Ray's Thread: One Punch Collab Entry

Post your animations here when you advance from Beginner.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Ray's Thread: Staff Play

Postby Raymond » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Tuna wrote:wait hold on, pivot 4 lets you have onionskin in front of other figures...?

If you save your sticks and then import them as sprites, yes. Otherwise not that I know of.

Here MCToast, I think this is what you mean.

RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Hypo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 pm

Enjoyed every move, this kind of animation goes right up your alley man.

Two things tho! Like it's been said before, the staff is too clear, which makes it hard to see, and there's some incoherence in the style of the background, specially between the mountains and the clouds (I really like the mountains tho.. the clouds, not as much (:P).

Anyways, good one overall, and kudos on the no onion skin. Must have taken you a while to do this one heh
HypoOffline
Active
Active

Postby Daniël » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 am

Those are some sick moves, great job on that. The movements look very fluid and the 3D is really ace.

The only thing that kinda bothered me is the walk in the beginning, which seemed a bit long, but that doesn't tale away of its awesomeness.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Firecracker » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 am

Man, Ray you really are something else. These movements are unbelievably complex, and yet you've executed them perfectly whilst flowing them seamlessly into one another. And I've noticed your eye for subtlety. Just, even the way his legs and knees slightly bend and pop as he's moving his hands for instance. Little things that compliment each other and make certain movements more believable. And the flow like i said before is beautiful. The sequence were he's flowering the staff in front of him, then moving it behind his back before bringing it around again is just freaking awesome to watch.

The only thing i thought could've improved this animation is maybe darkening the color of the staff a little more. It's a little hard to see as it currently is.

But man, great stuff Ray. (thumbsup
"A stickfigure doing a walk is far better than some spiky-haired fuckwit blurring across the screen in a two or three-frame run."

~ Waffles Mgee
FirecrackerOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby -▲- » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:42 pm

beautiful movements, the scenery looks like some kind of painting and combines perfectly with the animation!
Good job!
-▲-Offline
Professional
Professional

Postby Cressel » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:50 pm

You know I think this is amazing, the movements are spot on and really complex. Both the small details on the movements and the style of the background are great. Amazing job!
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Yes Ray, nicely done.
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Mori » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:06 am

i really liked your newest update!
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby XElite109 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:25 pm

bro I really loved the movements in this one! The way he moved the staff was awesome however I don't like the walk but thats how you do it and the last step seemed too light to me but yeah everything was great and the backgrounds subtle movements were perfect.
gj :D
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Re: Ray's Thread: DDC12 Part 1

Postby Raymond » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:38 pm

I know this is Intermediate, but I feel more comfortable here. I lost the sony vegas file I had saved for this video. I planned on saving it and just adding sound effects to it as I worked on the animation, but I can't find it now. There will be a part two, it's over 250 frames so far and I have other plans for it.

DDC12 Part 1
RaymondOffline
Tychus Findlay
Admin

Postby Ussay » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:37 pm

C&P From YT XD:
Your part was really cool man, your movements are really clean... I hope you add more to that animation :D But I thought that the "what would you do" was part of Waffle's animation, thing that would've been really cool xD
Well done man, please animate more ^^
Oh, and weren't you vets? D:
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby The Black Mamba » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:49 pm

I liked yours man, it was kind of creative. I didn't like the spacing in the movements all that much but whatev, was still pretty cool. Sad to see you down here, hope you work your way back up to veteran soon.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Jojishi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:45 pm

I totally respect your decision to move yourself down. If you feel more comfortable here then it's for the best. You probably feel like you have a lot more freedom now. There isn't pressure to perform. Trust me, the reason I didn't post in the Elite Zone until recently was because I didn't feel comfortable there either. I don't feel like I hold a candle to people like Senzo. It was intimidating but now I just don't let it bother me. If someone really thinks I should be moved back down then it's just one of those things that happens.

I think this will be beneficial for you as weird as that sounds.

Anyway I really liked your animation. It's simple, but the angles and movements are high quality. I think this is somewhere on the higher end of Intermediate if you want an honest opinion on your rank. So it's still pretty awesome. I like the sound effects you added and the colours in your animation. Very unique and entertaining to watch.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Cressel » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:33 pm

You shouldn't feel pressured by being in a certain rank, it's kind of a bummer to see you here but it's your decision if you don't feel comfortable on the veteran section.

You know I really liked the animation. It was simple but it was entertaining, the movements were clean and the camera changes were pretty effective.
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Mori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:49 pm

I'm so sad! Try to work hard to get to veteran again!
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

PreviousNext

Return to Pivot Intermediate Area