Chill Anims: Hoverboard

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

pglsü

Poll ended at Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 pm

ashgf
50%
sdfg
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: Echo's Thread: Don't give up!

Postby Clauraz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm

I agree with TBM, that so so fluid... I could feel the emotions from that poor stick! Amazing man
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Silo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Motivating all of us to talk to the girls out in the real world eh? ;)

I liked it, I actually have never seen an animation done like that, it was an interesting idea! Uniqueness is key these days :)
Movements were good, no complaints! you could see the emphasis and feel the emotion of the male stick when he was worried and did not want to approach the female stick,

The only thing I can see that could have been different would be making the female stick move slightly in place, where she is not a frozen image, but even then, you may have meant for her to just be a frozen in frame stick, and if that was your aim that makes sense and is fine as well :)

Return courtesy for me? <3

-Silo

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby ZucchiniJuice » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Silo wrote:Motivating all of us to talk to the girls out in the real world eh? ;)

I liked it, I actually have never seen an animation done like that, it was an interesting idea! Uniqueness is key these days :)
Movements were good, no complaints! you could see the emphasis and feel the emotion of the male stick when he was worried and did not want to approach the female stick,

Lol, you should see Olix Flix's DDC11

right der if ya want to know @8:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seze1WDyfG4

It looks nice echo, as silo said, you could really see the emotion in the male. My only complain is that the female was a statue. I would add more feminicity to the female, such as pushing her hair to the side or something.

Honestly, I suck at any percise-detail cnc. I can do big picture ones cnc pretty good tho.
ZucchiniJuiceOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby The Specter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Secretname911 wrote: My only complain is that the female was a statue. I would add more feminicity to the female, such as pushing her hair to the side or something.

Or have her slowly walk away after fluffing her hair and whatnot because in real life people don't wait forever...

Good message and great emotion!
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Mitch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Kinda like you gave up on giving this animation a real ending? In essence all you seem to animate is runs and walks from one side of the screen to the other with a creative mask over it. You have potential to do more.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Echo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:35 pm

I apriciate all of your comments guys but.. I think I'm just going to stick with it since I like it how it is.

Edit:
Also Mitch why can you only see the run in my animations ? There is more to look at, ... I try to animate something different but at the end all I get is "ohh wow another run huh well fuck, i guess the rest of the animation doesn't matter" it's just.. I can't take it. Try to do something I can't ignore the run.
Last edited by Echo on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Ussay » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Mitch wrote:Kinda like you gave up on giving this animation a real ending?

That sentence.
But yeah Echo, he's right on that, you have potential to do great things :D
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby XElite109 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Do you always need to say something insensitive Mitch?
Anyhow I liked that animation echo it looked pretty nice though I feel like the head scratching because of your anonymous thread felt repeat ice but I love how he hesitated to approach her this makes me think of how I need to fucking grow a pair and go ask a girl out :)
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Mitch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 pm

These are your 3 most recent animations, tell me what takes up at least 50 percent of each.

http://i.imgur.com/mHUlzFD.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8gx7ZDj.gif (this one isn't as bad)
http://i.imgur.com/5JthTIV.gif

You really can't say that you've been trying to animate something different lately, you've been trying to disguise this stuff as something different.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Clauraz » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:43 pm

So you're saying the he should make an animation with no running or walking because that's in every animation... So just jumps/flying no preparing for the jump by doing a leap cause that's like a run. Echo, Make butterflies attack each other I think it's the only way :D
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby kellawgs » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm

The girl was too static, the message at the end was too quick, and the the meaning of the message could have been better portrayed in a different way. Additionally the colors of the characters could have synergized better. I bet you enjoyed making it and that is all that matters, but to please your audience you should go make some fights and flips and explosion and shit (big grin
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 am

Clauraz wrote:So you're saying the he should make an animation with no running or walking because that's in every animation... So just jumps/flying no preparing for the jump by doing a leap cause that's like a run. Echo, Make butterflies attack each other I think it's the only way :D

Hilaarrrious.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Echo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:44 am

Ohh wow glad that the fucking fighting in animations iare never seen before am I right?

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 am

Echo wrote:[Muffled aneurysm]
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Echo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:26 am

Mitch wrote:
Echo wrote:[Muffled aneurysm]

(neutral Ok

You win.

EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area