Hey there!

Make yourself known here!

Hey there!

Postby Pelekhov » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 am

I got into pivot at the age of 11. Made some animations, made some stks, generally improved (though honestly I was never amazing). Was pretty active in the dinosaur pivot community (I know, I know, not something to be proud of :P). About five years ago I stopped animating. Anyway, now I'm giving it another go. Seems pivot's gone through a few iterations in my absence and now, among other things, you can join stks together. I thought this presented a host of opportunities, so I decided to make a more complex stickman. Still pretty basic (as befits pivot) but with details only achievable by sticking stks together. I'd post this to the Beginners Hall, but it's not my animation skills I'm showing off (I literally named this gif "jerky"), it's this stk, a Russian WWI soldier; I've moved it around in a jerky kind of way just so you can see how it works: Image

The shoulder strap/belt-bandolier are joined to a single node, the one used to rotate the torso, while the cap/cap brim are joined to the node used to rotate the head, making the soldier simple to put together. I've made a pair of breeches and boots for his lower half too, but I made them first before I worked out how best to simplify the process, so they're more fiddly and I'll probably re-make them.

So anyway, as well as saying hello to everyone (Hello!) I was wondering if you thought this figure had any potential. It was time-consuming to make, but not hugely difficult, and I could probably use the same principle to make others like it if you guys think it has potential. Whadda ya think? :)

Oh, one more thing. Link to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyq7g0 ... 1L6creOubg Slightly ashamed of some of the older animations, but they're all just phases I went through to get where I am now. Not sure if it helps or not that I've come to consider story at least as important as animation, as you can probably work out from my magnus opus so far.
PelekhovOffline

Re: Hey there!

Postby TθPS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 am

Hey there! Pelekhov, welcome here to TDD. Read the rules and have fun, i hope you stay for a long time.
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby Pop » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:30 am

Hey! Hope you make new friends and have a good time at Darkdemon!
PopOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Cavolia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:42 am

glad to see some cool war stks. Immediatly recognized it as a russian soldier so good job.
At darkdemon we have a generation worth of stickfigure building, so while your stk is cool I must admit it's not really anything new to many of us.

Keep in mind that everyone starts out in the beginner's hall. Regardless of your actual skill you're supposed to make your first thread there, eventually Ranked team will decide if you're worthy to move up a rank.
-"I'm just like you, just not a fool. I'm just like you, just not as cool"

www.Janovich.nl
my personal website
CavoliaOffline
massive fgt
Regular

Postby Pelekhov » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:12 am

Cavolia wrote:glad to see some cool war stks. Immediatly recognized it as a russian soldier so good job.
At darkdemon we have a generation worth of stickfigure building, so while your stk is cool I must admit it's not really anything new to many of us.

Keep in mind that everyone starts out in the beginner's hall. Regardless of your actual skill you're supposed to make your first thread there, eventually Ranked team will decide if you're worthy to move up a rank.

Ah, fair enough. No problem with starting out at the Beginner's Hall, I probably wouldn't trust myself to start posting to Intermediate straight away even if I was allowed lol.
PelekhovOffline

Postby Blademaster » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:50 am

not bad man. Looking forward to your thread man. You seem to have some skills already
BlademasterOffline
Rising Sun
Rising Sun

Postby Jack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:08 pm

very russian name, heh. welcome to dd.
JackOffline
リラックス
リラックス

Postby VBxp » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Hey