TDD Clan Wars! - Problems... this mightn't work out

Organise your Collabs, Joints, Pivot Wars, and finding Mentors here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: TDD Clan Wars! - APPLICATIONS OVER!

Postby tuna » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:16 am

IM REALLY MAD FUCKSSAKE I THOUGHT I SIGNED UP TO THIS

dude can i sneak in as a slightly late entrant?
potential scenario: snowy mountain tops, frozen lakes and such
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: TDD Clan Wars! - TEAMS AND SCENARIOS CHOSEN!

Postby Lord » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 am

Dirty Child wrote:IM REALLY MAD FUCKSSAKE I THOUGHT I SIGNED UP TO THIS

dude can i sneak in as a slightly late entrant?

Lol, I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in this thread. XD
Yeah, might as well. I'll be doing the selection in a few minutes now.

Added.

Edit: Alright guys, I've randomly chosen the teams using Random.org and got these results, in order

Team 1:
Code: Select all
Root,
Devildog,
Gary,
Darkness Nebula.

Team 2:
Anton,
Tuna,
LordPivot,
Mat.

Sorry to FourAcross, Hypemaster and Llamapivot for not getting chosen, but as a teacher of mine from a few years ago said "That's the way the cookie crumbles" (totally unoriginal but eh)

And for the scenarios;
Farmyard, one large house, barn, fields of corn, some cattle and chicken, tractor, clear day, no clouds.
The moon and possibly a space station.

Now, everyone chosen there can get to making and posting there characters!
(I know some people already have by mistake but that's ukay. ;)

I'd like to see the characters all made and ready for Monday June 15th
Animation can start being made then, starting with Root from team 1 and Anton from team 2
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Mat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Codename: Arch
Class: Assassin

Backstory: Once a special forces operative, he went rogue after discovering corruption in the higher ups. After deeming Steven a threat he became victim of his own teammates. He survived the attack with a gunshot wound in his eye, but his wife and child were killed. He has since founded an organization of mercenaries known as Archangel. He rarely shows emotion, and is a cold blooded killer with a heavy body count.

Strengths: Stealth, Proficient in ranged weapons, Agile, Intelligent
Weaknesses: Not very strong in hand to hand combat, Is human and can still be killed with guns and such
Preferred weapon: Recurve Bow with explosive, fire, or broadhead arrows
Secondary weapons: two .22 pistols, .308 sniper rifle, tactical throwing knives, grenades

Download: here

Stats
Strength: 2
Agility: 9
Defense: 3
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 9

Also, if you are on my team and have a skype, please pm me your info so we can have an organized group to plan things out.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Four » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:34 pm

D: My scenario was chosen too (cry

lol
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Llama » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Nice! Another addition to the list of stuff I get booted out of, just gotta get out my trusty note pad and pen...

Congrats to everyone else, excited to see how this'll go.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Euclid » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:50 pm

IM really excited for this. But i feel i little nervous About, weLl, everything. All who participated iN this are really awesome animators. (exCEpt for me. heh.). I hope everyone does a Decent job.

(check out the capitals bruh don't kill me :c)
Last edited by Euclid on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby Lord » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Just to clarify here guys;

Team 1's scenario is the farmhouse,

And Teams 2's scenario is the moon.

Sorry for any confusion.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Euclid » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:01 pm

This is my character. First time i made anything like this, so any corrections will be accepted.
I also don't have any stickmaking skills whatsoever so i'll ask someone else to make a stick. :c
*EDIT*: Due to extreme bullying and lecturing by Waffles, i scrapped my old character and made a new one under his guidance. Also because i'm an edgy faggot.

Here's my character: link.

Here's the download: link.
Last edited by Euclid on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click the Pic for TDD thread. (Credits to Sifter for making my profile, RB, and Sig.)

"Animate to entertain others, lad. That's the point of animation. Some are too blind to see it though
Being big-headed and sucking balls don't go well in pair."
-Flame
EuclidOffline
#NextComboKing2019
#NextComboKing2019

Postby tuna » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:14 pm

Golfer
areas marked with ? are to be filled/thought of/left blank.

DOWNLOAD
Alias: Golfer
Name: ?
Height: 1.8 meters

Backstory
this man played a lot of golf. he had a family and all that but the golf became obsessive. "come back home and eat" they'd say. "it's 1am, why are you still playing golf" they'd say. the golf consumed him. he sacrificed himself to the golf to become a golfing god. he's really REALLY good at golf. plus side: he's got cool powers and shit. down side: abandoned people who matter for golf.

Special Abilities:
EXTREME AIM. he can hit golf balls at people with astonishing accuracy. he can pull golf balls from the air, and each golf ball can have a different special ability eg: one could explode into a load of water, or fire, or wind, another could create a vacuum, etc. whatever you think off.

Fighting style
slightly clumsy. prone to taking risks with huge hits, as he's a little out of his mind. not unskilled however. can use his golf club as a me-lee weapon.
Strengths
-GREAT AIM
-cool golf clubs and golf powers
-can fight

Weaknesses
-desperate to win; takes risks
- without his club, he's pretty useless
-cant focus on more than one thing (perhaps prone to people sneaking up on him or something)
-not all that intelligent.

