LordPivot's Thread - Stalactitious - Fallen

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: LordPivot's Thread

Postby Jojishi » Sat May 10, 2014 7:45 pm

That was cool. It conveyed my personality pretty well. (thumbsup
JojishiOffline
Retired

Re: LordPivot's Thread

Postby Lord » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:21 am

*Update*
I've been working on the FFA entry for a while now so I don't have much else to post,
I'm making a World of Tanks pivot animation and have already made a tank for it.. It's an early design, I'll add more detail to it soon, tell me what you think of it in the comments!.

King Tiger
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Thread (World of Tanks pivot screenie)

Postby Llama » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:44 am

That World of Tanks animation's going to be sick, no doubt. The tank looks pretty good, maybe add a few more bells and whistles, but still it's going to be amazing. Good luck. :)
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks, I have a few different tanks in mind. I'll post another one or two of them here when I have them done.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lord » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Made another one, a personel favourite of mine, the..
M26 Pershing
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 am

Alrighty then, here's my FFA against Tuna.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: LordPivot's Thread (FFA - LordPivot vs Tuna)

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 am

That was pretty entertaining man. Good job.
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Extra » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 am

that was really entertaining bro
some stuff looked pretty weird but, eeeehhh
it was good dawg
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Lord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:04 am

Windows Movie Maker wouldn't let me post it in a higher quality so I had to lower it from 15MB to 2MB, I can give the piv. if you want to see things more clearly.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Amir » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:34 am

Dude, I just want to say I fucking loved this animaion, I liked the effects a lot, although some of them looked VERY lazy, but the sun effects, clouds, rain etc...were awesome.
As for the movements, they were way better than the movements in your other animations, they were more clear to understand, but they aren't smooth enough and need to be more fluid. Fighting moves were pretty good, I'm impressed by that, very creative, I can tell you've put a lot of effort into that, you're not afraid to try new things, so great job on that.

You need to work on your movements, they still look weird sometimes, (although they look better) a bit shaky and need to be more polished.
Some of the effects could of been a lot lees lazy, you need more details to the effects, for example look at 1:44 this was pretty bad, some of the things aren't even moving, just that poor lightning effect.
And the dust effect at 0:20, it stopped moving and just started to fade away.

But overall the best beginner animation I've seen in a while, or the best I've ever seen.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Cressel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 am

Holy crap that was so dramatic and I loved it! it really kept my attention through the whole animation.

Amazing job and a lovely animation.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Firecracker » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 am

That was freaking awesome dude!

The music fit perfectly, the characters had emotion etc. That was entertainment value right there.
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 am

Good job Lord pivot. 7TH solutes you. (thumbsup
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Lord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:34 am

Thnaks a lot guys, it really means alot, especially from you Firecracker, I loved your Firecracker vs Hbomb.

I suppose you're right Amir, I knew I had a deadline and really couldn't be bothered with certain aspects of the animation...
either that or I didn't care, full stop.

I remember the same reaction for my BBODD entry.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby The Black Mamba » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:38 am

I really liked this man. You honestly aced the cinematic aspect of the animation, the music goes extremely well with the fight as well, as Firecracker pointed out. The animation probably wouldn't be complete without it, so I'm glad you added the music before posting it. You, of course, still have things to work on (movements, fluidity, combat, etc.), but you still did a really good job of keeping my eyes drawn to the screen. Though your movements aren't as refined, I like the direction you're headed in. Your style is enjoyable, even at the stage you're currently at. Too many effects were done in another program for me to even bother, so I won't say anything about that. Scenery was bearable, though the colors were a little bright. If you were going for a battle ground, try more dulled out colors next time. I could tell that was also done in another program. I like how even the fight was up until you killed Tuna. Try letting him beat you a little more, just to add suspense. The rain midway through the fight was a great touch, it helped add to the intensity. It's hard to tell what was done in Pivot and what was done in whatever other program you used. Try using Pivot for everything, it'll only help you get better with other aspects (backgrounds, effects, etc.) in the future. Great animation man, hope you make more like this in the future.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area