Page 3 of 4

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 8/25/16]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:03 pm
by Fuel
Just gotta say your one punch collab entry is my favorite from the collab :D

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 8/25/16]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:09 pm
by Gatashu
Fuel wrote:Just gotta say your one punch collab entry is my favorite from the collab :D


Yours too. It feels like just yesterday it was released.

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 8/25/16]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:27 am
by Gatashu
I'm still alive. Are you still alive?

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:11 am
by Youngster
Why are you in the Beginner's hall? (really

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:36 pm
by Fuel
PivotYoungster wrote:Why are you in the Beginner's hall? (really


I agree, your animations are epic man.

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:36 pm
by Lix
PivotYoungster wrote:Why are you in the Beginner's hall? (really


cus staff haven't moved him up yet lmao y does everyone ask this


the animation is good gatashu ( ° ͜ʖ °) continue it ( ° ͜ʖ °)

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:52 pm
by Gatashu
PivotYoungster wrote:Why are you in the Beginner's hall? (really


I'm basically the mold on your bathroom walls that you can't get rid of.

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:30 am
by Xonar26
Hey Gatashu! Didnt knew you were here! This is awesome, keep it up!
Id say you are like, midway to interz, but I am bad at ranking so dont expect much : P

You need to do a bit more of fight, your anims usually arent of that, you focus more on the recovery from it, and that if well animated is awesome but if there isnt a lot of combos well it looks a bit weird. Basically you should animate more combos and more frames of two people fighting, but everything else is really cool! : D

Re: Gatashu's Thread [UPDATED - 11/22/16]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:35 am
by Gatashu
Xonar26 wrote:Hey Gatashu! Didnt knew you were here! This is awesome, keep it up!
Id say you are like, midway to interz, but I am bad at ranking so dont expect much : P

You need to do a bit more of fight, your anims usually arent of that, you focus more on the recovery from it, and that if well animated is awesome but if there isnt a lot of combos well it looks a bit weird. Basically you should animate more combos and more frames of two people fighting, but everything else is really cool! : D


That's good advice, thanks man

Re: Gatashu's Thread [LAST UPDATED - 2/1/17]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm
by Gatashu
New update with a few new animations. Also, if you were to rank me what would you say?

Re: Gatashu's Thread [LAST UPDATED - 2/1/17]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:20 am
by Blademaster
aye, you'll get back into it in no time. Just do what you're doing dude.

Re: Gatashu's Thread [LAST UPDATED - 5/7/17]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:25 am
by Gatashu
Update! Two new animations with more to come.
New animations are in the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Image
Image

Re: Gatashu's Thread [NEW ANIMATIONS - 6/5/17]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:52 pm
by Raymond
I've been enjoying your style since I saw your One Punch Collab entry.

The first new animation feels very dynamic with the multi layered background and you did a good job animating the grass/dust trails from his feet. But if you're going to make the clouds stationary when the camera isn't moving, then the clouds should move in the same direction as the land during the scene where he's running. The way you have it now insinuates that the clouds are moving to the right even when the camera is stationary, but looking at your stationary shots the clouds don't move at all. Like after the guy stops sliding on the ground the clouds completely stop. You could fix this by continuing to move the clouds to the right, just slow them down a little since the camera stops moving. I mean it's not something that sticks out that much, since people's eyes are focusing on the movement of the clouds in general and not so much which way they should be moving, but it bothered me so I wanted to point it out.

The second one has some nice angles and effects. That seems to be where you excel. I can't really find anything to criticize on this one. I guess you could have tried giving the figures an idle animation in the beginning instead of making them static, but that's not really a flaw.

Overall i really like your animations. They're packed full of action, effects, and zoomed out shots of explosions. Generally there is just a lot of energy in them. You'll probably get moved up to intermediate soon.

Re: Gatashu's Thread [NEW ANIMATIONS - 6/5/17]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 pm
by Fenix
YO GATA! I'm Fenix! From youtube! These anims are sick, had never seen them before. I can't really see anything wrong about them, only what Raymond said, so see you in interz :P

Re: Gatashu's Thread [NEW ANIMATIONS - 6/5/17]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 pm
by Gatashu
Raymond wrote:I've been enjoying your style since I saw your One Punch Collab entry.

The first new animation feels very dynamic with the multi layered background and you did a good job animating the grass/dust trails from his feet. But if you're going to make the clouds stationary when the camera isn't moving, then the clouds should move in the same direction as the land during the scene where he's running. The way you have it now insinuates that the clouds are moving to the right even when the camera is stationary, but looking at your stationary shots the clouds don't move at all. Like after the guy stops sliding on the ground the clouds completely stop. You could fix this by continuing to move the clouds to the right, just slow them down a little since the camera stops moving. I mean it's not something that sticks out that much, since people's eyes are focusing on the movement of the clouds in general and not so much which way they should be moving, but it bothered me so I wanted to point it out.

The second one has some nice angles and effects. That seems to be where you excel. I can't really find anything to criticize on this one. I guess you could have tried giving the figures an idle animation in the beginning instead of making them static, but that's not really a flaw.

Overall i really like your animations. They're packed full of action, effects, and zoomed out shots of explosions. Generally there is just a lot of energy in them. You'll probably get moved up to intermediate soon.


I was going for a counter-clockwise effect with the stickman running at an angle. But yeah, next time I'll do what you said because it looks better regardless. Thanks Raymond

Fenix wrote:YO GATA! I'm Fenix! From youtube! These anims are sick, had never seen them before. I can't really see anything wrong about them, only what Raymond said, so see you in interz :P


Hey Fenix! I didn't know you were on here too. Most of these animations were in the 200 subscriber pivot montage video. Sadly, the quality of those animations were ruined by the export settings of camtasia. Thanks man