Ideas Thread

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

Ideas Thread

Postby tuna » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:50 am

Any ideas for an animation that you're willing to share?

Post here!

Here's mine

Rain: First scene is a long shot of the sky with dark clouds and maybe a bit of lightning for extra drama. The next scene shows the inside of a cloud only the inside looks like the inside of a helicopter or something, and they are some raindrops in there, sitting down or walking about. A red light is flashing then it changes to green, the raindrops go over to the door and open it. Third scene shows a cloud and a load of doors with other raindrops jumping out (the idea being that the second scene was showing one room out of lots inside a single cloud). 4th scene is a close up of a door and a raindrop is about to jump out, maybe he's a little bit scared or something. The raindrop jumps.

Dramatic music starts. 5th scene is a 3d angle of the raindrop falling toward the camera. The screen then shows the raindrop's face and he pulls out a little kamikaze headband and puts it on. Camera pans to a new angle that looks up toward the clouds with the raindrop in view and you see loads of other raindrops falling behind him, quite far away. The camera cuts to being able to see the whole raindrop and quite a lot of screen around him. Then some other raindrops appear in the background and you see them being destroyed by hitting into things (birds, bugs, plane?). The raindrop is now going so fast he starts to break up. He shuts his eyes and a tear escapes from the corner of one of them. Buildings and things are visible on the ground at this point. Cut the music to something calm, quiet, cut the scene to a puddle on the floor and the raindrop lands in the puddle and makes a small splash. Slowly zoom out as the rain gets heavier and run any necessary credits.

You don't have to post anything big like that, you can just suggest something like 0 gravity animation, pogo stick, or something like that..
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Re: Ideas Thread

Postby The Specter » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Zero G animation about a guy with only a pogo stick who hops around from asteroid to asteroid and then something happens like the gravity is too strong and gets forced down to a planet and because the gravity is too much he cant jump anymore so he ends up just offing himself. Or he could like accidently jump into a black hole and experience spaghettification, I think that would be really cool
The SpecterOffline
Ghostly
Investor

Postby Waffles Mgee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:48 pm

Guy in big mech suit vs army of tanks. He beats the crap outta every single one, kickin' em over into each other, tearing off the turrets, firing the shell then using it as a melee weapon, etc. Just smashin' them all with his big robot fists, each other and maybe a rocket pod or two. Then, at the end, there's the big bad boss tank. After a little bit of fighting, bam, big boss tank transforms. Then the fight begins.
Waffles MgeeOffline
Gold Member
VIP

Postby Jojishi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 am

Animate something to do with consciousness. You can make it a character switching animation or something like astral projection. It may need to be animated in first person but it would be pretty cool.
JojishiOffline
Retired

Postby SIFTER » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 am

Animate someone dreaming of himself falling into so many portals, and each portal has a different theme. For example: As soon as he falls into the 1st portal, he falls into hell, the the second portal is heaven, then the second portal is the sky..etc. In the end he falls into his bed and wakes up.
SIFTEROffline
Admin
Admin

Postby Lord » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Waffles Mgee wrote:Guy in big mech suit vs army of tanks. He beats the crap outta every single one, kickin' em over into each other, tearing off the turrets, firing the shell then using it as a melee weapon, etc. Just smashin' them all with his big robot fists, each other and maybe a rocket pod or two. Then, at the end, there's the big bad boss tank. After a little bit of fighting, bam, big boss tank transforms. Then the fight begins.

How violent.

Something I find cool are mash-up animations. I'm currently working on one now, but I'm telling nobody what it is (cheesy grin
Take a game you like. Such as... Stick wars, or Sonic or whatever and pivotise it.

-Merged.
Watch the double posts man.

