bend your knees in order to get the air time with the ball so you can flip the handle. http://youtu.be/Gk5gI04w5pI?t=1m37s

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Cressel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Okay so the problem is that you added an arm movement along with the momentum from standing up for the throw. The momentum of standing up sends the ball up while your hand movement causes the flip. It didn't transition well onto your animation.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby ~Sasuke » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:18 am

Didn't expect to see me here again, did ya? nevertheless, here's an animation I've been tinkering with, enjoy:

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Raymond » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am

The movements are really smooth. I feel like I've seen the floor used in someone elses animation, but it looks nice in yours. It's somewhat nostalgic seeing the name Grace. I remember she used to share her animations on WTFteam, but I haven't heard from her in years. It's good to see you back though, I hope you animate more.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby STYRX » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:27 am

Pomf.se shut down
I didnt get to see them old anims T^T
STYRXOffline
Active
Active

Postby Cheese » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:52 am

~Sasuke wrote:Didn't expect to see me here again, did ya? nevertheless, here's an animation I've been tinkering with, enjoy:
Spoiler:

man does everybody just use the same base for their sigs or why is everybody so short
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby ~Sasuke » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Update on first page >:D tons of anims

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Re: ~Sasuke's Thread [HUGE Update]

Postby Raymond » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:09 am

All of the new ones look really nice. This one is my favorite though. The movements in Acrobatics look good, the dimensions could be a little wider so he has more room to trick, but it's still nice to look at. I'm guessing you will get intermediate soon.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby ~Sasuke » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Raymond wrote:All of the new ones look really nice. This one is my favorite though. The movements in Acrobatics look good, the dimensions could be a little wider so he has more room to trick, but it's still nice to look at. I'm guessing you will get intermediate soon.

Thanks Ray, yeah I wasn't sure on the dimensions really so I sorta had to guess xD

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Postby ~Sasuke » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:49 am

Update on first page labeled "NEWEST"

Namsayin?

Spoiler:
Current Projects:

~SasukeOffline
Active
Active

Postby Setto » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:32 am

That first animation looked really good, the movements were good and you didnt make a shit background like I always do :P
ShadowLith: 450 frames
Katana guy vs big sword dude: 84 frames
pyro vs setto: i think its like 890 frames or something idfk
SettoOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area