Who is the "next big thing?"

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Who is the "next big thing?"

Postby Phazon » Sat May 03, 2014 7:55 am

I'm talking the animator who will be held up with the likes of Jon and Bert when it comes to pivot in the future. Who's name will crop up due to their innovation and quality within their animation just as Jon and Bert did?
PhazonOffline
Space Pirate
VIP

Re: Who is the "next big thing?"

Postby MCToast » Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 am

No one.
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby SIFTER » Sat May 03, 2014 8:04 am

My vote goes for Jojishi. He's the most famous among all of us plus his skills are amazing.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Mitch » Sat May 03, 2014 8:25 am

MCToast wrote:No one.

Pretty much man, this is true because pivot animators have gone past the "peak" of growing with pivot, and we're on the slow and steady now as opposed to climbing the steep slope getting to know the ropes.

Part of what makes names like "Jon" and "Bert" so revered within this community is the fact that these guys weren't a part of this modern DD where all this terminology was floating around and the entire program has been properly fleshed out (and yes you can argue that things like "easing" are just a general animation thing, but there is a lot of pivot exclusive shit, pivot also gives it's own context to a lot of previously existing animation concepts because it's pivot)

So basically people like Jon and Bert not only had to come to terms with the existence of "barriers", but they also had to break them down. And in doing this they basically were the ones that said "Hey, this program can actually be used for a hell of a lot more than doing a 2 frame loop of a default jacking his extra dick segment off)

So then more animators followed them and chizzled away at what we now kinda know as the "pivot meta."

I'm not gonna pull the whole "OH FUCKING THINGS WERE SO MUCH BETTER RIP 2007 DAYS ;_;7", because I don't feel like that at all. I mean, lets face it, 70 percent of the enjoyment of pivot comes the end result as opposed to actually doing your head in moving the dots. So I really like the fact that people these days can just jump on DD and have a bunch of dudes with orange names tell them exactly what they need to do. No the modern DD does not "baby" anyone. However In contrast to what I said about Jon and Bert, the modern pivot community is just about breaking down the barriers and getting better as opposed to having to find the barriers yourself like Jon, Bert ect.

This kinda ties in with how I feel about the ranking system, I really hate all the comments by beginnerfag dumb asses who say shit like "I ANIMATE ONLY FOR FUN NOT RANKS." The ranks are what makes the pivot community fun, because like I said its the mostly the result of an animation that makes pivot enjoyable, not the work itself. And all the ranking system does is challenge you to make your results better, faster.

Anyway I just went off on a huge fucking tangent but yeah you get it.

If I were to ignore everything I just said and pivot is ACTUALLY still kicking in 5-7 years time, I like to think that all the current Veterans and Elites will be remembered.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Cowboy Memebop » Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 am

although people make really good shit now i don't think they'll be remembered as well as the people who made it big first
Cowboy MemebopOffline
Professional
Professional

Postby kellawgs » Sat May 03, 2014 11:32 am

McToast is the one of the few that seem to be doing the next big push of the limits.

frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Extra » Sat May 03, 2014 11:57 am

it will be me
ExtraOffline
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Postby Chris » Sat May 03, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm prob the next Nutcracker. his style seems to be all I can do these days

Image Mostly all I do...
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby Echo » Sat May 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Probably me cuz I do stuff... also Caleb, Bombastic and that guy could make it too but I think my animations include so much running that I am going to be the one ;)

Am I right guys?

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Chris » Sat May 03, 2014 2:18 pm

*Sniff*... *cough*...
Geometry Dash
ChrisOffline
Chris
Chris

Postby MCToast » Sat May 03, 2014 4:20 pm

kellawgs wrote:McToast is the one of the few that seem to be doing the next big push of the limits.

*blush*
MCToastOffline
VIP
VIP

Postby Behemoth » Sat May 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Although I don't think there is going to be the "next big thing", the most we've gotten so far was Jojishi and HBomb. They had some popularity amongst what was left in the pivot community on YouTube. I've heard their name popping up now and then on their. But in general, I don't think we'll have a next big thing for a long time.
BehemothOffline
Regular
Regular

Postby Mitch » Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 pm

kellawgs wrote:Image

tfw most of this was made in pivot 2. All those separate sticks man.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby kellawgs » Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Behemoth wrote:Although I don't think there is going to be the "next big thing", the most we've gotten so far was Jojishi and HBomb. They had some popularity amongst what was left in the pivot community on YouTube. I've heard their name popping up now and then on their. But in general, I don't think we'll have a next big thing for a long time.

Jojishi and H Bomb shouldn't be mentioned when we've got niggers like Mctoast. Jojishi is definitely close to being up there as far as pushing boundaries goes, H Bomb seems a lot closer to casual and average pivoting, but McToast's shit is just mind blowing at times.

@Mitch- tfw

Anyway, I wouldn't call Bert quite as groundbreaking, but Jon is definitely some good shit. Even today his shit oozes with style and highly entertaining plot progression. In fact, Firecracker is really up there aswell. He may not be pushing the boundaries but he's doing the absolute best he could with the current ones, like damn. Firecracker has, to me, always been inspirational for the same reasons Jon still is.
frogs settle into the night
kellawgsOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Mitch » Sat May 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Yeah to kinda rephrase what I meant before, the ones that get remembered are the people who just do something new because thats kinda what i meant by breaking down a barrier. Like Toast's perspective emphasized 3D or Crackers style in general.
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Next

Return to Animation Chat / Resources