LordPivot's Thread - Stalactitious - Fallen

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: LordPivot's Thread (World of Tanks Test Animation)

Postby Lord » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 am

No, I haven't played that game.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Thread (World of Tanks Test Animation)

Postby RetiredBATS » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 am

Hey man, pretty entertaining thread there!

Ok here is my opinion about your ffa animation

I really enjoyed your ideas. They are creative and interesting to watch. However, I really think you should study simple backgrounds. By that i mean that in your animations backgrounds look ugly from time to time (some of them are ok). Dont get me wrong, I think you should not use paint for pivot backgrounds it looks untidy. On the other hand, its your style which everyone here can recognize but you should get rid off this habbit imo (you decide). Try using pivot to draw simple backgrounds.The same thing with your effects. Some of them looks really good (my fav part is `tuna rain` or whatever it`s name is) but most of them look weird and silly (for ex. the first explosion which was coloured light brown).

There is something more that i`d like to say. I noticed that your movements are improving (that sword fight was impressive), keep going and you`ll become inter in no time. Tip: work on your poses!

Hope I helped a lil
RetiredBATSOffline
TryNotToWetYourself
TryNotToWetYourself

Re: LordPivot's Thread (Poll of polliness)

Postby Lord » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:08 pm

I put a poll up for some animations I'm thinking of making, please vote on it. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Ashero » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:25 pm

Make all 4? :|
AsheroOffline
new scrooge
VIP

Postby Lord » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:52 am

It would take too long and I'd lose interest in them if I don't stick to one. The poll's saying that Pivot - Star wars in the animation most people think I should make. :)
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lord » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:49 am

Quick question guys, should I make effects for Lightsabers and all that in pivot or another program?
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tuna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:44 am

do whatever you want, it'd be slightly more impressive if you could pull them off in pivot, but it'd be easier and maybe better in flash or whatever.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 am

Here's an animation I made yesterday and today. It was only meant to be half as long but I gained motivation and kept going.
I tried my hand at gun effects, FPS, and blood.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Thread (Nazi Zombies)

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 am

That was very nice man.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Lord » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 am

Thanks, I'm quite happy with it myself.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Anton » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 am

The gun reactions seem very "oldschool fps", which is pleasant to see, and i like this foot placement.

The gun in the last scene should have been bigger, and the white circle for a bone on the zombie's arm is a little wierd.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Cheese » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 am

I loved the subtle idle stances, really added to it.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby Bullzeye » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 am

great great great
last time i saw u u were not this good
u have got lot better with time with things like easing and effects and reactions
but u need to keep an eye that the other person should come to know wht happened
when the knife went in th zom i couldnt recognise that part well after around seeing it 2 to 3 times i found wht happened
u could have put some more blood while stabbing and while taking it out
give me cc and rank me here
http://thedarkdemon.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1857
if any one below or around me can PM me for a cc [if u think]
other places
PA
SW
BullzeyeOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Lord » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks, I remember you from ages ago. Maybe I should slow parts of the animation down. :)
I don't understand why some of you can't comprehend what's happening in the FPS part of the animation. I know because I'm the one animating it that I will naturally understand what's happening but I'm trying to look at it from your point of view but still can't find it hard to understand.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Ussay » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey that zombies animation is pretty good man, but when the zombies fall you just see their legs go straight to the floor without bouncing and you didn't ease those parts, just a little piece of patience and that would've looked better, and you could take more frames to work on the blood, I think it disappears way to fast. And I really liked that 1st person escene, looks pretty good man, just keep practicing and you will get really far!
(:
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area