Well Hello there.

Make yourself known here!

Well Hello there.

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:18 am

Hello everyone,
I joined the old Darkdemon.org in 2006 under the seudo Mattns,
I made intermediate when I used to animate back in the day, and I still popped in now and again throughout the years
of retirement to check in on the new animators coming into the scene.

Just recently I had an itch to animate again, just as a hobby for fun, so I decided to come back and I find out you all came over here! Makes sense as I was unable to have an account recovery for a week now on the old site, so I assume some admin errors were in place.

Anyways, I took the name Silo this time around, There used to be an animator named Silo on Darkdemon when I joined back in 06, and he mentored me a lot back in the day on animating style, and I have used the name Silo now on many different platforms, and I sort of took over his mystique when he retired ;)

Nice to meet you guys! Have something in common with me? : Basketball, Curling, Golf, Guitar, League of Legends, Accounting
If so, share some stories! I am pretty sure not a lot of you would know who I am as I was active back in 2006-2008~

Hi :)

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Re: Well Hello there.

Postby Lord » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:49 am

Welcome here.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tuna » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 am

Hi Silo, nice to see you :) Hope you have a nice time on the new forum. Basically what happened to the other site was in June 2013 someone bought or site, then neglected us. The mods/admins had no power, they nicknamed themselves 'Members with a red name' because that was pretty much all that set them apart from regulars. And the site looked like shit. So we moved here, the new owner noticed the lack of traffic, banned a load of people. But it's all good.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am

Basketball, Golf, Guitar.

Welcome mate, I vaguely remember the name Mattns, though it's been such a long time. I was Edward0, I probably pestered the fuck out of you like I did to everyone else in my immature, 14 year old ways.

Anyway, glad to have you here dude.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Lukas » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:58 am

hola amigo, i hope you enjoy the new site silo, have fooon here (cheesy grin
LukasOffline
no
no

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:08 am

Haha Edward0 Sounds familiar, but I was on the same boat, I go back to Darkdemon.org and look at some of my older posts and all I can do is facepalm.

New site is fun! I have been trying to be active, I miss my 1600+ Post count from the old days, but I have already donated to the site to get my VIP back (I was one of the first VIPS when Adam owned the site way back, he used to send us Darkdemon.org pins for donating :) ). Haha

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) <3

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Axon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 am

Silo wrote:Haha Edward0 Sounds familiar, but I was on the same boat, I go back to Darkdemon.org and look at some of my older posts and all I can do is facepalm.

New site is fun! I have been trying to be active, I miss my 1600+ Post count from the old days, but I have already donated to the site to get my VIP back (I was one of the first VIPS when Adam owned the site way back, he used to send us Darkdemon.org pins for donating :) ). Haha

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) <3

wristbands for pimps as well wasn't it lol, I don't think I remember the name Mattns I do recognize the name Silo though so I dunno, good to have you here
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Postby Echo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Silo :D Enjoy your stay.

Also that strippin deadpool avatar is just silly haha

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:36 am

Welcome man, looking forward to seeing that vintage inter style when you post some work.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:43 am

I have been trying to do some animations, and LOL, the intermediates of 2006 are beginners now, dont get your hopes up! ;)

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Postby Jon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 am

I miss that old school style though man, please post some.
JonOffline
Old Cunt
Retired

Postby Cressel » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Welcome welcome! I'm really looking forward to seeing your work!
CresselOffline
애교!!!
Fanatic

Postby Elliott » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm

When I started animating I was taught chaining by the original Silo - I got excited as I thought you were him haha!

Either way it's good to see some old school animators.
ElliottOffline
Honorary

Postby Mat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Silo wrote:I have been trying to do some animations, and LOL, the intermediates of 2006 are beginners now, dont get your hopes up! ;)

Old school is still by far my favorite style. Welcome to the site.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Silo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:22 pm

The original Silo was my mentor up until he quit, his chaining style was unique, and I hope to bring it back to this site once I shake off some rust and find some midget sticks I like

SiloOffline
I eat grass
I eat grass

Next

Return to Entrance Hall