Stats (out of 10)
Strength: 9
Agility: 7
Defense: 5
Intelligence:5
Endurance: 8

Demo
?
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Lord » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Character here, made a summary of the backstory for those who don't want to read the full one. :)
Spoiler:
LordPivot

Alias: LordPivot
Name: Stephen Flax
Height: 6 foot, 2 inches

Backstory
-Stephen was born to the son of an Irish explorer in the year 1886. He accompanied his father from the age of 12 on many of his adventures. They travelled far and wide, to the middle east, Arctic, and South America. In the year of 1901 at the age of 15, him and his father travelled deep inland South America. His father was eager to find a mythical dark 'force' that lay in cased in a hidden temple. They fought many natives to reach it, but soon found it. His father, desperately wanting it, for reasons more than just for study, pried open the chest that it was contained in,
-he was killed by the darkness.
-It disintegrated him on the spot.
-Instead, the darkness seen Stephen, and noticed how innocent and true the boy was, and corrupted him with itself. The temple shook, and forest half a kilometer in radius was blackened and infected immediately, and LordPivot emerged from the temple. He escaped South America from frightened and fearful settlers that attacked him and fled to the Canadian Rockies, where he learnt to develop his powers and lived off the wildlife native there.

-The year 1914 came and with it the Great War. LordPivot, now 28, was beginning to notice that he wasn't ageing anymore. He travelled to Britain to seek advice on his 'gifts' and was soon captured by the military and used as a weapon against the Central Powers. He was sent to fight ahead of the trenches and carve paths through enemy lines to secure locations. During the war he made few friends, but those he did make he kept close.

-After the war he left France for Asia, and learnt various Martial Arts. Though, because of impatience he couldn't keep up his training. The entire time he kept his abilities a secret from the trainers. Except for one time, one of the High Masters approached him about the matter, and offered to make him a cape, in return for the destruction of a tribe that has bothered his people. He done so, his mind becoming ever so more in termoil with all of the lives he was killing. The High Master had the cape forged of a flexible silk, stronger than steel, lighter than armour that the darkness would wrap itself around.

-LordPivot lived in isolation for the following 18 years from 1924 until 1940 in Norway. When the second world war seen the Axis forces invade the country. LordPivot grew fond of the people and fought to protect them, but was ultimately forced from the country when some of the people had thought it was him that caused the Axis to come to them. He was stopped on his way to Sweden by Allied naval forces, but laid waste to the squadron after they attempted to detain him and continued to Sweden to hide until 1944, where after being convinced by a source, joined the allied advance into Europe after the D-day landings of June 6th. He took part in the front lines of the Battle of the Bulge.

-During the Cold War, LordPivot had been ever more increasing his powers. Little did he know, he was being searched for by a secret government group known as the 'Hunters'. Whilst in the Middle East in the year 1957 he was nearly captured by the group but managed to escape their grasp. He fled to Western Europe and frequently encountered more members of the Hunters. He did not know what their purpose was so he begun to search for their motives for wanting him.

-LordPivot continued to develop his abilities on his own, the isolation getting to his head, and developed minor mental dissorders. He begun to hallucinate dark creatures. He noticed that his eyes were beginning to tint red, and glow slightly. He was becoming slightly worried with what laid inside him. He travelled to many ancient buildings and searched all over the globe for the cure to his illness. The darkness inside him was not intent of being quelled, so it begun to fight LordPivot's mind. Over the years, LordPivot continued to search for a cure, well into the 21st century, but with each passing day the darkness fought his personality.

LordPivot discovered a community in the 2013 known as Darkdemon, he was welcomed here by many as they had a similar past to him. Knowing he was still being chased by the Hunters he thought it best to stay with the members of DD. All of the time his mental state deteriorated.

-It was now a race to find a cure before it took him over completely...

Summary:
-LordPivot was born in 1886. He became infected with a 'darkness' in a temple of South America in 1901. He hid in the Canadian Rockies, and then fought in WW1 on the side of the Entente.
-He then travelled to Asia where he learnt various forms of Martial Arts (only partially) until a cape was constructed for him by a mentor.
-He lived in Norway by the time Axis forces invaded and was forced to leave by the natives. He took refuge in Sweden for the rest of the war.
-Begins to be hunted by a secret government organisation called the 'Hunters'.
-He continued to develop his abilities during the Cold War and it started to affect his health. He decided he needed to find a cure.
-Joined an organisation called Darkdemon in 2013.
-And so he spent from then to the present day searching for the cure before the darkness takes him over completely.

Special Abilities:
-Manipulates darkness, primarily his cape, but can change and warp shadows etc.

Fighting style
-Uses his powers to fight and normally doesn't use hand-hand. His hand-hand abilities are moderate but not reliable.
-He fights with a certain confidence that many other may not have. He seems certain in his abilities.

Strengths
-Comfortable and powerful in the darkness.
-Intelligent and very clever.

Weaknesses
-Playful with his foes. Toys with them and unknowingly allows them to learn his attack patterns and so forth.
- Vulnerable in the light, he can only use his hand-hand combat in the light.

Stats
Strength: 6
Agility: 6
Defense: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5

[b]Demo

---
(Soon to be)
Last edited by Lord on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Finom » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Might as well be this way for me.. It's be a while before I can match anybody's current animating skills here >.>
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Anton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:11 am

So far, only Gary hasn't presented his character yet.

You may look for a team name too.
Last edited by Anton on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:14 am

Anton wrote:So far, only Gary hasn't presented his character yet.

He sent me a message a couple of days ago, he'll have it all done and posted for Sunday. ;)
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Franklin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:58 pm

I don't think you completely went over what we are actually animating. Am I animating my character vs Anton's character, then when I give it to Devildog he animates his vs tuna's?
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Anton » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:31 pm

No.

What we will be doing is one file per team.
Each team has to put their character against the opponent of your choice (from the other team, obviously).
You can even put 2 characters against 1, or 1 v 2, but at least you should shows many of your character's abilities.

You can decide with your team what will happen next in the file (use skype or whatever), who can take the file, adding frames, editing stuff, etc...

And the final result is your team beating up the other team.

But first, we'll need to have all characters available for download, so all the stickmen are the same, and then we can all begin.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Organization