Favorite DDC?

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Favorite DDC?

Postby Fuel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Out of all the Darkdemon Collabs, which one is your favorite? Is it because of the animations, the animators at the time, the flashing, or music choice?

I'm stuck between 7 and 9, both had awesome flashing by Jon, and I really love the music, it made them so epic.
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Re: Favorite DDC?

Postby Jojishi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:12 pm

My favourites are probably 11 and 12.

With 11, I have a lot of nostalgia for it now since it released over 4 years ago. The animations were all Pivot 2, so they pushed the program to its limits. The high quality was much harder to achieve due to the limits (i.e. limb fore-shortening). I also feel like I gave my 100% effort for that collab. The flashing by Stickid was absolutely amazing to me. I loved the professional feel he gave it all and the song choice rocked.

12 is my other favourite purely because every entry in it felt like it belonged. They also clearly had a lot of effort, were very long and creative. Pivot 4 was used for a first in a collab, so that raised the quality. I also like it because I put it together, so I'm a bit biased there I suppose. :p

I agree in regards to the 7th and 9th. Jon did an amazing job with that collab and lots of the entries were awesome.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby DostPs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:02 pm

11 and 12
DostPsOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby SIFTER » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:05 pm

The one that you were in: DDC10. That is by far my favourite of the lot. Even for today, it still holds its quality. We've got Oblivionfalls, jojishi, you(with your Pokemon animation), and Vina with his soccer animation... Generally all entries were amazing.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Amir » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:23 pm

DDC 10 was amazing, the best imo.
AmirOffline
The Red Boss
The Red Boss

Postby Fuel » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 am

Man, just thinking about DDC 10 brings me good memories. The hype, the preparations, all the awesome animators back then, Mars, Roflcopter, Wind3h, Mitches, Hbomb, the joint between The Monkey and Slushie , simply wow! Even now it still makes me estatic! I tried so many things for it, countless failed joints, a dinosaur animation, at one point I was literally 90% done with my pokemon entry when my computer crashed and I had to restart from the halfway point, wow that was tough lol. I remember Ipwnall made an awesome flashing of the collab that couldn't be done due to the file size. But the way Skype put everything together was just great!
Shadowlith 2: 5820 frames (complete)

Youtube Channel(StickComex) I Animation Thread!
FuelOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Outdated » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:39 am

Mine would have to be DDC 5, it was the first time that I was inter and there was a DDC going on. I just wish I had finished an entry for it lol. There are a lot of better collabs animation wise, but I'll always remember DDC5.
Firecracker wrote:Remember, movements aren't everything, creativity is just as important.

a.k.a. talkingcd

maybe I am
OutdatedOffline
Bot
VIP

Postby Daniël » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Probably the DDCX, because I felt like that one really raised to bar for Pivot to a whole new level.

I'd have to watch them all again, to be certain though.
DaniëlOffline
the
the

Return to Animation Chat / Resources