Who is the "next big thing?"

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: Who is the "next big thing?"

Postby Lush » Mon May 05, 2014 7:42 am

I think stylistically, Cracker is the next big thing. His poses and power through spacing are on a whole other level. He also captures some really cool perspectives, even if the 3D isn't as refined or detailed as some of the stuff Sharpshooter or Toast have done, his angles give off that "wow, that's fucking cool" kinda feel which give are far better to watch in my opinion.

Behemoth is also on his way up to being the next big thing if he continues what he's doing, no doubt.

I'm also interested to see what Phazon's Battlezone inspires and how it impacts everyone here.
The Team | Forum Rules | Pivot | Flash | PM
Add me on Skype: Rez.dd
LushOffline
Former Top Dawg
Honorary

Postby Horsie » Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 am

me and toast :)))))))
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby MCToast » Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 am

You're being too humble, Horsie.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Kap'n Krunch » Thu May 08, 2014 1:22 pm

The thing that made Jon special is that he was revolutionizing the program in the sense of how it was used. I would say that from a animating standpoint we've surpassed him (As a community of course, I personally have not) but I wouldn't really say Jon was alone either, it was that whole era of animators (FrozenFire, Bert, etc).
Kap'n KrunchOffline
I didn't pay4 shit
I didn't pay4 shit

Postby The Black Mamba » Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Freakin loved FF. If Toast weren't so lazy he'd be in the HoF right now.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Jojishi » Thu May 08, 2014 5:43 pm

I think Senzo, Firecracker and Phazon are going to be looked up to quite a bit. I don't know if anyone will ever achieve Jon or Bert status. What we're more likely to see is a second coming of classics. I consider this a new generation in the sense that at least 98% of people here didn't animate back in the '06 days of Jon and Bert. It's an entirely fresh set of animators. So we'll probably have our own classics if that makes sense.

If anyone's pushing the boundaries it's definitely MCToast. I don't think anyone else has pushed the boundaries as far as he has.

In regards to styles, we're definitely seeing a comeback with the smooth style. I think that's really sweet. That's why I personally feel this is a new gen. It's a new gen because old styles are coming back into fashion.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Previous

Return to Animation Chat / Resources