BBoDD V!

Organise your Collabs, Joints, Pivot Wars, and finding Mentors here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: BBoDD V!

Postby tuna » Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 am

Anton wrote:Ahh, the usual "need an extension" thingie... It never gets old.
I'm against any sort of extension. It's a competition, not a collab.

We have been given around 8 weeks to complete an entry. That's not enough ?

pff you're only saying that because you're nearly done because you started and joined early. if you had joined and started your animation a few weeks after the announcement was posted, like a lot of these people have, i doubt you'd be singing the same tune. besides, its a competition of animation skill, not speed.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Anton » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 am

Oh, right, Liteicon has joined in April. My apologies.
If I registered at the same moment, I'd never have thought of joining the competition, it's that simple.

I hope that extension will be worth it for the others. (:P
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby tuna » Tue May 05, 2015 10:25 am

Anton wrote:Oh, right, Liteicon has joined in April. My apologies.
If I registered at the same moment, I'd never have thought of joining the competition, it's that simple.

I hope that extension will be worth it for the others. (:P

i may or may not give an extension depending on how many entries i get. so far i've had none. i'll decide nearer the time.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Liteicon » Tue May 05, 2015 10:34 am

I really know it's unfair and that's not your fault that I join lately. That's why I'm just making a pardon, and that's really common that the due date will be extended if few entries will be submitted. I'm on 280 frames from now, and probably, this will be my last animation cuz entering college this June will be my first priority and maybe I gonna have no time for other things.
Last edited by Liteicon on Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| PIVOT THREAD || DEVIANTART || ART THREAD ||
I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art - Ernst Fischer
LiteiconOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Grams » Tue May 05, 2015 10:56 am

Tuna wrote:pff you're only saying that because you're nearly done because you started and joined early.

How is this an argument lmao he did what he was supposed to do. Excluding newer members who registered fairly recently, it seems natural that people who get their shit done on time would complain if others
Tuna wrote:had joined and started [their] animation a few weeks after the announcement was posted, like a lot of these people have

and not have their submissions ready, which puts everyone else at an inconvenience. Granted this is a stick person forum and I shouldn't be complaining about due dates, shit should still be punctual, although in this case I'm guessing the extension would only be a week or two so whatevs. But if you can't get something done on time, drop out like AC, Llama, Flame, and myself. I suppose it depends on the type of collab/joint, but like Anton said, this is a competition.

But yeah pivot I should be lax about it sry
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby tuna » Tue May 05, 2015 11:02 am

Grams wrote:Excluding newer members who registered fairly recently, it seems natural that people who get their shit done on time would complain if others
Tuna wrote:had joined and started [their] animation a few weeks after the announcement was posted, like a lot of these people have

and not have their submissions ready, which puts everyone else at an inconvenience. Granted this is a stick person forum and I shouldn't be complaining about due dates, shit should still be punctual, although in this case I'm guessing the extension would only be a week or two so whatevs. But if you can't get something done on time, drop out like AC, Llama, Flame, and myself. I suppose it depends on the type of collab/joint, but like Anton said, this is a competition.

its not necessarily their fault that they didnt see and sign up for this competition right at the start (eg: recent join date, period of inactivity, being busy with life etc)
Grams wrote:
Tuna wrote:pff you're only saying that because you're nearly done because you started and joined early.

How is this an argument lmao he did what he was supposed to do.

i said that because he sounded snarky and condescending which bothered me. what he was supposed to do was understand that not everyone started at the same time, because his argument was on the basis that everyone got a fair chance.
also if the due date comes and i've got 0-5 entries, im not calling the collab a fail am i.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Grams » Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 am

Tuna wrote:
Grams wrote:Excluding newer members who registered fairly recently, it seems natural that people who get their shit done on time would complain if others

its not necessarily their fault that they didnt see and sign up for this competition right at the start (eg: recent join date, period of inactivity, being busy with life etc)

ye i understand, i just wouldn't join depending on the time. You'd rush to get your submission done which may end up shitty, possibly force an extension, etc. Better to either finish and thread it separately or wait until next year.
Grams wrote:

How is this an argument lmao he did what he was supposed to do.

Tuna wrote:i said that because he sounded snarky and condescending which bothered me. what he was supposed to do was understand that not everyone started at the same time, because his argument was on the basis that everyone got a fair chance.
also if the due date comes and i've got 0-5 entries, im not calling the collab a fail am i.

No, I wouldn't suggest that. I suppose you won't actually know until the date comes, so there wasn't much point in me saying anything yet. I still mean what I said at least on a general basis, though.
Steam || Thread || MAL
▁ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂ ▁
GramsOffline
L'appel du vide
L'appel du vide

Postby Mori » Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Are you guys still animating?
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Four » Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Did you not just read the last conversation?
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Mori » Tue May 05, 2015 1:28 pm

I dont read, obviously.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Mat » Tue May 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Mori wrote:I dont read, obviously.

Then you should probably start if you want to know what's going on.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Mori » Tue May 05, 2015 1:56 pm

Mat wrote:
Mori wrote:I dont read, obviously.

Then you should probably start if you want to know what's going on.

Ok thanks.
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Liteicon » Tue May 05, 2015 11:35 pm

312 frames done
|| PIVOT THREAD || DEVIANTART || ART THREAD ||
I don't want life to imitate art, I want life to be art - Ernst Fischer
LiteiconOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Rimidalv » Thu May 07, 2015 8:36 am

Good luck yall ;)
RimidalvOffline
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨
ᖉ!w!qɐꞁ٨

Postby Venix » Fri May 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Remove me from the list please.
I won't be able to finish a decent or finished entry.
Good luck to the remaining people~
BBoDDV: 126 frames
VenixOffline

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Organization