DDG - PAIRS HAVE BEEN MADE

Organise your Collabs, Joints, Pivot Wars, and finding Mentors here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: DDG[Sign Ups] - [???]

Postby Llama » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:06 pm

- Flint Locke -
Ability:Has an infinite arsenal of single-shot flintlock firearms that can be summoned at will. Guns can either be used by hand or telepathically. Multiple guns can be wielded at the same time. Some guns appear equipped with bayonets, but this appearance is random and unpredictable.

Weakness:Guns are susceptible to the same problems as any other weapon of their type; misfires, failure to fire, poor long range accuracy, etc. Summoning a large amount of guns at once will tire Locke out and he will not be able to summon any more for 5 minutes. Will not engage in close quarters combat unless absolutely necessary, and only if a bayonet-equipped gun is present as well.

Weapon:Any sort of single-shot flintlock gun; blunderbuss, dragoon, arquebus, musketoon, etc. Bayonet if it appears with the gun.

Backstory:lol idk

Shitty Demo:

Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6i6xxu
Last edited by Llama on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Hype wrote:Does the petrifying ability have any cooldown or weakness? Otherwise he'll simply just freeze the opponent and beat the crap out of the enemy because they can't move.

You do bring up a good point. I am gong to add that your character shouldn't be OP.

Ill add you LkPB but you should add some sort of limit to his petrifying or something like that, otherwise, its a pretty good character.

And wow Llama, I like that fighter. Added
The Team | The Rules | My Thread
"If anime is what makes animation big again I fear for the future." ~Caleb

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby Omega » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Llama your character reminds me a lot of Mami from Madoka Magica, and i love it.
OmegaOffline
Hymen Bustah
VIP

Postby TθPS » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:30 am

I really want to join this, but i'm too lazy to animate the demo, i got the data for my char tho
this is what he look like

i've got 223 frames for the demo, i need to finish my other project before animate my demo
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby Llama » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:34 am

Cunt Crusader wrote:Llama your character reminds me a lot of Mami from Madoka Magica, and i love it.

I was wondering if anyone would notice. I actually didn't even notice the similarity until near the end of animating the demo lol

Tops620 wrote:i've got 223 frames for the demo

This better be a kickass demo
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:57 am

Tops620 wrote:i've got 223 frames for the demo, i need to finish my other project before animate my demo

Woah.... Pls, don't overwhelm yourself. All I ask is hat you demonstrate what your character can do. I don't want you to fall off of your other projects because you tried to over do it with your demo. I can't wait to see your character tho.

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby TθPS » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:02 am

Ray wrote:
Tops620 wrote:i've got 223 frames for the demo, i need to finish my other project before animate my demo

Woah.... Pls, don't overwhelm yourself. All I ask is hat you demonstrate what your character can do. I don't want you to fall off of your other projects because you tried to over do it with your demo. I can't wait to see your character tho.

no, no, no. I'm gonna use this character as my DDG, RHG, Dojo duels, Etc. So it's gonna be bad ass

Llama wrote:
Tops620 wrote:i've got 223 frames for the demo

This better be a kickass demo

You betcha
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby LkPB » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:31 am

Ray wrote:
Hype wrote:Does the petrifying ability have any cooldown or weakness? Otherwise he'll simply just freeze the opponent and beat the crap out of the enemy because they can't move.

You do bring up a good point. I am gong to add that your character shouldn't be OP.

Ill add you LkPB but you should add some sort of limit to his petrifying or something like that, otherwise, its a pretty good character.

Actually, he cannot petrify when it's too cold or too hot. So elemental fighters (even nature itself) using Fire and Water/Ice can neutralize it, and he has just his melee skill to fight.

It would be nice that we could add some weaknesses as well. Then the fights would be more challenging. (=
how you going?
Thread / YouTube
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
LkPBOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Leo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:05 am

LkPB wrote:
Ray wrote:

Actually, he cannot petrify when it's too cold or too hot. So elemental fighters (even nature itself) using Fire and Water/Ice can neutralize it, and he has just his melee skill to fight.

It would be nice that we could add some weaknesses as well. Then the fights would be more challenging. (=

LkPB is right. Llama you should add some weakness to your DDG.
LeoOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby Cheese » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:43 pm

LkPB wrote:

Neutralizing his ability would be interesting, I can already see how my character would circumvent your attacks.
CheeseOffline
i'm nicole now
VIP

Postby elixir » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:55 am

- Silica -
-Image-
- silicas ability is to spawn / manipulate glass, he can spawn glass weapons, use glass as a shield.
strengths: very good in hand to hand combat, glass is very effective, very smart
weaknesses:very hot, or very cold items hurt silica greatly, cannot spawn infinite amounts of glass, if he does this as a last effort it will most likely kill him -
- Backstory - (Optional)
-Image-
finished in 30 mins ^
- download: http://speedy.sh/qjP7J/ddgdemo.piv -
elixirOffline
VIP

Postby Ray » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:03 am

Hey guys, just wanted to say that everyone is encouraged to practice their characters in other animations. And I don't have a problem with you guys posting them here and asking for other people's opinions on them or maybe tweaking you characters. We've got lots of time on our hands because people are still submitting... And working on other things.

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Postby TθPS » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:23 am

what about clan and tournament
TθPSOffline
­Tthetaops
­Tthetaops

Postby Ray » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:19 am

Tops620 wrote:what about clan and tournament

This isn't a clan because usually clans crash and fall pretty badly. And plus, I'd say we are not nearly active enough to even think about sustaining even 1 clan. And this isn't a tournament really because its one round. DDG was just my idea to get some people ready for SvR. Once it is finished I am going to ask that it be locked... But sometime next year if we are still active I'll host DDG2.

