My Stick Page

Talk about animation, post .stks and resources here.

Moderator: Rank Team

My Stick Page

Postby neilhavkin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Guten Tag!

Mein Name ist Neil. I don't actually speak German. This is my stick page, where I publish all the stick figures I have made in Pivot. Feel free to share your sticks with me, request sticks, whatever.

My boring story: I love making sticks and have been doing so since the tender young age of one hundred and thirty-four moons (about eleven years old.) Always the artist, I quickly found a passion in drawing sticks. I became extremely good at making sticks. After Droidz basically collapsed, I had nowhere to drop my sticks off, so I created a website with some fellow animators. One of them was an asshole and destroyed the website, so that project ended. I started dropping my sticks off on animator.net, then I took a long absence, and came back. So here I am. Nobody has ever really noticed my sticks before. It would be great if somebody would actually download my figures this time and use them in animations. Especially because my sticks are fucking amazing (not to brag...) and are really well-made.

I spend a long-ass time on each stick. It takes forever to make one and I'd really appreciate it if people actually used my sticks. It would really mean a lot.

Before I cut the metaphorical virtual red ribbon to my stick page, I'd like to thank a couple people. Tuna, for being the only animator I can call a friend, for driving the metaphorical stake of my life into the metaphorical ground of Pivot, and for sharing sticks and animations with me. Although I can be almost entirely sure you'll never read this, thank you to vtun77 for creating the first stick pack I've ever downloaded, the "Pivot Practice Pack."

Barrett M82

Because I love making sticks, I made a stick of my favorite firearm on earth (for you!) that literally sexually arouses me — the M82 rifle, AKA Barrett .50 Cal. The specific model I replicated was the M82A3. I know I've made at least seven different versions of this gun, I deleted my files so I re-did the stick from scratch. It turned out pretty well. I didn't include any optics. I'll release an optics pack later.

Handgun Pack

I'm taking a break from rifles and spending a while making handguns. These weapons function as props; there are no unloaded versions, the slides and hammers don't move back and neither do the triggers. Update to this pack coming soon.

Thanks for reading,

- Neil
Last edited by neilhavkin on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Re: My Stick Page

Postby Axon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm

thanks for sharing, hopefully someone can make good use of these ^^
AxonOffline
aye lmoa
aye lmoa

Handgun Update

Postby neilhavkin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:48 pm

For the past bit, I've been working on some handguns. Unlike most of my other sticks, the handguns in this pack function more as props; they don't have moving triggers or hammers, the slide doesn't move and there is no unloaded version. However, there will be a lot of sticks in this pack.

So far I've completed a Sig Sauer P226, an HK USP Compact and a Browning Hi-Power.

Thanks,

- Neil
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Handgun Update: Update

Postby neilhavkin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I have completed the first part of my handgun pack. Weapons included are a Steyr Glock 17, a Browning Hi-Power, the Beretta M9, a Walther P99, a Sig Sauer P226, and an HK USP Compact. The second part of the pack will include older handguns such as the M1911 and revolvers.

The download link can be found in the first post.
neilhavkinOffline
VIP

Return to Animation Chat / Resources