LlamaPIVOT's Sprite Shoppe - Kukri Knives

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

What Should I Make?

Firearms
35%
Mechs, Robots, Droids, etc.
15%
Bladed Weapons
45%
Vehicles
5%

Total votes : 20

LlamaPIVOT's Sprite Shoppe - Kukri Knives

Postby Llama » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:32 pm

So I was messing around with MS Paint, and after a couple of hours that could've been better spent doing something productive and beneficial to myself and my community, I figured I should start making some stuff. So yeah...useless backstory! I'll be making sprites of stuff; whatever I feel like making, or whatever you guys feel like, I'll make. Come on in, the shop's open!

FICTIONAL FIREARMS

A pack of fictional guns I thought up and made. Six types of weapons are included:

1. MPR-40 Rifle

Spoiler:

2. APL-30 Grenade Launcher

Spoiler:

3. G56 Light Machine Gun

Spoiler:

4. MAPS Launcher

Spoiler:

5. SV9 Shotgun

Spoiler:
Image]

6. CQ-2 Sub-Machine Gun

Spoiler:

All firearms have their own attachments system that can mount sights, grips, barrel attachments; kind of like Krovavaya Luna's or Waffles Mgee's weapon packs (credits to both for using their weapons as examples and templates for me to guide myself on). The attachments system is supposed to coincide with Krovavaya Luna's attachments that they have provided at their own thread.

*NEW* Download Link Below *NEW*

FICTIONAL PRECISION FIREARMS + OPTICS

A pack of fictional weapons that would normally be applied to long-range combat, essentially sniper rifles and Designated Marksman Rifles. Included are three different firearms:

1. C50 "Beowulf"

Spoiler:

2. M170 ABR

Spoiler:

3. M300 Sniper Rifle

Spoiler:

Along with the weapons themselves, there is also a coinciding pack of optical attachments specifically made for these weapons. All are interchangeable with the three firearms shown and are also compatible with every other firearm made thus far. Four optics are available, two of which are able to attach to one another to form a hybrid sight.

Spoiler:

Fictional Precision Firearms Download Link Below

Optical Attachments Download Link Below

Fictional Sidearms

No combat load-out is complete without a dependable secondary weapon, the variety of which may include pistols and machine pistols. Included in the pack are both varieties:

1. CAP-45 Pistol

Spoiler:

2. MC4 Machine Pistol

Spoiler:

3. TCP-40 Pistol

Spoiler:

4. CQI-94 Machine Pistol

Spoiler:

In this pack, I've tried my hand at color toning and textural details. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, and it was actually pretty fun to do. While I'm satisfied with my work now, there's always room for improvement. If there's anything you notice or think would help if I fixed it, please let me know.

Fictional Sidearms Download Link Below

World War 2 Weapons And Vehicles

The war that saw Earth divided in conflict, the war that saw the rise and fall of the world's most extreme fascist, the war that helped shape the modern world. These are the weapons and vehicles of that war

This pack was a collaboration between myself and Lord Pivot. I created the weapons and Lord Pivot created the vehicles. Enjoy the spoils, and animate some carnage.

World War 2 Mega Pack Download Link Below

CIC-12 Shotgun

The "Combat International Corporation, Model 12", or CIC-12, is a 10 round, helical magazine-fed, automatic bulpup shotgun intended for military and law enforcement purposes in the late 21st Century and early 22nd Century. Made by the Combat International Corporation (CIC) in the middle of the 21st Century, this weapon has found a role as a close-range primary weapon issued to military soldiers, private military companies, and various law enforcement agencies around the world. Using a sophisticated buffer and gas redirection system, along with heavy use of polymers, makes this weapon light in regards to weight and felt recoil, while dishing out tremendous firepower at the same time.

Spoiler:

CIC-12 Shotgun Download Link Below

Christmas Special: SANTA-56 Assault Rifle

Because the holiday season is coming around the corner, and as suggested by FourAcross, I made a Christmas-themed weapon, the SANTA-56.
Comes with stylized Christmas camouflage and decorations, magazine decals, and a candy-cane gas tube. A very fun one to make, and one that I'm very proud of. Enjoy my seasonal gift to you, and happy holidays!

Spoiler:

SANTA-56 Assault Rifle Download Link Below

Christmas Special 2.0: SANTA-56 Assault Rifle 2.0

As requested by Beastal Rage, A variation upon the original weapon has been made. Included is a different color scheme for the camouflage (red, black, and white), and a small Santa Claus decal slapped onto the bottom. Not sure what to really make of the decal...use it as a very ineffective fore-grip or...something. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

SANTA-56 Assault Rifle 2.0 Download Link Below

Christmas Special 2.5: Double Firepower

Another seasonal gift to you all. Two new weapons: The "Mistletoe" pistol and the "Merry-Maker" shotgun. Both come with two different camouflage color schemes to suit your needs. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

[Double Firepower Christmas Pack Download Link Below

MU-51C Rifle

Just something for giggles. This was made with parts and pieces from different musical/music-related instruments and tools. Parts include a miniature vinyl record player, a set of piano keys, a trumpet grip and barrel, speakers, and a volume gauge. Enjoy!

