TDD Clan Wars! - Problems... this mightn't work out

Organise your Collabs, Joints, Pivot Wars, and finding Mentors here.

Moderator: Rank Team

TDD Clan Wars! - Problems... this mightn't work out

Postby Lord » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Okay, now, I think this didn't work last time, because of inactivity and so and so forth. But I think now is a good time to do this due to it being Summer and people being around a bit more.

So I'm suggesting a small RHG arena.

I'm not used to organising stuff like this and only have a basic idea of how these RHG things work but alas!...

Nothing too big at the moment. But I want to get started with maybe having 2 teams, each possibly having 4 members.

Now I'm told this is the yolk where you make your character, so copy and paste what's there and change it to your own;
http://pastebin.com/8DN0se0G#
Also, be sure to put your character description in a spoiler for obvious reasons.

To ensure this does not fail, only 8 people will be randomnly selected out of applicants. Too large a number will get tricky and could fall apart. Just keeping it simple for now.

Also, if you wish, make a scenario for the fight to be held between the first two teams. Such as;
Code: Select all
large cluttery factory, with parts for machines being created and assembled.

This will be randomnly selected too.

:The FIGHT:
Now
what's going to happen here is a massive joint!

Okay, not that joint, but a joint inbetween members passing along the animation from whoever was the first randomly chosen for each team to the last. Say Bob was chosen first for Team 1, that means Bob goes first for that team, and say Jim was chosen last for that team, that means Jim goes last for that team.

Talk with your team, and decide how you want the fight to go, just make it clear that your team won the fight.

:Judges and judgement:
-Sifter-
-Firecracker-
-Senzo-

Your entries will be judged on creativity and quality

The winners will get their mark as the best clan of DD!...
Okay, okay, okay, a prize will be decided later for the winning team.

:Rules:
Yeah, yeah, I know, but there has to be rules.

1. Size must be of a 16:9 ratio, as always.
2. The order must go from first to last chosen, and make it clear who animated each part, by adding your name at the bottom right or left corner of the screen. (preferably if you go the opposite corner from who animated last)
3. There is no frame limit to the animation.
4. You have from the time of when the teams are formed, scenario is given and characters are all made until August 23rd to complete your animation.

Leave your name down if you want to join, and I'll stop accepting applicants on the 9th of June
No need to be making your character just yet, if you aren't accepted.

:Teams:
:Team 1:
Tuna (Inter)
Devildog
FourAcross
Darkness Nebula

:Team 2:
Anton,
Root,
LordPivot,
Mat.

:Scenarios:
:Team 1:
Farmyard, one large house, barn, fields of corn, some cattle and chicken, tractor, clear day, no clouds.

:Team 2:
The moon and possibly a space station.

Hope this works out, and please tell me if I've missed anything, I haven't made anything like this at all yet.
Good luck guys. ;)
Last edited by Lord on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:46 am, edited 24 times in total.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: RHG Clans! - ACCEPTING APPLICANTS!

Postby Franklin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:35 pm

I'd call it something other than rhg, considering that's a SP only thing and this isn't really part of that.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Gary » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:19 pm

I'll post my character here within the next week or so, but I'm in.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOffline
Woa
Woa

Postby Mat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I already made a character a while back so why not.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Llama » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:48 pm

This, I wish to be a part of.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:41 am

Alright, thanks for the suggestions, and all of your names are added for the applicants.
I'm adding myself as an applicant too.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: TDD Clan Wars! - ACCEPTING APPLICANTS!

Postby Anton » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 am

Feminist MatCokeAddiction. (forgot your real name XD)
It's Root.

Add me in, I really want to do something this summer.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:32 am

Done.

Also, I've got Sifter and Firecracker on to judge.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Leo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:14 am

Add me in too bruh.
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Four » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:20 am

I'll attempt it.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Finom » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm in. If I make it, this will be a great way to practice for my PBA :)
I'll probably finish my stuff and come check on this tomorrow :P

Edit: Will we actually have to make demos? :/
EditEdit: Shouldn't this be in the Pivot Organization section, not the Pivot Chat section?
EditEditEdit: Even though I might not get in, I had a little free time :P (Not completely finished, and might change some things up)
Spoiler:
Epoch

Alias: Epoch
Name: Unknown

Backstory
There is nothing truly known about Epoch, but it has been said that he is robot, created by an alchemist who created Epoch to guard the secrets of transmuting common metals into gold. However, Epoch's programing was corrupt, and soon killed his creator and all other alchemists, in order to guard the secrets of alchemy. He has been wandering the world for the last hundred years, killing anybody in his way to find those who can use alchemy.

Special Abilities:
Vibrokinesis – Can manipulate and create vibrations
Ergokinetic Combat – Ergokinetic combat is the ability to fuse physical combat with energy, and in this case, vibrations and power waves.
Phasing – By quickly vibrating his molecules, it can allow him to 'phase' through objects temporarily, allowing him to pull out bullets from wounds, disable machines by destroying the inside, etc.
Epoch – As a last resort, Epoch will use his final and most devastating ability, to vibrate items around him so rapidly and violently, they shatter, and even combust. However, after doing this, it renders him completely useless.

Fighting style
After traveling throughout the world for several centuries, Epoch is capable of various fighting techniques. However, Epoch has no powerful long range defense. His vibrational attacks scale down with range, so anything at a ranger further than 15 feet will feel little to no effect, unless he uses a powerful attack. Epoch is a heavy fighter, because at close range he likes to channel energy into each of his attacks (see Ergokinetic Combat above). Epoch can also create shock-waves and minor scale earthquakes when he feels necessary.

Strengths
- Heavy hitter.
- He possesses a lot experience in hand to hand combat.
- Can create shock-waves.
- Can phase through small objects or attacks, allowing minor defense.

Weaknesses
-Long range can easily harm him if he doesn't notice you
-After dealing out massive damage, he is usually left vulnerable, which makes him a bad combatant to face several enemies at once.
- No long range
- No armor

Stats
Strength: 7
Agility: 4
Defense: 4
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 1

Demo

[img]Im-Still-Waiting-For-A-Response-From-Lord-Pivot.gif[/img]
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Mat » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 pm

^ you're right. Thanks for pointing that out, moved.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Franklin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:00 pm

FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Lord » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:35 am

Added Hypemaster,
also, as I said, there was no need to make a character yet, as only 8 will be accepted and thought maybe the characters should be made after the selection.

Secondly, can I see some scenarios too? One from each person please. Nothing too complex, or long, just a sentence should do. Here's mine;
"Farmyard, one large house, barn, fields of corn, some cattle and chicken, tractor, clear day, no clouds."

Thirdly, today's the last day for applications, I'll stop applications from entering later on today. About 10PM GMT
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Finom » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am

LordPivot wrote:Added Hypemaster,
also, as I said, there was no need to make a character yet, as only 8 will be accepted and thought maybe the characters should be made after the selection.

Secondly, can I see some scenarios too? One from each person please. Nothing too complex, or long, just a sentence should do. Here's mine;
"Farmyard, one large house, barn, fields of corn, some cattle and chicken, tractor, clear day, no clouds."

Thirdly, today's the last day for applications, I'll stop applications from entering later on today. About 10PM GMT

Well, this might be used for my PBAm so yeah..
Also, for a background, I'm thinking something like an urban city at night, and possibly the sewers :P
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Next

Return to Animation Organization