The King of Combos (Vote in the Poll)

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Who is the King of Combos?

Lithium
37%
Senzo
13%
Firecracker
50%

Total votes : 38

Re: The King of Combos

Postby SIFTER » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:38 am

Personally speaking, I think that his combos were well crafted, to be honest. There were other animations where he's had some pretty badass combos. One of them was in the anonymous section.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lithium » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 am

He's a very good animator and since I don't give two shits about pivot, he would of overtaken me by agess in that area. If you break down his fighting stickfigure style, there is so much technically wrong it's not even funny. From a pivot stand point, since you guys are addicted to smoothness and whatever pose looks good, then you guys probably can't see anything wrong.

But his poses would have very little to nothing to relate to in a real fight. As in, no relevance to real combat, just a bunch of fancy looking poses and smooth spacing to make it eye pleasing. There's also no dynamic spacing. It's all one dimensional to please the crowd of people here no doubt.

Firecracker is the better out of the two in that area. Seriously Daniel, atleast say he will kill me. Be reasonable.
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Juke » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:50 am

This PW needs to be done....
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Lithium » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:28 am

My OCD tendency is also kicking in. I just read Senzo's fighting tutorial in the tutorial section - and he's got the right idea which shows he's a smart guy. As in, he's right about snapping the punches, putting bodyweight into it and keeping the limbs loose. Although the concepts are right, it's animated totally wrong in the examples he made. Especially that power body shot example. He released the punch midway during his legs crossing over, his legs were going ridiculously slow compared to the upper body, and there was no balance. In real life this would result in a weak punch and someone counter-punching the bajebus out of you.
Like I said, he's a great animator in terms of PIVOT terms. Smoothness, effects, backgrounds and cool ideas. Probably the best animator around on this site at the moment. However, he obviously hasn't done much combat sports - and if he has, doesn't know how to apply it to an animation

Firecracker on the other had has a very good idea in that aspect. He shuffles the weight of the figures legs using the typical boxing/MMA footwork and wide stance. The only downfall to him is that his poses go completely ballistic especially during big chain combinations. He will bend the limbs (Knees) in an impossible manner to fit in the making it look visually appealing and smooth. Whilst doing this, sacrificing power and body momentum just for the sake of making it look good in pivot.
That is really his only downfall in terms of animating fighting.

In terms of pivot, I'm not saying I'm better then them. I quit making anything serious years ago. This is a new era, they have pivot 4 and it's way easier to make everything visually appealing and much more advanced knowledge has accumulated into modern animators in terms of stuff. However, in terms of basics in fighting, meeh. (thumbsdown
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Juke » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 am

Lithium make us a fighting tut :)
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Lithium » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

I'll make an animation tomorrow to prove my reign Juke (cheesygrin
LithiumOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Daniël » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 am

ITT oldfags talking about how good they are even though they haven't used Pivot in years.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Postby Juke » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 am

Ye all you guys are now are rusty old fags.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby tuna » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:58 am

tbh im pretty good with combos sometimes
i need to make a balls to the wall combo only raw fighting animation one day to prove this, but i can.
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Amir » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:41 am

What about me? I'm pretty decent/good I think. Now I think Firecracker and Ussay are the best. Ussay's combos look funny and weird at times but still cool. Like in his DDC and Pee vs Poo.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Sharpshooter » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 pm

The king of combos comes down to Justin, Lith and Firecracker. They have better styles accompanying the combos and they know how to add power, speed and proper reactions when necessary and those 3 things are most important in combo-ing imho, something Senzo lacks in, although he has amazing choreographed movements and cinematics so he is still a fine animator.
SharpshooterOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Mori » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:59 am

I think that senzo and firecracker are the masters of combos
MoriOffline
PASS PASS PASS
PASS PASS PASS

Postby Mat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:42 am

poll up
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Daniël » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:59 am

I'm so tempted to just vote anything, but Lithium.

But I'm gonna stay out of this one.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Re: The King of Combos (Vote in the Poll)

Postby Kermit » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Voted for Senzo because this website lacks shitstorms.
KermitOffline
The Frog
The Frog

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Chat / Resources