2015 04 26: The Arsenal - Butterfly Knife, Škorpion vz. 61

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

What weapon type do you want to see more of?

Assault Rifles/Carbines
13%
Battle Rifles
No votes
Designated Marksman Rifles
5%
Launchers/Explosives
3%
Machine Guns
8%
Pistols/Revolvers
15%
Personal Defense Weapons
8%
Shotguns
5%
Sniper Rifles
36%
Submachine Guns
8%

Total votes : 39

Re: The Arsenal - 14 Jun 2014 - STG 44

Postby Gage » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:41 pm

GageOffline
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:04 pm

DragonCheesecake wrote:Image

Can use those if you want but they're outdated now: does not have proper gradient, is not scaled properly, the bottom sprite has no use for Gen 3 sprite as of now; it was specifically used for Taurus Judge.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Llama » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

Hey, I noticed that the MAC-10 sprites all have the cocking handle in one static location (at the front) and it doesn't have it's own reciprocating sprite. Is it cool if I just edit the sprites I have so that the handle moves? I wanted to get your permission first.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:48 pm

115PIVOT wrote:Hey, I noticed that the MAC-10 sprites all have the cocking handle in one static location (at the front) and it doesn't have it's own reciprocating sprite. Is it cool if I just edit the sprites I have so that the handle moves? I wanted to get your permission first.

If you feel the need to adjust the sprite then by all means do it, though I'm curious as to what exactly it is you mean.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Llama » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 am

When the gun cycles, the bolt and the handle both move as the action is actuated. In the MAC-10 sprites, the bolt moves, but the cocking handle at the top doesn't; in all three MAC-10 sprites, the cocking handle is always at the front of the gun, when it should be reciprocating back and forth in the cases of firing and cocking.

Visual (I already made the adjustments):
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby Царица Луна » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 am

115PIVOT wrote:When the gun cycles, the bolt and the handle both move as the action is actuated. In the MAC-10 sprites, the bolt moves, but the cocking handle at the top doesn't; in all three MAC-10 sprites, the cocking handle is always at the front of the gun, when it should be reciprocating back and forth in the cases of firing and cocking.

Visual (I already made the adjustments):

I was not aware of that.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Царица Луна » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:58 pm

MP 40 was left in a mostly finished state so I decided to complete it. As far as I can remember there's still one Nazi Germany weapon left to recreate for generation 3: StG 45(M).

I'm not sure what weapon I'll post next; PKM sprites are near completion but I'm not sure exactly what parts open on the top which halted progress
Attachments
MP 40.zip
(69.19 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Re: The Arsenal - 12 Jul 2014 - MP 40

Postby SekritThunder » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:05 pm

I think you should start working on the SV98, not because I suggested it, but because that's what a lot of people want, just look at the polls!
«I am back. Purple is my thing now. Blue posts are old.»
SekritThunderOffline
Active
Active

Postby Llama » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:04 pm

I think I can help with your PKM problem. I looked at some pictures of the PKM with the upper receiver up and some with the upper down and attached to the lower, and I think I found the place where the upper joints to the whole thing and what should move up.
Within the little circle above, you can barely make out a small hinge module connected to the lower and upper receiver. I followed that module all the way around the receiver and got this:
Everything within the red lines will move up to reveal the feed tray, inner-lower receiver, etc. Everything not within the red will remain as is. I hope this helps.
LlamaOffline
but why though
VIP

Postby SekritThunder » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Luna, a lot of your files show up as "invalid" to Windows 8 File Explorer, and WINRAR says "unexpected end of archive." Is it possible for you to re-upload it?
«I am back. Purple is my thing now. Blue posts are old.»
SekritThunderOffline
Active
Active

Postby Царица Луна » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:30 pm

115PIVOT wrote:I think I can help with your PKM problem. I looked at some pictures of the PKM with the upper receiver up and some with the upper down and attached to the lower, and I think I found the place where the upper joints to the whole thing and what should move up.
Within the little circle above, you can barely make out a small hinge module connected to the lower and upper receiver. I followed that module all the way around the receiver and got this:
Everything within the red lines will move up to reveal the feed tray, inner-lower receiver, etc. Everything not within the red will remain as is. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I think I also have an idea what part opens on the other side of the weapon after seeing PKM from another angle. However, I don't know what the gun looks like without the top so I'll do some improvisation for that.

SekritThunder wrote:Luna, a lot of your files show up as "invalid" to Windows 8 File Explorer, and WINRAR says "unexpected end of archive." Is it possible for you to re-upload it?

To save time I may just re-upload everything into one .zip file. Someone else has actually requested this quite some time ago though I haven't done it yet.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:11 pm

I need an M1 Garand or some American rifle, single fire, you know? Don't press yourself to make it, I don't need it anytime soon.
It's for a WW2 animation, I'll be sure to give you credit if you make it, and I'll owe you won too, thanks.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Царица Луна » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:16 pm

LordPivot wrote:I need an M1 Garand or some American rifle, single fire, you know? Don't press yourself to make it, I don't need it anytime soon.
It's for a WW2 animation, I'll be sure to give you credit if you make it, and I'll owe you won too, thanks.

World War 2 animation you say? Any other weapons you might want? Not guaranteeing they'll be my priority but I could at least keep those weapons in mind.
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

Postby Lord » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Hmm, the Thompson SMG, The Browning from COD World at war, Kar 98k, that's really it. I'm asking for your guns because all of the points in a stk. would lag the animation, Sprites though are different.

Also, I forgot to mention, could you make the orange point on the guns handle, I want to be able to attach it to the sticks hand.
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby Царица Луна » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

LordPivot wrote:Hmm, the Thompson SMG, The Browning from COD World at war, Kar 98k, that's really it. I'm asking for your guns because all of the points in a stk. would lag the animation, Sprites though are different.

Also, I forgot to mention, could you make the orange point on the guns handle, I want to be able to attach it to the sticks hand.

I'm going to say no to the origin point for now; if I'm going to do that I'm going to also update all the other sprites I have made so far. It is something I've been wanting to do for a long time though.

I have a feeling I may have trouble finding necessary reference images for Browning M1919 due to it being an MG. I'll see if I can manage to make it, but if I can't, would you be fine with an alternate weapon like, say, BAR?
ImageImageImage
Царица ЛунаOffline
Луна
Луна

PreviousNext

Return to Animation Chat / Resources