Memphis // A tyrant's fall (failed)

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Memphis // A tyrant's fall (failed)

Postby Fuel » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:52 pm

Amazing work Memphis, I just love the overall feel of the animation, the backgrounds bring a lot of perspective, but what impressed me the most is how you brought genuine emotion to the stickfigures, you can literally sense the pain in the way the wu limps and holds his arm, that expression really reveals to the audience that he is a wounded veteran, and that is even further established when he mentions being rusty. With this I sense a parallel to your animation career, a veteran who has returned and has something to prove, shown by his efforts at the pull-up bar. I thoroughly enjoyed that scene as well thanks to the awesome 3d effect on the bar. The blue guy's tsk expression and his "do you need help?" line made me lol, and it set the scene for the confrontation. Would be very cool if you continue it, but that depends on you man. Amazing animation though, really enjoyed it. :)
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Outdated » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 pm

that was pretty cool man, sad to hear it failed
Firecracker wrote:Remember, movements aren't everything, creativity is just as important.

a.k.a. talkingcd

maybe I am
OutdatedOffline
Bot
VIP

Postby Memphis » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Fuel wrote:With this I sense a parallel to your animation career, a veteran who has returned and has something to prove, shown by his efforts at the pull-up bar.

You hit the nail in the head with that one, haha. I thought nobody would go that far. I actually animated partially with that in mind, in regards to making a surprise comeback animation before rejoining TDD, and in it I was somehow supposed to toss known members joining forces and taking down the tyrant (DarkAdmin - supposed to be a colossus in the animation as to signify the actual power he owned). It had been thoroughly planned ahead to be a sort of short historical animation of Animator.net and TDD, but as usual I aimed too high. To animate something of such dimensions after not opening Pivot in 3 years is, to say the least, ambitious. But it seems like it was too ambitious. Meanwhile some older "debaucheries" decided to say hello and here I am, playing Pandaria again. A nostalgic trip through times always makes your heart smooth.
Either way, I still have a joint up and running with McToast and Valtus (and also a very secret under-the-radar collab!), so I may end up posting more.
Thank you for your kind words, all taken into consideration. (mm
Shadow-Lith 2 - Being flashed
Spoiler:
former names on the old DD: ~Sharp / Memphis / sm0k33w33d420 / PervertedScumFuck / Radium / VginaDinahr / Camden / Mayfire
MemphisOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I thought that animation was fantastic. I wrote lots of my praise in that PM, but I'll state the main things that stood out to me here. The story, cinematics, 3D angles and movements. All of it was executed brilliantly. Like Fuel, I also picked up on the "rustiness" being an allusion to your own situation.

I really enjoyed this, but it's a shame to see it fail even though I'm not surprised. It had potential, but as you said it was quite ambitious. If I was to give advice, it would be to animate consistently. You seem to animate in massive bursts, but if you can get into a habit of just animating a bit each day, the progress won't be as fast but you'll be in a habit. Up to you whatever you do though. I've got to say, I do envy your ability to animate 100+ frames in a single session.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Cheese » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:08 pm

this is great, not only are the movements great but the subtle parallax is some good shit. d (wink b
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby tuna » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:11 am

fuckin hell dude you're barely even rusty. that is some classic memphis stuff right there. should still be vets imo
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Raymond » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Wow that was awesome man! Maybe it's because you're animating key frames now, but I like how smooth everything looks. The dynamic solar rays are a nice touch too. It seems like you're getting back into the groove of things. Cinematics wise the animation looks veteran and your 3D is great as usual. It's a shame it failed. :(
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Ussay » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:36 am

Memphis!! nice to see you around bro! that animation is looking pretty good, I can smell the rustiness just a little bit though I hope you keep at it. I was sad when you didn't finish Demonology, but the simple fact of seeing you around is good news! <3
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby -▲- » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:55 pm

That cinematics is fucking awesome! U deserve veterans, great work man... great work!
-▲-Offline
Professional
Professional

Previous

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area