Pivot Animator's current state...

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Pivot Animator's current state...

Postby TaintedMythos » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:32 pm

So I wanted to get back into pivot after not using it for a few years, but when I went to pivotanimator.net google took me to a redirect page that said that the website contains malicious software. After doing a bit of digging, I found out that a lot of sources say that Pivot Animator contains malicious software. Can somebody confirm or deny that this is the case? I just want to make sure that I don't run the risk of infecting my computer with malware by downloading the software.
Thanks to anybody who can clear this up for me!

~TaintedMythos
TaintedMythosOffline

Re: Pivot Animator's current state...

Postby Gary » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Moving this to Pivot chat.

And yes, it is perfectly safe. When you're installing, just make sure not to install all the extra software if you dont want it and you'll be fine.
"You may think I am joking, but I will fuck you." -Mat
GaryOnline
woopeee
woopeee

Postby Franklin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:31 pm

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread. ... load-Pivot
I don't think it's definitively safe. Even Jeff is pretty wary of it, and it's a pretty good idea to listen what he says imo.
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby tuna » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:38 pm

tunaOffline

Postby TaintedMythos » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Dirty Child wrote:Image

Well that pretty much answers it! Thanks a ton! (cheesygrin
TaintedMythosOffline

Postby Jojishi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:37 am

I don't know if anyone's currently tried downloading it but I tried downloading 4.1.10, declined both things the installer tried to put on my compute and ended up with a bunch of malware. I've got this thing called Jungle Net all over my browser which I can't seem to use anymore even though I keep trying to remove the adware.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby Franklin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:33 pm

when Jeff and Waffles agree on something, though, shit doesn't lie

My school has pivot 4, though, so I'm wondering how they did that without any problems
FranklinOffline
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Krustalien » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 pm

I had to use IE to download it at all yesterday. Chrome simply wouldn't let me, which is retarded. It's pretty dodgy going through the installer, but just make sure you read it all carefully and skip all the adware and it's fine.
KrustalienOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Strider » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:07 pm

It's like an initiation ritual when you download pivot, you have to go through all the dodgy shit before having proven yourself worthy.
StriderOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby peterbone » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:25 pm

I have to apologise for the state of the website over the last few months. Google were not helpful at all and it seemed impossible to get them to unflag the site. The site and its contents is and always has met their software downloads criteria (https://goo.gl/WVTOxm). The offers in the installer are clearly labelled, can all be unselected during installation and are safe.

The good news is that after requesting them to review the site again (for about the 20th time) they finally came to their senses and unblocked the site. So you shouldn't see any warnings now from Chrome. Lets hope it stays that way.

Maybe someone could relay this message to the stickpage thread, thanks.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Marvilicious » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Hey Peter. Downloading the Pivot Beta is still not possible with Chrome. I had to download it with Internet Explorer and to install it I had to disable my Antivirus, which to be honest is not helping the program look or feel legitimate at all. But whatever, I finally have the Beta again with its neat features and that may lead me to animate a little again. Thanks for that!
MarviliciousOffline
Lurking cunt
VIP

Postby peterbone » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:53 am

Marvilicious wrote:Hey Peter. Downloading the Pivot Beta is still not possible with Chrome. I had to download it with Internet Explorer and to install it I had to disable my Antivirus, which to be honest is not helping the program look or feel legitimate at all. But whatever, I finally have the Beta again with its neat features and that may lead me to animate a little again. Thanks for that!

I'll be switching the beta version to a new installer soon, which will be v4.2.3 with some bug fixes. I'm waiting on the installer company to give me the go ahead. I understand that it makes the program look bad, but it seems to be a full time job to keep all the browsers and antivirus software from flagging it incorrectly and I don't have much time at the moment.

Edit: and finally they gave me the go ahead. So v4.2.3 beta is now available for download
https://pivotanimator.net/Download

Changes since v4.2.2:
FIXED Timestamps don't take repeated frames into account. Moved from timeline frame hint to frame label hint.
DONE Keep same figure selected when changing frame if it still exists. Last figure selected only. Not multi-selected figures.
FIXED Select multiple frames with same background and change background and remove background, then click on frame. Error.
FIXED Error when loading single colour sprite. Will now also load as opaque rather than invisible.
FIXED Scaled up sprites not sub-pixel correct when rotated. Piv files from previous versions may appear slightly different (if they contain very scaled up sprites).

Known issues:
Open animation, edit it, then open animation again and select save changes. Access violation. Will be fixed in the next release.

Please let me know if you find any problems. I'd like to make v4.2 the stable version soon.
peterboneOffline
Honorary
Honorary

Postby Finom » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:22 pm

I'd honestly prefer it if I could select multiple sticks with different frames, rather than re-selecting it every time. Then again, it's just my preference, but I'll stick with 4.2 for now.

Overall, I can't wait for Pivot 5!

Just don't take 20 years bby
FinomOffline
im ded
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 pm

peterbone wrote:
Marvilicious wrote:Hey Peter. Downloading the Pivot Beta is still not possible with Chrome. I had to download it with Internet Explorer and to install it I had to disable my Antivirus, which to be honest is not helping the program look or feel legitimate at all. But whatever, I finally have the Beta again with its neat features and that may lead me to animate a little again. Thanks for that!

I'll be switching the beta version to a new installer soon, which will be v4.2.3 with some bug fixes. I'm waiting on the installer company to give me the go ahead. I understand that it makes the program look bad, but it seems to be a full time job to keep all the browsers and antivirus software from flagging it incorrectly and I don't have much time at the moment.

I'm happy to hear you'll be switching it over to a new installer. I hope this one gives less problems and is also more user friendly.

The previous installer's bloatware didn't exactly give people confidence that their program was safe, specifically when adware pops up (even after checking/unchecking the correct boxes) or their anti-virus has to be disabled/ignore potential "threats". Just something to consider when thinking about the long-term here.

Looking forward to future versions of Pivot (especially Pivot 5!) and it's great to see you here again.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby .Luke » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:38 am

If you want, I have a pack full of bases that I gathered, since I came back animating a while ago and had none.
Here's the link, http://sta.sh/0xmms1mn5ct
Also credits for the creators of those bases, and some of them are mine but don't worry :D
.LukeOffline
Regular
Regular

Return to Animation Chat / Resources