~Tuna
Last edited by tuna on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby XElite109 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Animate a guy getting ripped in half
That's what I'm doing.
XElite109Offline
VIP
VIP

Postby Ussay » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Animate a woman planning her sadistic revenge.
UssayOffline
Rank Team
Rank Team

Postby Anton » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Animate a stickman with a little fuse stuck in his head, someone light it on, and get your explosion pack ready.
StickMaking | Animations Thread
The switch is now on OFF
AntonOffline
VIP

Postby H bomb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am

Tuna wrote:Any ideas for an animation that you're willing to share?

Post here!

Here's mine

Rain: First scene is a long shot of the sky with dark clouds and maybe a bit of lightning for extra drama. The next scene shows the inside of a cloud only the inside looks like the inside of a helicopter or something, and they are some raindrops in there, sitting down or walking about. A red light is flashing then it changes to green, the raindrops go over to the door and open it. Third scene shows a cloud and a load of doors with other raindrops jumping out (the idea being that the second scene was showing one room out of lots inside a single cloud). 4th scene is a close up of a door and a raindrop is about to jump out, maybe he's a little bit scared or something. The raindrop jumps.

Dramatic music starts. 5th scene is a 3d angle of the raindrop falling toward the camera. The screen then shows the raindrop's face and he pulls out a little kamikaze headband and puts it on. Camera pans to a new angle that looks up toward the clouds with the raindrop in view and you see loads of other raindrops falling behind him, quite far away. The camera cuts to being able to see the whole raindrop and quite a lot of screen around him. Then some other raindrops appear in the background and you see them being destroyed by hitting into things (birds, bugs, plane?). The raindrop is now going so fast he starts to break up. He shuts his eyes and a tear escapes from the corner of one of them. Buildings and things are visible on the ground at this point. Cut the music to something calm, quiet, cut the scene to a puddle on the floor and the raindrop lands in the puddle and makes a small splash. Slowly zoom out as the rain gets heavier and run any necessary credits.

You don't have to post anything big like that, you can just suggest something like 0 gravity animation, pogo stick, or something like that..

I reeeeally like that idea. You'd better animate that man.
H bombOffline

Postby Lord » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 am

Yeah, it is quite creative.
Where did you get this from? (hmmm
Tuna wrote:0 gravity animation
Ma' thread
"Some people get so caught up in perfecting their movements and effects, that they forget what an animation is meant to do, entertain people." - LordPivot
LordOffline
The Man
The Man

Postby tuna » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:45 am

H bomb wrote:
Tuna wrote:SNIP

I've already tried once, but it failed miserably. Mind you, that was when I was still a beginner. I might try it again some time.

Failed Rain
tunaOffline
Retired
Retired

Postby Echo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:29 am

That shit's so fucking awesome man xD

Lithium wrote:Enjoyed that, how about making one with a huge boulder chasing a dude. I reckon you'd be really good at something like that. (thumbsup (thumbsup
EchoOffline
I used to be better
I used to be better

Postby Peebles » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 am

Tuna wrote:
H bomb wrote:
Tuna wrote:SNIP

I've already tried once, but it failed miserably. Mind you, that was when I was still a beginner. I might try it again some time.

Failed Rain

Here's an idea: Try that again. Because that is an extremely original idea and very clever.
2008-2015, 2019-
PeeblesOffline
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c
a-l-e-a-t-o-r-i-c

Postby Clauraz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:41 am

Wow Tuna that is amazing! I have two ideas I'd love to see done, one I should be capable of but the other I'd like more done to it then what id put in.

1. It's your kids birthday so you blind for him and hand him a bat (for a piniata). You then walk inside (reason uknown at the momen) as your son not knowing whats in front of him starts swinging and ends up beating an animal up that was tied to a tree... (sounds sadistic now)

2. Why kids really have teddy bears.
Starts off with a little boy saying goodnight to his family and then going to bed, as he gets in bed and falls asleep a giant monster appears from underneath his bed to attack him. Luckily for him his trusty Teddy is there to protect him wielding his sword and shield the bear jumps into action protecting the child and a massive fight breaks out between the monster an bear :D
ClaurazOffline
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Animation Chat / Resources