Fighting Choreography

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Fighting Choreography

Postby Lord » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:25 pm

I look at animations like this one by Lithium...
phpBB [video]

...and I wonder how he gets every punch or kick to transition so well into the next and so on and on and on.
When I animate, I get off to a good start with a punch, or a kick, or both. Then, I get stuck, I'm left wondering..."Now what do I do?" and I end up having to delete the animation because I animated myself into a corner.

The question I'm asking here simply is
How to I make a good choreographed fight?

*Diagrams or examples would help in an answer*
thanks.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Re: Fighting Choreography

Postby Juke » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Moved to Pivot Chat-
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:24 am

Lith was a fucking nutter with pivot, he does those kicks with the legs fully straightened and they still look good.

best advice I can give is master flow. Out of all the "pivot essentials" of development flow provides the most noticeable difference because it removes 90 percent of your need to ease, and is honestly most of the reason people get inter.

Flow will help you chain your shit together and create combos more easily as well, because you'll be more used to consistent movement. Other than that just think about the effect a pose will have on the following action and chain your movements together in a way that makes it easier to execute the next one, that way you can avoid animating into one of those walls where by you have your base in some absurd fucking position.

I shouldn't talk because i'm fucking horrible at this but still ima run my mouth anyway yo.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby SIFTER » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:29 am

To make it short to you, just observe how people fight and key frame the initial poses in your mind to know which pose to do next then spacing comes afterward.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Return to Animation Chat / Resources