Also, made a poll. Was wondering how many people would be able to or wanted to start sooner or later.

Shadow Lith Survivor
RayOffline
Mindless Soul
Forum Helper

Re: DDG[Sign Ups] - Shall We Begin? [Poll]

Postby Lord » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:54 am

Many of us have school or work and such.
It should probably wait until during Christmas.

Name: LordPivot/Stephen Flax
Height: 6 feet/183 cm

Backstory
-Stephen was born to the son of an Irish explorer in the year 1886. He accompanied his father from the age of 12 on many of his adventures. They travelled far and wide, all over the globe. In the year of 1901 at the age of 15, him and his father travelled deep inland South America. His father was eager to find a mythical dark 'force' that lay in cased in a hidden temple. They fought many natives to reach it, but soon found it. His father, desperately wanting it, for reasons more than just for study, pried open the chest that it was contained in,he was killed by the darkness. It disintegrated him on the spot. Instead, the darkness seen Stephen, and noticed how innocent and true the boy was, and corrupted him with itself. The temple shook, and forest half a kilometer in radius was blackened and infected immediately, and LordPivot emerged from the temple. He escaped South America from frightened and fearful natives that attacked him and fled to the Canadian Rockies, where he learnt to develop his powers and lived off the wildlife native there.

-The year 1914 came and with it the Great War. LordPivot, now 28, was beginning to notice that he wasn't ageing anymore, he had the same appearance he had several years ago. He travelled to Britain to seek advice on his 'gifts' and was soon captured by the military and used as a weapon against the Central Powers. He was sent to fight ahead of the trenches and carve paths through enemy lines to secure locations. During the war he made few friends, but those he did make he kept close.

-After the war he left Europe for Asia, and learnt various Martial Arts. Though, because of impatience he couldn't keep up his training. The entire time he kept his abilities a secret from the trainers. Excepe, one of the High Masters approached him about the matter, after noticing a red tint begin to emerge in his eyes, and offered to make him a cape, in return for the destruction of a tribe that has bothered his people. He done so, his mind becoming ever so more in termoil with all of the lives he was killing. The High Master had the cape forged of a flexible silk, like a vessel, that the darkness would wrap itself around.

-LordPivot lived in isolation for the following 18 years from 1924 until 1940 in Norway, living in a rural forest, helping with lumber. When the second world war seen the Axis forces invade the country. LordPivot grew fond of the people and fought to protect them, but was ultimately forced from the country when some of the people had thought it was him that brought danger to them. He fled to Denmark to hide until 1944, where after being convicned to by a source, joined the Allied advance into Europe after the D-day landings of June 6th. He took part in the front lines of the Battle of the Bulge.

-During the Cold War, LordPivot had been ever more increasing his powers. LordPivot was, however, being tracked and spyed on by WRAITH (Worldwide Research into Abnormal Incidents of Terrestrial Hearings). Whilst in the Middle East in the year 1957 he was nearly captured by the group but managed to escape their grasp. He fled to Western Europe and frequently encountered more members of WRAITH. He did not know what their purpose was so he begun to search for their motives for wanting him.

-LordPivot continued to develop his abilities on his own, the isolation getting to his head, and developed minor mental dissorders. He begun to hallucinate dark creatures. He was becoming worried with what festered inside him. He travelled to many ancient buildings and searched all over the globe for the cure to his illness. The darkness inside him was not intent of being quelled, so it begun to fight LordPivot's mind. Over the years, LordPivot continued to search for a cure, well into the 21st century, but with each passing day the darkness fought his personality.

-LordPivot encounted WRAITH again in 2013, and after LP discovers WRAITHs true intentions, he joins them. They go on to attempt to capture Faust, however convince Faust to be on to their side, and also bail Milkman from prison. All of the time his mental state deteriorated.

TL:DR
-LordPivot was born in 1886. He became infected with a 'darkness' in a temple of South America in 1901. He hid in the Canadian Rockies, and then fought in WW1 on the side of the Entente.
-He then travelled to Asia where he learnt various forms of Martial Arts (only partially) until a cape was constructed for him by a mentor.
-He lived in Norway by the time Axis forces invaded and was forced to leave by the natives. He joined the Allied advance into Europe in June 1944.
-Begins to be hunted by a secret government organisation called 'WRAITH'.
-He continued to develop his abilities during the Cold War and it started to affect his health. He decided he needed to find a cure.
-Joined WRAITH in 2013, Faust and Milkman join soon after.
-Continues to search for supernatural entities with WRAITH

Special Abilities:
-Manipulates darkness, primarily his cape, but can change and warp dark matter, shadows etc.

Fighting style
-Uses his powers to fight and normally doesn't use hand-hand. His hand-hand abilities are moderate but not reliable.
-He fights with a certain concentration that many other may not have. He can often let his powers get on top of him, and forget to be intelligent, and attack ruthlessly

Strengths
-Comfortable and powerful in the darkness.
-Intelligent and very clever.

Weaknesses
-Playful with his foes. Toys with them and unknowingly allows them to learn his attack patterns and so forth.
- Vulnerable in the light. Can only use hand-to-hand in these situations.

Stats
Strength: 4
Agility: 6
Defense: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5

Couldn't be arsed to make a demo so here's a thing I did with Anton a long while back;
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Organization