Animation Thread - Alp .K

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Animation Thread - Alp .K

Postby AlpK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Raymond wrote:It would probably look better if the camera started panning from the start of that scene (before the Dakotaraptor jumps). It starts after the Dakotaraptor lands, which makes it seem too fast. Also the camera movement isn't consistent. Watch the Dakotaraptor's feet after it lands on top of the bear, they move slowly to the right, then there is a huge jump in speed. Try using smaller spacing for the camera movements, and try evening out the spacing. Even if you ended the animation with the camera still moving it would look fine. But right now the camera movements look like this |---|---|---|-|-|-|------|------|------| when they should be more like this |---|---|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|

KEY:
| = frame
- = spacing between the frames

The close up on the bear is a little confusing in the beginning too. If you look at the zoomed out scene, the Dakotaraptor is not far behind it, but in the close up scene you don't see it at all. Even showing the Dakotarapor's head sticking onto the stage for a few frames would make it easier to tell the two scenes are linked up. Other than that the movements look spot on. Even the bear running looks pretty good to me.

The way you animated the movements looks fine. It portrays what you want it to, but it would be cool to see some struggle when the Dakotaraptor tries ripping off the bears head. I mean yea the Dakotarapor is huge and could probably rip off it's head with ease, but if you showed him pull on the head until there is some tension, then have it snap off, it would look more gruesome. Just giving you suggestions.

Sorry to go in depth with criticism. I usually give out advice about stick figures, so it's nice to criticize something else for once lol.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear the only problem is camerawork and staging. I can fix that. I'll try to change up the head ripping as you said, that could be cool. Also it's more realistic because it's more of a petty prehistoric rodent, while the raptor is about the size of a lion. Thanks again :D
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:09 pm

I don't think the camera's much of an issue, in my opinion. Raymond said to space the same through-out as opposed to changing speed, but I think the changes in speed are what add to the visual interest. When the camera speeds up with the head ripping off, you "feel" the pull if that makes sense? It feels far more immersive and natural for the camera to do this, plus you can still see the head being ripped off so it looks good to me. I liked the blood effects too.

I think it looks amazing and I love the design of the dinosaur. Very nice!
JojishiOffline

Re: Animation Thread (Cinematic Preview) - Alp .K

Postby AlpK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:47 am

Starting something new.
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Tops620 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:40 am

come on guys, move this man to veteran section
Tops620Offline
­Tops-six-twenty
­Tops-six-twenty

Postby para nimo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:29 am

That breathing seems a bit fast in that cold.
Also, on the close up of the legs, the back leg looks weird to me.
Spoiler:
quote wrote:
quote o: wrote:
quote O: wrote:
quote fuck off wrote:Don't quote me
para nimoOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby AlpK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 am

para nimo wrote:That breathing seems a bit fast in that cold.
Also, on the close up of the legs, the back leg looks weird to me.

Thanks, I'll fix the breathing. Dinosaur legs are weird I guess. They stand on the toes.
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Blademaster » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 am

oh shit dude. your stuff is lit! (scool

amazing content dude!
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby AlpK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 am

New video!
phpBB [video]
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Jojishi » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:11 pm

So these are previews of a bigger animation... It looks absolutely fantastic so far! Bonus points for being a dinosaur fight in Pivot that might actually be well animated (can't say too much right now).

I agree with Tops that you look Veteran, so you'll probably be moved up soon. You've got Inters level movements, and also backgrounds and full bodies which are amazing and I don't see others in this section do. Anyway, keep it up! Looking forward to whatever else you make. :D
JojishiOffline

Postby AlpK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Jojishi wrote:So these are previews of a bigger animation... It looks absolutely fantastic so far! Bonus points for being a dinosaur fight in Pivot that might actually be well animated (can't say too much right now).

I agree with Tops that you look Veteran, so you'll probably be moved up soon. You've got Inters level movements, and also backgrounds and full bodies which are amazing and I don't see others in this section do. Anyway, keep it up! Looking forward to whatever else you make. :D

Thanks! Always good to hear your feedback. There are a few jewels in dinosaur fights in pivot, but yeah, I can see why you're saying that.
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby XElite109 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:55 pm

this is so detailed
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Amir » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:26 am

Man you are so good
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby AlpK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Amir wrote:Man you are so good

Honor coming from you, I've always loved your animations :D Thanks!
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby AlpK » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Another preview for my cinematic DDC entry.
AlpKOffline
Active
Active

Postby Raymond » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I love your use of backgrounds. You definitely know how to use them to your advantage. It looks like you're going for a dinosaur hunt. I'm really excited for it! This will probably be one of the first dinosaur animations in a DDC. You're making it into the history books man!

Btw I was really impressed with your Dakotaraptor vs Didelphodon video. It really turned out nice. The ambience of it really stood out to me. Things like the fog from his breath and the way you showed different angles of the surrounding area. It all helps add more character to your animations.
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area