Pivot mods?

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Pivot mods?

Postby Minato » Wed May 18, 2016 6:37 am

obviously all of us here use Pivot, but are there any mods? I mean I know nothing about modding or altering programs but still... is there anything? if not why don't we start? Because There are tons of improvements we could make ourselves and would be fantastic to have...

IE:

Dark theme, takes away the annoying white and lets you animate without straining your eyes.

Text tool, allows you to directly write text and animate it as you please with a variety of fonts and colors (colours, you damn brits.)

A freaking built in magnification tool... <---- (please god.)

A STK side bar with all models in your folders that you can just drag and drop without having to open up another window, also you can minimize.

The ability to move around the user interface...

How about some drawing tools? Would save literally hours on effects sometimes...

and other various modifications you guys can think up, it would just be nice, you know? :P (cry
MinatoOffline

Re: Pivot mods?

Postby Juke » Wed May 18, 2016 6:52 am

Might as well just use flash then.
JukeOffline
Honorary

Postby Minato » Wed May 18, 2016 7:19 am

The problem is that pivot is fantastic for being simple, although that sounds dumb as my post is literally making it more complicated, I think these features would suite it well to make it better... Flash is too much stuff, just way too much clutter and other things that I wont ever use. The main reason I love pivot so dearly is because of the style of animation, I hate re drawing my stick ect.
MinatoOffline

Postby SIFTER » Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 am

A number of what you've included there might be in Piv5 like txt and magnification tools. Drawing tool, I feel, might be a bit complicated to integrate in such a simple software especially if it's gonna have pressure sensitivity. Will be cool, but may beat the purpose of skeletal animator. A dark theme you could just mess with your high contrast settings and you're done. Although I wouldn't recommend a dark theme for black stickfigures... As for the stk slidebar, why not just hit [f]? The window is left open the whole time, so there's your solution. I know there were many mods for Pivot two, but I'm not sure anyone would be interested to do any anymore.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby andyzeke » Mon May 23, 2016 1:30 am

I think mods would be cool too. It would make pivot easier to do stuff.
RAINBOW!!!! Hehe
andyzekeOffline
VIP

Return to Animation Chat / Resources