LordPivot's Thread - Stalactitious - Fallen

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: LordPivot's Thread

Postby tuna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 am

I feel like you should be inters... Your animations are pretty shaky, you could probably make 'bigger' poses sometimes (Like on that kick for example) but you have the flow man :D I really like this new animation, it feels right. I think if you made a big animation, maybe a little bg and effects, you could be inters.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 am

Nice, I have all the effects and movements in a joint I'm doing with Anton.
Are joints able to rank people up?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Echo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:22 am

Tuna wrote:I feel like you should be inters... Your animations are pretty shaky, you could probably make 'bigger' poses sometimes (Like on that kick for example) but you have the flow man :D I really like this new animation, it feels right. I think if you made a big animation, maybe a little bg and effects, you could be inters.

Pretty much this.

And please take more time while animating movements man it looks really rushed :/

Keep it up!

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby tuna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:24 am

LordPivot wrote:Nice, I have all the effects and movements in a joint I'm doing with Anton.
Are joints able to rank people up?

Yeah, but only your parts.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:27 am

@Echo
What would you suggest? for a 50 frame animation, how long would you spend at each frame?

@Tuna
Well, when Anton is finished with it I'll show you the parts I done. I'd show you them now but I don't want to ruin the whole thing of it being a joint, and not just a 1/2 completed animation.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Echo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:37 am

LordPivot wrote:@Echo
What would you suggest? for a 50 frame animation, how long would you spend at each frame?

Till every thing looks good haha

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Lord » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:51 am

Now that's where the problem lies. Sometimes when I'm making an animation I somehow manage to look over things like poses or easing.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:59 am

Since you welcomed me here; I can try to say some things about your animation :)

One thing a lot of people struggle with is the reactions to being hit, everyone has their own style, and I actually do not mind how the grey stick reacts to the beating given from the black stick, one thing I would look at if I were you would be his back, as it appears a bit stiff at the start.

One thing that confused me at first, but I didn't hate to much was how you were on a 2d plane with their feet, and then suddenly they were now on a 3d plane ~ what I mean by this is the grey stick then stands in a different direction (foot coming towards the viewer) as does the black stick once this happens when he lands from his kick. It looks good when he stands like that (the grey stick) but try to keep your animation planes constant and consistent, in such a small animation like this it makes it look worse, but of course if this animation was extremely long, having the planes shift throughout the animation is fine!

I think your extremely close to intermediate to be honest, when I used to animate back in the day this would be intermediate hands down, but I am aware of the skill level increase between the ranks now a days. Keep it up you have a good style :)

-Silo/Mattns

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Lord » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 am

Thanks man, much people are saying the same. Guess I just have to try harder
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Lord » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:35 am

Update, with the intro for my FFA.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Silo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:38 am

holy hell that entrance your guy makes it scary haha! looks amazing buddy
I think something sketches out on your foot (back foot) when your guy is white, may wanna tweak that!
I would try to add more detail to the clouds moving infront of the sun as well, just as they are the vocal point of that scene!

Great stuff! This looks like it will be great

-Courtesy? <3

-Silo

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Mitch » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:42 am

The way your animated everything was nice and you got your concept out very well. However I think you just lack a lot of polish.

There were a lot of sticks that simply could have been done in a less rustic way, for instance the clouds literally just being thick lines look laaaazzzy as fuck. Those bits of cloth (?) that you animated the second guys entry with could have maybe been sharpened at the ends slightly, or be made in a style that looks "tattered" or "ripped"

I mean at the end of the day you've done pretty well because it's the gift that matters, but you could put in a little more effort wrapping it.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Silo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 am

True Mitch, the clouds I mentioned before,
to elaborate on the rustic ways mitch says, I think its the way (for me personally) that you have their backs kinked*
by kinked, I mean they are bent in a way that slightly seems unrealistic, which sometimes creates rusty movements when moving into them.

none the less I still really like it, just the nit picky stuff that could be improved upon, but that stuff comes with more time

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Lord » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:46 am

Sure, I'll spend the next 2 or 3 days fixing any errors or in general just polishing everything.
The bits of cloth, is actually his cape. It's like a thick, polyester sort of cape. I think I'll add lightning to the clouds for a better overall power to the scene.
Thanks!
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Mitch » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:51 am

LordPivot wrote:clouds

http://puu.sh/8odFJ.stk

This is my go-to one. Great to resize and try gradients with.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area