FFA reupload

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

FFA reupload

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:48 am

I've been looking around on my PC for a while now for my FFA and finally found it.
I'm going to replace my FFA on my Youtube channel with this one.

Question is, how do I get the quality to stay high? What do I have to do to keep the file at it's best quality?

Edit: Got the video uploaded, the quality is a little better, still a few faulty colours but I think it's a lot more beareable than last time.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Lord on Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: AVI best video quality

Postby Four » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:02 am

Giff it then put it in a video editing software.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:04 am

Can't. It's well too large, so when I go into WMM the thing crashes. Besides, AVI is meant to be the best one for uploading things to Youtube isn't it?
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Four » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:06 am

What about Vegas pro?
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 am

Nope, sorry, only using for basic things here, I'd get my own laptop or whatever and get more advanced things, but for the moment I'm using the family computer, which is 10 years old or more, full to the brim with junk and viruses and really, really slow.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Four » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:09 am

Oh, then i can't help. I don't know nufink.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:10 am

It's best to use lossless lagarith codec (if that's the right name) to export your .avi files because it exports it at best quality. You can notice some slight fps increase, but that's about it. If you're aiming for quality, that's what you're looking for.
http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:17 am

Installed and saving the animation now,
Thanks Sif :D
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Alca » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 am

Sifter wrote:It's best to use lossless lagarith codec (if that's the right name) to export your .avi files because it exports it at best quality. You can notice some slight fps increase, but that's about it. If you're aiming for quality, that's what you're looking for.
http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

I also use Lagarith for rendering videos. UTVideo isn't a bad codec either but Lagarith probably provides the best quality.

"Whenever people see birds flying through the sky, it's said that they get the urge to go on a journey.".

MAL / Steam / Youtube /
Bandcamp
AlcaOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Location: Six hundred and sixty light-years away - gliding among the clouds of interstellar star stuff.

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:54 am

No, something's not right. This error message is popping up only shortly after the save starts.
I done one save of the animation without Lagarith and it saved fine. Then I installed Lagarith and try a save but it gives this message. I uninstalled it and tried to save again but it's not working.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby SIFTER » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:59 am

Maybe you just don't have enough memory in your HD?
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:05 pm

dunno'. I'm just going to tinker until I get something productive. It's worked in the past. :)
Edit: Doing a save now, without Lagarith, it's going almost halfway there already. It stopped a few bars from the start the last time.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: FFA reupload

Postby Lord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:15 pm

For those of you who wanted better quality, here you have it.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Return to Animation Chat / Resources