Stick Editor Ideas and Suggestions

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Stick Editor Ideas and Suggestions

Postby neilhavkin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Hello fellow Pivot animators and enthusiasts,

My name is Neil. I have been recently struck with many good ideas for features in future versions of Pivot. I think that many other people have good ideas. So I have created this thread so people can share their ideas. Who knows, maybe even the great creator, Peter Bone, will read this thread and implement these features in future iterations of Pivot.

My ideas are mostly for the stick editor. In the bottom lefthand corner of the stick editor are a set of values for each segment you draw. I think that in addition to being able to change these values by dragging the segment handle while in "edit mode," you should be able to edit each value individually by typing it in to make precision stick editing easier.

That is just one of my many ideas and I believe if it were implemented in the next update of Pivot, it would be easier to animate.

Thanks for reading,

- Neil
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Re: Stick Editor Ideas and Suggestions

Postby peterbone » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:50 am

Thanks for your email. I may consider this idea if others think it would be useful. Your other idea about sliding segments I think would be over complex and not particularly useful.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Re: Stick Editor Ideas and Suggestions

Postby neilhavkin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:58 am

peterbone wrote:Thanks for your email. I may consider this idea if others think it would be useful. Your other idea about sliding segments I think would be over complex and not particularly useful.

I'm just curious, but how many lines of code did it take to make Pivot?
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Return to Animation Chat / Resources