An Animator's Potential

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Re: An Animator's Potential

Postby Gage » Wed May 07, 2014 1:08 am

Mitch wrote:
DragonCheesecake wrote:I don't see why it's a big deal, you see retarded videos go up on the spot light on YouTube from people stealing one another's content or spending too much time making it with something else all the time lol

Yeah doesn't mean I cant hate it.

People seem to try their hardest to find something bad about anything nowadays. But yes, as long as it's a real opinion. But I do agree with you
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Mitch » Wed May 07, 2014 1:17 am

DragonCheesecake wrote:People seem to try their hardest to find something bad about anything nowadays.

Well I mean it wasn't very hard to find something bad about blatantly copying the best part of an animation that got him moved up 2 ranks.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Gage » Wed May 07, 2014 1:27 am

Mitch wrote:
DragonCheesecake wrote:People seem to try their hardest to find something bad about anything nowadays.

Well I mean it wasn't very hard to find something bad about blatantly copying the best part of an animation that got him moved up 2 ranks.

Yeah, I sort of hate it too, but I see how it could be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit inspiring for all those beginners for transferring it over from flash to pivot basically, just as long as they don't trace the whole gosh darn thing
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Mat » Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 am

DragonCheesecake wrote:could be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit inspiring for all those beginners for transferring it over from flash to pivot basically

Not in a good way though.
MatOffline
Wasted
Retired

Postby Gage » Wed May 07, 2014 1:32 am

Mat wrote:
DragonCheesecake wrote:could be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit inspiring for all those beginners for transferring it over from flash to pivot basically

Not in a good way though.

Just like every other spotlighted Pivot animation
GageOffline
VIP

Postby socks » Wed May 07, 2014 5:12 pm

Mitch wrote:

Which part of his one of his animations was rotoscoped.
socksOffline
2005 - 2015
Retired

Postby Gage » Wed May 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Stripes wrote:
Mitch wrote:

Which part of his one of his animations was rotoscoped.

Many parts in all of them, he mainly copied Terkoiz
GageOffline
VIP

Postby Mitch » Wed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Stripes wrote:Which part of his one of his animations was rotoscoped.

The last fall of crimson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmT3RgnQu4
0:37

FLLFFL vs Tarantula
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azVsnHwXLJM
1:18

Last fall of crimson is a pretty fucking good animation but this soured it for me a bit.
**** funno ***************************************************************************
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Horsie » Wed May 07, 2014 6:57 pm

toast mafire mitch
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Mitch » Wed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm

What?
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Horsie » Wed May 07, 2014 7:06 pm

i like ur sprites
HorsieOffline
Fabulous
VIP

Postby Mitch » Wed May 07, 2014 7:17 pm

th-thanks
MitchOffline
` `
`    `

Postby Kap'n Krunch » Wed May 07, 2014 7:29 pm

NP and Bolteuzz for obvious reasons
Behemoth has one of my favorite styles on this forum
Reaper even though I'm glad to hear you still animate (thumbsup
Lush because of how good he got in such a short amount of time, wished he still animated
Memphis because of all the failed projects once he got vets
Kap'n KrunchOffline
I didn't pay4 shit
I didn't pay4 shit

Postby The Black Mamba » Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 pm

I had no idea he rotoscoped any of his stuff, that's kind of a bummer.
The Black MambaOffline
HONEY!!!!!!!!
HONEY!!!!!!!!

Postby Jojishi » Sat May 10, 2014 4:28 am

I feel like OblivionFall's not utilising his full potential animating My Little Pony. I can appreciate the animation quality itself. The subtle movements, little bounces and arcing motions... It looks better than some animation I've seen on TV. He can animate what he wants in the end, I'm just annoyed it's My Little Pony stuff.

The same can be said for Terkoiz. I love his Summoner Showdown animations, but I don't know much about LoL at all and I'd prefer if he did something original. Loads of people would kill for that animation skill, yet he's animating something based on a game. Granted, it's a little more original to animate something based on a game than a show... But I also feel this guy hasn't reached his full potential. I just know he could make the most amazing animated short or film ever.

As for Pivot animators, I'd say that Slushie never realised his full potential. Neither did MonkeyMint, the guy he jointed with. That guy had an amazingly fluid style. Xehanort is another one that comes to mind. He and WereZ made some cool joints but I feel he could have made something really bad ass on his own. Nice Pants almost reached his full potential with Two Angry Men but didn't quite get there. Mitch needs to make more animations, but he's a perfectionist like Nice Pants so we're not seeing much from him. Strider never reached his full potential since when he got Veteran he just stopped. Thund[r] had a really awesome project that he never completed and I feel like that guy didn't achieve his full potential. Mitchez stopped after his Pivot War with Slick Rick, came back for an FFA with Lithium and then stopped again. I don't feel like he reached his full potential since he got extremely good, everyone hyped up his work and then he just never made anything better really. Marvalicious has made some great stuff but never really made any serious project at his full potential, except maybe his DDC12.

PivAd was making a long project which probably would have blown people's minds and got him Veteran, and right before he quit he was unearthing an extremely abstract yet fluid style. It broke so many rules of animation but still worked through the way he used timing and squash and stretch. You'll need to refer to his last update video with the last 2 animations to know what I mean. His YouTube channel is PivAd123 in case you're interested.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Previous

Return to Animation Chat / Resources