Spoiler:

MU-51C Rifle Download Link Below

Kukri Knives

Something to stabby stabby poke stuff with. Batteries not included.

Kukri Knives Download Link Below

Last edited by Llama on Tue May 26, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 15 times in total.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Re: 115PIVOT's Sprite Shoppe - Fictional Firearms

Postby Four » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:29 pm

That actually looks pretty cool.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:40 am

Looks quite interesting. I wonder, are these weapons inspired by other weapons from somewhere? The shotgun looks like some sort of future variant of Saiga-12, the rocket launcher kind of reminds me of M72 LAW, and the SMG kind of makes me think of the M27 or M4 Carbine.

Some things I feel I should mention: when I downloaded the weapons, I saw that the weapons' names were all generic. Perhaps give these weapons unique names? Also, SMGs are characterized by firing pistol cartridges; I'm not sure whether you intended the "SMG" to be an actual SMG or a carbine but, to me, the width of the magazine seems to suggest it's meant to be a carbine.

I look forward to seeing more sprites and, perhaps, eventually seeing this thread grow from six weapons to a large collection of weapons.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Lord » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:47 pm

These... actually are pretty good.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Krovavaya Luna wrote:Looks quite interesting. I wonder, are these weapons inspired by other weapons from somewhere? The shotgun looks like some sort of future variant of Saiga-12, the rocket launcher kind of reminds me of M72 LAW, and the SMG kind of makes me think of the M27 or M4 Carbine.

Some things I feel I should mention: when I downloaded the weapons, I saw that the weapons' names were all generic. Perhaps give these weapons unique names? Also, SMGs are characterized by firing pistol cartridges; I'm not sure whether you intended the "SMG" to be an actual SMG or a carbine but, to me, the width of the magazine seems to suggest it's meant to be a carbine.

I look forward to seeing more sprites and, perhaps, eventually seeing this thread grow from six weapons to a large collection of weapons.

A lot of these weapons do have their primary roots in specific weapons (I actually did base the shotgun off of the Saiga-12), but most are a mixture of different weapons put together (the rocket launcher was based off the M72 LAW, SMAW, and Stinger launchers).

I thought about making specific designations for the weapons, but I thought leave it generic unless someone told me otherwise. I'll probably put up a new link with designations given later.

The original SMG magazine was slightly thicker, so I thinned it down for the final product. I intended for the magazine to use rifle-casing pistol cartridges (like those fired from the MP7 or P90), and it took a bit of scaling to match it up. Anyway, glad you all like them. I'll be sure to make more stuff. (smile
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Re: 115PIVOT's Sprite Shoppe - Fictional Precision Firearms

Postby Llama » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:58 pm

*UPDATE*

Brand new set of packs created and released! This time it's sniper rifles and DMRs, perfectly suited for long-range combat. Besides the pack of firearms, there's also a pack of optics that are to be used alongside the weapons.

Also, the download link for the first Fictional Firearms pack has been updated with specific designations given to each weapon instead of generic terms for each weapon like SMG, LMG, etc. Hope you all enjoy!
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:58 am

Nice stuff, this. I'm happy to see some creativity going on. Something feels off though, about the weapons. Have you tried different shades of colour for different parts of the guns? You know, like, colour toning, that's what it's called.
Keep it up. :D
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

LordPivot wrote:Nice stuff, this. I'm happy to see some creativity going on. Something feels off though, about the weapons. Have you tried different shades of colour for different parts of the guns? You know, like, colour toning, that's what it's called.
Keep it up. :D

I have considered doing toning and shading for the sprites, but I don't feel like I'm at that level to do it properly yet. I'll probably try it for the next pack, and if not that one then the next one.
Last edited by Llama on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:25 pm

It doesn't even have to be too complicated, instead of keeping the toning tight, you could have it further away.
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:10 pm

*UPDATE*

New pack up for download. No load-out is complete without a sidearm, so here are some options. Tried out my hand at shading, toning, and texture for this one. All feedback is welcome. Hope you all enjoy!
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Four » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:23 pm

You and Lord Pivot should do a collaborate sort of thing. Like where you make world war 2 guns and he does the vehicles. Then you put it in a pack.
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Postby Llama » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:38 pm

FourAcross wrote:You and Lord Pivot should do a collaborate sort of thing. Like where you make world war 2 guns and he does the vehicles. Then you put it in a pack.

I've never thought about that before...sounds like it'd be really cool. I'll see what he thinks.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Lord » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:35 am

These are pretty good, I especially love the M170 ABR.
115PIVOT wrote:
FourAcross wrote:You and Lord Pivot should do a collaborate sort of thing. Like where you make world war 2 guns and he does the vehicles. Then you put it in a pack.

I've never thought about that before...sounds like it'd be really cool. I'll see what he thinks.

I don't know why keep spelling my name seperately, it's LordPivot, not Lord Pivot.

But agh, it's nothing too serious. :D

As for the collaboration, that sounds like a good idea. Would we have the combined file or whatever on both our threads?
Ma' thread
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Llama » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:05 am

Yeah, we should have the file on both our threads, unless you want to be the host or you want me to be host. It doesn't matter to me.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Four » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:32 am

Yea you should share the link with Lord Pivot
ok
FourOffline
VIP

Next

Return to Animation Chat / Resources