Row's Boat

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Row's Boat

Postby Row » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am

Only two animals per species.

AOTW

Katananiggas

This Rengar vs Kha ziix thing that i dont feel like continuing
stks (rengar and kha) by pancake

Muay Thai clinch

SWP with behemoth

being stupid

being retarded
Last edited by Row on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RowOffline
Active
Active

Re: Row's Boat

Postby Silo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 am

Row: First off let me say I love the title of your thread- Cute :)

Your animations are amazing my friend, definitely worthy of being posted in the Intermediate section for sure!
the first animation where the scenes change in the background was really cool! Long animations like that, during an animators developing stages, you can really see your improvement throughout the entire animation, where at the start some things were stiff, and near the end, you improved substantially! very well done!

Nice stuff :) Look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

-Silo

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Echo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:34 am

Intermediate! Dude the newest one fucking awesome man, I'm sure you'll get a rank up soon ;)

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby thebiscotticakeman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 am

CURSE U ROW !!!!!!! still nice animations inters unlike me im just a noob stuck with stykz i would have the pleasure of fighting ur SWP warrior when i finally figure out how to get all pivot versions for meh mac CURSE U THE PERSON WHO GAVE THE IDEA TO PETER BONE FOR ONLY MAKING IT INTO A .EXE FILE !!!!!!
thebiscotticakemanOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Row » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 am

mmmthanks you guys :D

and i see what you saw what i did there with my title, see what im saying and saying what im seeing?
RowOffline
Active
Active

Postby Silo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 am

I am saying what you're seeing while saying what it is that you actually just spoke.

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Row » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 am

Ah ok, I see what your saying what you just spoke to me to what i said that was seeing what you were saying.
Naw mean?
RowOffline
Active
Active

Postby Silo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 am

naw man I have no idea I got lost when you said AH OK
whoops :)

Can you check out my animations and provide criticism to me as well? I need it I am shaking off some rust <3

-Silo

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Swaikha » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Definitely way better than beginners.
^click for animation thread^ :)
SwaikhaOffline
Active
Active

Postby The Specter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Yeah you're definitely approaching Inters if not already at it, The only thing that I really saw that I thought looked wrong was when he was doing that tumble sequence and he rams into the other guy and then they both just stop moving horizontally and fall straight down onto the rocks on the lava. The eye trails were a good idea but I think would have looked better if they weren't a single stick and faded rather than followed, if that makes sense.
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Horsie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 pm

u will be vet in no time
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Rengar vs Kha is the best animation I've seen from a Beginner. You animated those monsters very well and the part where one of them sprouted the wings was just awesome. Some nice effects and a cool looking background. It was extremely good.

The Katana animation has quite possibly the best movements I've seen from you. The effects in it were great too. All of the trails had their own individuality to them. That part where he re-sheathed the sword, only to bring it out again and perform the super fast melee move with his sword, was just awesome. The spacing here was used effectively and the effects were bad-ass, mainly the re-sheath and the blur effect.

Your AOTW is fantastic. What sets you above many Beginners (and even some Intermediates) is your creativity and the effort you put in regarding backgrounds, effects and cinematography. As for that spin-kick your character unleashed on the other guy right at the start... That was absolutely flawless. You got the limb re-sizing spot on for this spin attack (something which even I have trouble with) and the spacing here is good. Another move that looked great was the hand stand flip and elbow. The lava scene afterwards looked great by the way! I haven't seen anyone animate lava good like you have.

The main thing that was holding you back used to be shakiness (and that's seen even in the Rengar vs Kha animation) but I can't see it in the newest 2 animations. So your spacing is a lot more consistent as well as displaying some flow in your animations. You even got the basket-ball dribble right, which is hard to do.

I think you're close to Intermediate. I don't want you to just shoot for a title though. Keep making creative animations like this and you'll go far. I think another animation or two with this quality and you might be moved up though. At this stage, the newest two are the ones most consistent. Your other animations (like your FFA with Behemoth) are amazing, but there's parts in those animations where your shakiness held you back. At the moment you seem to be going well. I'm a fan of your work at the moment though. Good job man. :)
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Row » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Jojishi wrote:The main thing that was holding you back used to be shakiness (and that's seen even in the Rengar vs Kha animation) but I can't see it in the newest 2 animations. So your spacing is a lot more consistent as well as displaying some flow in your animations.
but there's parts in those animations where your shakiness held you back.

The Specter wrote:Yeah you're definitely approaching Inters if not already at it, The only thing that I really saw that I thought looked wrong was when he was doing that tumble sequence and he rams into the other guy and then they both just stop moving horizontally and fall straight down onto the rocks on the lava. The eye trails were a good idea but I think would have looked better if they weren't a single stick and faded rather than followed, if that makes sense.

"Hey all you people, hey all you people, hey all you people won't you listen to mee~~~" -spongebob fish guy.

Le thanks peoples. I do realize that I have a shakyness problems and some awkward moments in my animations. I get lazier and lazier and more lazy as the animation progresses. Mainly because I have to stop animating at a time then continue later. Like, you make a new animation and it looks good, then you stop for a day and continue the next day. But the animation doesn't look as good as the first time, that's my problem :l. I lose my "vibe" or "inspiration" when i have to stop. And I now realized that i should have made them go horizontal a bit more and then make them fall vertically, yeah that was a really weird part to look at.

Yeah I'm not really trying to move up in rank anymore, I'v never done a move up attempt, aint nobody ready fo dat. I just likes animating Trent & Blake, making them come alive. Who else is as into their character as I am :).
RowOffline
Active
Active

Postby Behemoth » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:45 pm

I said this before and I'll say it a thousand times, love your stuff, I have say its very creative, even to intermediate standards.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby tuna » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:58 am

Congratulations, the staff have deemed you worthy of intermediate! Good job :)
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Next

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area