Stick-maker of the Year | 2015 *It's Over*

Organise your Collabs, Joints, Pivot Wars, and finding Mentors here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Stick-maker of the Year | 2015 *Final Day*

Postby Mat » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 pm

Omega wrote:
Waffles Mgee wrote:I could make a simplified version of that wing with a single white segment stick. Copy, colour black, reduce to size 90, colour white, copy/paste a ton, stretch and join. Want to make the white sticks easier to use, simply make them statis and flip them.

Then... do it?

He... did?
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Omega » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 pm

There wasn't that edit when I typed my comment, smarty pants...
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby Coweetie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 am

Waffles Mgee wrote:I think the thing with Coweetie's sticks is more how you use them and how you join them together, rather than how they're made. I could make a simplified version of that wing with a single white segment stick. Copy, colour black, reduce to size 90, colour white, copy/paste a ton, stretch and join. Want to make the white sticks easier to use, simply make them statis and flip them.

Edit: Literally just did this

with just this:

You just made it a little bit prettier. Step up your game, Coweetie.

I am not sure what you want to say with that, is it about the black and white thing?
Or about the handling?
I tried alot of versions for that wing, and when using 15+ feathers, the joints on the wing get layered over itself making it unable to use, same when you stretch them and you lose the eye for the proportions of the lengths

My goal was the system/handling, not the direct beauty of the wing
anyways, I wanted to create a practical thing without losing proportions and without the hell of layering joints over themselfes.And if it happens, to have a way to get it without having to move the other one (seperating everything).
There are enough wings around that simply put it together like you showed, I wouldnt have spend so much hours for that.
.....deviantart....3Dstuff.....freestyle.....pivot.....
Spoiler:

Life is a matter of opinion
CoweetieOffline
that orange dude
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:48 am

That definitely looks far from simple. Good job on it Coweetie. It's very creative, practical and looks amazing. Definitely one of my favourites.

TBM, that Star Wars full body is badass!
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Waffles Mgee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:25 am

Dang, son. I'm happy you proved me wrong~
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Gage » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:01 am

Waffles Mgee wrote:Dang, son. I'm happy you proved me wrong~

doesnt everyone? lmao
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Waffles Mgee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:04 pm

does everyone not what
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Anton » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm

No, not everyone seems to be happy when proven wrong.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Omega » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:04 am

Waffles Mgee wrote:does everyone not what

"Doesn't everyone enjoy seeing you, Waffles, get proven wrong?"

That's what he meant... I know english sometimes can be complicated, but you know you can count on me to help you when you don't understand what others are talking about. That's what friends are for.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Re: Stick-maker of the Year | 2015 *Announcement*

Postby The Black Mamba » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Well, due to the fact that only me and Coweetie submitted anything for round 2, me along with the judges decided to make this the last round. They're judging our sticks and the winner of the competition will be announced soon. I'm not so sure prizes should still be handed out since we couldn't even get through the whole competition but I guess it wouldn't be fair to do that. I was honestly skeptical that this competition would be successful, then people proved me wrong by signing up in the first round, then proved me right by the outcome of the second round lol. I still really appreciate the number of people that participated, thank you guys for taking the time to make this one hell of a competition. I was blown by the skill some of you guys have, I wasn't aware of how many skilled stick makers were on the forum before this competition. I don't really know if I'm gonna bring this back next year, I guess I'll base that off of next year's activity.

If there's anyone that's opposed to this then speak up and we can extend the due date for round 2.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Re: Stick-maker of the Year | 2015 *Announcement*

Postby Mat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:15 pm

If there is a small extension I can get something made. Last week was just really busy for me.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Re: Stick-maker of the Year | 2015 *Extension Granted*

Postby The Black Mamba » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm iffy about this, mostly because the only people that said something were Mat and one of the judges. The people that haven't submitted anything have until the 20th of June to complete and submit a stick for round 2. Good luck people.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Waffles Mgee » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:16 am

I had problems, man.

Problem 1. I've now got sleeping tablets for my insomnia. Guess what? They don't work so far.

Problem 2. My mouse. It likes to double-click often when I want a single click. This means half the time I can't click/drag. Know how infuriating that is? I've got a new one coming in the post but it said it could be delievered from any time between a week ago and next month.

Problem 3. I wanted to do something different than what I usually did for this round but, honestly, I made a few attempts and not only were they of lesser quality than my first entry and, well, anything I usually would do, problems 1 and 2 came into play and pretty much halted any chance of short-term improvement.

Want to know what I was going to do for the second round? Here's a brief example:

I was going to make a super swole drugged-up super aryan nazi super-soldier, biologically correct to a human male with dynamic, posable muscles. The body parts would have been much thicker so muscles would be far more defined and realistic than the brief, five-minute example up there.

My round 3 stick was going to be a transformer. Of the Schwerer Gustav. Yeah. This one. I honestly had stuff planned but I'm sad that I couldn't be in any fit state to do them. But you know that, if this shit goes on next year, I'm going to win.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Lord » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:49 am

A transformer of that Gustav would have looked amazing. Especially coming from you. :)
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Waffles Mgee » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:21 pm

this is now so far that it's entirely its own stick figure, using no part of my genericbase.

posting this for round 2 lal

Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Organization